MERGED-->Patti Smith spat at Larry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone kicked ass last night.:rockon:

I watched her go behind Larry and hit a cymbal. She laughed and I believe I saw a smile come out of him. (A rare thing but nice to see.)

I was in the ellipse at the back rail. So I got a good look at everything. I still can't believe it though, 1st time in GA! :drool:

Hello Kimla:wave:

atikicat said:
I read some of the reviews on u2tours for last night's show and they mentioned that she was spitting on the audience during her set. Weird.

reminds me of a Motley Crue concert I went to this summer with Nikki Sixx hawking a loogy on the whole front row... he'd spit on his stack above his head and then let it drip back down into his mouth and then spit on the forehead of some lucky fan...

Girls! Girls! Girls!

non issue....

spit.jpg

oh what a great picture u2wedge!

seriously, a little spit from the stage just doesn't seem like a big deal to me, for the sake of the show o' course....
spit from the audience would bug me I must admit...
I saw the Cramps play once an age ago though and the bodily fluids I was afraid might ...ahem...come from that stage, even in the name of art:ohmy:
cheers!

ShellBeThere said:
oh what a great picture u2wedge!

seriously, a little spit from the stage just doesn't seem like a big deal to me, for the sake of the show o' course....
spit from the audience would bug me I must admit...
I saw the Cramps play once an age ago though and the bodily fluids I was afraid might ...ahem...come from that stage, even in the name of art:ohmy:
cheers!

:up:

what *IS* the correct spelling of "hawk a loogy" anyway? :scratch:

LyricalDrug said:
I wonder if the plan was to have the entire crowd singing "We All Shine On..." over and over (like they do with "how long.." in "40") as the show ended? Maybe the crowd didn't quite pick up on it, and it fell flat. Sounds like Bono and Patti came back out, trying to restart it one more time, but it didn't quite work.

I wasn't there, so who knows... just a theory.

Exactly right. spoke with people who were there, and they told it like that. They also said Patty was fine. She tripped over a monitor during a song, but that was it.

Yes that old hag was spitting at the audience. Its one of my classical moments being at a concert. She's a freakin hippie wearing long stockings and spits at the audience. She needs to bring some BO to combat her smell. I bet that she hasn't taken a shower in 10 days.

oh my God...people said that when she was in her twenties.
You know, just because you don't wear dresses or makeup, doesn't mean you're not clean.

Do you wear dresses and makeup? Are you clean?

The world needs more people like you. Really.
You know, the clean type. Thanks for your input.
I know I learned a lot from it.

u2wedge said:
non issue....

spit.jpg

I'll always remember watching Bono stroll out onto the B stage at Seattle Popmart--I can't remember which song it was--and lay a hocker down in front of the stage (but well short of the crowd).

Big deal--it's a friggin' rock-n-roll show, not the symphony. I'm sure he wouldn't do that in somebody's house or in a nice restaurant. Don't hear anybody complaining when athletes spit on the field--that's basically the mode Bono's in.

Super_Fan said:
Yes that old hag was spitting at the audience. Its one of my classical moments being at a concert. She's a freakin hippie wearing long stockings and spits at the audience. She needs to bring some BO to combat her smell. I bet that she hasn't taken a shower in 10 days.

you are very ignorant............

Patti was more into politics than being a "hippie"........her late-husband was in the MC5.........
she was also a poet first, and very strong R&R fan as well

her private label single Piss Factory ....referencs a lot of R&R icons.....

in fact thats a goooooood idea.........

....go take a piss............buddy {or girlie <if a woman poster >}

Last edited:
well she does have frizzy hair but I wouldnt exactly call her unclean :huh: She looked plenty clean to me :scratch:
It was pretty hilarious watching her feet fly over her head when she tripped on the teleprompter :lmao:
But she never spat at the audience. She spat all over the stage and it was really gross but never AT anyone. She tried to engage the audience and smiled at them, moved on the stage to both sides and sort of did her thing.
She did manage to get spit in the poor security guys hair in front of us though :(

She never spat at Larry either. He looked like he LOVED having her on the stage with them and was smiling like a goofy little boy!

I got sprayed with Bonos water the second night on the rail in the ellipse :drool: :wink:
Ah heaven

u2bonogirl said:
It was pretty hilarious watching her feet fly over her head when she tripped on the teleprompter :lmao:

I was horrified when that happened { didn't see the legs up in air part}
but that's because......

you probably wouldn't know but she had a very bad fall from the stage :scratch: somewhen around ? late 75 or 76......she nearly broke her neck had to have i think fairly extensive rehab before she could return to the stage.......
I saw her at CBGB's when she returned to play....and was still wearing aneckbrace off & on during the show...........

i know if you didn't know that story it probablty was funny

Back
Top Bottom