MERGED --> One month to Chicago + Chicago is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kawai17

The Fly
One month to Chicago!

Only one more month to Chicago 1,2,3,4! It's been a long time fellas...

If the last tour was any indication, these should be some great ones. Bono's birthday is on Chicago 3, and they really mixed up the setlist for Chicago 4 during Elevation.

Given that we've heard a bunch of rarely played oldies on this tour so far, and given their maybe they'll whip out some lost UF songs (Unforgettable Fire, Wire, A Sort of Homecoming) in homage to their Chicago peace museum visit?

Here's hoping for some great weather for the GA'ers and maybe a few :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: sightings during their week stay.

:drool:

Can't wait. I'm driving 16 hours to go to Chicago 1 from Canada. GA not pleased with the lottery, but I still can't wait for the show. Where is the line up going to be at the United Center?

I wanted to go to more than 1 in Chicago but i couldn't get the time off work. Those bastards!!! So I'm going to see them twice in Toronto in September. But May 7 Chicago should be the best.

I'm gonna keep my eye on Bloomingdales ......
as Bono has shopped there in the past while in Chicago......
As for hotels ..... I'd bet on the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons,
if anyone wants an encounter with U2......
Let's hope and pray we all can get the chance !!!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, who makes an attempt at trying to meet
the guys ..... :camera: :up:

I have GAs for Chicago 2, 3, and 4.

I'm finalizing a ticket trade that will get me two seats in the upper deck for Chicago 1.

Definitely looking forward to it. :up:

knox said:
I have GAs for Chicago 2, 3, and 4.

I'm finalizing a ticket trade that will get me two seats in the upper deck for Chicago 1.

Definitely looking forward to it. :up:

all 6 chicago shows...leave some for the rest of us :wink:

kawai: Saturday morning, I have my last final exam of the year. Instead of going off and getting wasted all week, I'm going to U2. You should be proud of me. :p

Woohoo,It will be one month for me tomorrow!! :dancing:

How do you think we will be doing by next month! LOL.I have GA's and its my first ever U2 concert.

Iam very anxious to hear how the first show goes,and if the Bono is meeting and greeting before the show.

That was my thought Knox! :up:
I will be going solo on the May 10 show, Sept 21st shows in Chicago and then again December 14th in St Louis. Anyone wanting to buddy up....I'm game!!! :wink:

So does anyone know where outside the United Center we go if we want to try to catch a glimpse or an autograph of the fab four before the show?

It's so close!

I believe it's down by the loading docks for the autograph seekers. Just watch where people are going.....it will all be crystal clear! :wink: I believe they did come out and sign a few but it wasn't for very long.

zoodishbu said:
I believe it's down by the loading docks for the autograph seekers. Just watch where people are going.....it will all be crystal clear! :wink: I believe they did come out and sign a few but it wasn't for very long.

I wonder though...if you've got a spot in the GA line, do you dare leave it to try and get autographs? I know I wouldn't. I'd be too afraid of losing my place in line.

ill be there for Chicago 1, 2, 3, and 4..........seats for the may 7th and 12th shows and GA for the other two........can't wait

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore - I just broke down.... I have 2 tickets for the 9th (section 104) which I got without TOO much trouble during the first pre-sale (compared to other stories I've heard) BUT...

I really wanted to be there on Bono's birthday, so I broke down and just bought 1 GA for the 10th! I'm sooo excited I'm actually shaking! :) I couldn't stand it anymore, after reading about so many people going to multiple shows!

I paid $170 ( with shipping) - you guys don't think that's too much, do you?

What, am I nuts? Cheap at twice the price! :wink:

As far as meeting them, I met them briefly on the last tour, at the loading dock fence there by the street. Thing is, I had reserved, and missed part of PJ Harvey because they arrived so late. So I wouldn't risk it if I were a G.A. holder.

They also didn't sign autographs because they were so late, but I understand that they did at one of the other Chicago shows when they got there earlier.

I have GA tickets for May 7th. Does anyone else? When were you planning on going to wait in line? I've never been to Chicago before and don't really know where to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've got reserved tickets (but wish I had GA) so i guess i'll go down to the docks to try and see them. I really wouldn't mind missing kings of leon.

So when does u2 usually arrive to shows? Does anyone know what's 'on time' and what's 'running late' for them?

arcanum17 said:

I paid $170 ( with shipping) - you guys don't think that's too much, do you?

What, am I nuts? Cheap at twice the price! :wink:

My opinion is, even though its paying about 3.5 times face value, if you can afford it, and you have a great night with the fans and the band, its well worth it. Obviously it sucks that scalpers get away with this, but dont let that sour the experience.

see you all there- i have GAs for 5/10 and 5/12! can't wait to see how much the show has changed since the san diego opener... and i'm hoping they'll play "a celebration" on bono's birthday! :)

Back
Top Bottom