MERGED --> One month to Chicago + Chicago is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kawai17 said:
Good time to be in Chicago?

U2 - May 7,9,10,12 (United Center)
Coldplay - May 6 (Metro)
Springsteen - May 11 (Rosemont Theatre)
Wilco - May 4,5,6,7 (Vic Theatre)
Snow Patrol - May 12 (Vic Theatre)
The Killers - May 11 (Riviera Theatre)
Billy Idol - May 12 (Congress Theatre)
Stereophonics - May 9 (Metro)

And Green Day will have a concert at the Peoria Civic Center-Arena (Peoria Illinois is the place) on May 10th.

So it's a good time for Illinois in general....not just Chicago.

i don't live in chicago but i'm going to chicago....this time next weekend i'll be at the HRC :hyper:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Now I can't wait! Although I have to wait for another 8 days....but I can't wait nevertheless!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:ohmy: well hello there posting at the same time :lol:

i printed out your stuff for the bono bday card tonite :hyper:

i ran out of double stick tape though :grumpy:

It's sooo close. It feels like just yesterday I was going through the fiasco that was the ticket sale. I can't believe it's less than a week away. I'll be on the floor for all 4 nights. I tell ya what, it's pretty hard to get any work done knowing it's so close.

The fact that they're filming the DVD there makes it even better (which is hard to imagine), since I'll always have that to remember the shows by.

Dammit... someone make it Saturday!

bono_man2002 said:
You better be giving us a live stream gorman! :lol:

lol!

Well, I will be posting something. I'm bringing an awesome DV cam with me, and if I can get it in, I'm going to try and videotape a good bit. I don't want to distract myself from the show though, so I'll probably just tape parts from 1 or 2 shows. So no live audio, but I'll be posting video clips, photos, and reviews live from my hotel room in Chicago ;)

gorman said:

lol!

Well, I will be posting something. I'm bringing an awesome DV cam with me, and if I can get it in, I'm going to try and videotape a good bit. I don't want to distract myself from the show though, so I'll probably just tape parts from 1 or 2 shows. So no live audio, but I'll be posting video clips, photos, and reviews live from my hotel room in Chicago ;)

ya didnt happen to bring that into the recent muse concert in stl did ya? :wink:

WOO-HOO!!!!

I've been keeping a countdown ever since I got my tickets. I have a sticky note on my computer monitor at work. And every day when I get there the first thing I do is take down the note and write a new one, with the number of days left until the concert.

Today is number 5. 5 days!!!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Chizip said:

ya didnt happen to bring that into the recent muse concert in stl did ya? :wink:

I didn't end up going :( I sort of forgot until it was about to start, heh. How was it?

Also, how was Razorlight? I really like their album, but haven't seen 'em live.

Hi Chicaogoers,

I'm flying in from Belfast for 2 of the 4 shows - is there an obvious area around the United Center where you could possibly meet the band if they stop for autographs?

Also would it be OK to put fly shades on the Michael Jordan statue? I got a bit nervous when I read it quickly and thought there was a life size Michael Jackson statue in Chicago.

Cheers lads,
Roondawg

PS - Are the Cubs any good?

it was freaking amazing, probably because i had front row center along the rail :drool:

i actually really liked razorlight, they were a very nice surprise

i ended up downloading their album because of it and it is very cool

To RoonDawg,
I live in Chicago, so let me give you an early welcome!!
There is a fence around the Michael Jordan statue, so you cant put shades on it. But, you can take pictures of it.
Asking if the Cubs are good is a loaded question in this city. It all depends on who you ask. Im a Cubs fan, so yes, they are great. But, dont ask a White Sox fan about the Cubs!!
I hope you enjoy the city and the shows.
Ill be at the 10May concert.

Back
Top Bottom