MERGED --> Old Propaganda Members are First in Line!!!+Presale This Tuesday/ Presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This kinda stinks

The public onsale actually seems more convenient for me. I'm a teacher and have class at 10 a.m. I do have a computer in my room, but it may be hard to log onto the net during that time, I have 26 kids in my class!

I wish this presale was like the Dave Matthews ticket lotterys where the time you place your order doesn't affect the kind of tickets you get. From what I've read about the U2 presale is you have to order ASAP to get the best seats?

ImOuttaControl said:
Well, I hope that everybody who paid the $40 gets to buy tickets at the same time...That'd be bullshit if former propaganda members got to buy them earlier...In fact I'd probably ask for my money back being the only reason I spent the $40 on the premium membership was for the first chance at tickets.

I wasn't a Prop member but i got the email yesterday with my code for the presale :hyper:

Ok my question is, who is doing the presale? I clicked on the link and it brought me into the U2 site. When the link is 'activated' for real tomorrow is it going to go to TicketBastard?

wish they could of told us the prices in advance too! Just wondering about this bit...

Check you have not exceeded the ticket limit for your code. Each code is only valid for either 2 tickets for any one (1) North America show or 4 tickets for any one (1) European show, and cannot be re-used.

So does that mean if there was say 4 dates you wanted you can get 1 ticket for each 4 shows or does it mean you can get 4 tickets for one show and one show only? gonna need to book day off work at short notice!

can see it now on tuesday...ticketmaster meltdown, no one can book anything then when its all over, all sold out! mind you that was back in 2001 for the elevation tour I'm sure we have moved on in 4 years for this kind of thing....have we?

Just curious:

Do we all have the same code, and secretly not know it?

Hahahaha...seems par for the course. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

It's probably not a bad idea to set up and/or update your ticketmaster account, that way all of your billing details, address information, credit card is ready and up to date.

cmb737 said:
Just curious:

Do we all have the same code, and secretly not know it?

Hahahaha...seems par for the course. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I don't think so because I have 2 memberships (1 is my father's) and the code is different.

ramblin rose said:
It's probably not a bad idea to set up and/or update your ticketmaster account, that way all of your billing details, address information, credit card is ready and up to date.

Wow, I hadn't thought of this. Thanks for the tip. I have a new credit card since the last time I used ticketmaster's website, which was in June. Thanks.

yeah and TicketBastard was gracious enough to waive *some* of their OUTRAGEOUS fees to buy online.

Q - What are the extra charges on top of the ticket price?
A - In an unprecedented arrangement, U2.Com has secured for U2.Com
Subscribers a significant reduction on the standard Ticketmaster.com
convenience charge, which is levied on all ticket sales in North
America -
however this is limited to 10% of the capacity in each venue and this
reduced levy will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Is anyone sure what 10am local time means yet? I would assume it would have to relate to the location of the venue. Meaning that if you live on the east coast, but were buying tix for the west coast...you'd have to wait until 1pm? Anyway, I'm bummed that the tour isn't starting in Miami. Looks like I might not even have to worry about buying tix this Tuesday, as I'm guessing only the tix for the west coast shows will be going on sale?? We'll know by tomorrow at least.

Well, after reading the u2.com tours info again and again, it seems like possibly all of the presales might not take place on Tuesday for all of the venues:

Q. Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A. No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each show by following the links in the email containing your unique access code.

In other words I might have to wait until Monday to decide what day I need to take off from work.:huh:

If it helps anyone, I was never a Prop member, but I DID subscribe to u2.com and paid the $40 membership fee. I got my pre-sale code this morning as well! Tuesday, 10AM local time is when the pre-sale begins! Can't wait! Now I just have to convinve my parents to let me stay home from school for the sale! EEK:huh: I just missed two days of school this week because of the Flu. I hope they don't screw me over.:sad:

Blue Room said:
Right now it looks like just Prop members get to purchase on tuesday as my Prop emails came through but I didnt get one with my normal subscription. Did anyone that is not a Prop U2.com member get a password?
Yep.

Go San Diego!

While everyone else is trying to get tickets for that, I can easily assure good seats at a Northern California show for myself. :wink:

Oh, and Ramblin Rose, another part of the FAQ said that the first leg of the US Tour and the European leg will all be on sale on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Question:

For cities with muliple dates (like Boston)... can you choose lets say to buy tickets for the third or even 2nd show instead of the first OR do you have to wait for the first to sell out before the other are even put on sale?

there is no difference between prop members and u2.com subscribers for the presale. Everyone will get the same opportunity to buy at the same time. No one is ahead of the other unless you are not a subscribed member then you obviously have to wait for the general sale.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
For those who didn't get the e-mail, check your junk inboxes. That's where mine was, thought all other U2.com e-mails have gone right to my inbox. :der:

Thank you, thank you so much for this little tip. I did receive my e-mail, and it was in my Junk e-mail box. Without your hint, I am certain that I never would have thought to check in there. You saved me three days of panic. I really appreciate it.

brkngrrl said:
Question:

For cities with muliple dates (like Boston)... can you choose lets say to buy tickets for the third or even 2nd show instead of the first OR do you have to wait for the first to sell out before the other are even put on sale?

brkngrrl,
It depends on the date of the presale. If multiple shows for the same venue have the same presale date then yes you can buy tix for the 2nd show or 3rd.

brkngrrl said:
Question:

You should be able to buy tickets for any show on the first leg or the European leg.....and you can buy two tickets for any show, so you could get two for every Boston show, probably.

But Boston might not be on this leg though......who knows?

u2gator said:
For the North American tickets do you all think the announcement will be for both legs of the trek or just the first leg? If it is just first leg dates announced will we be able to by 2 more tickets when the second leg is announce later in the year?

Good question Gator. Especially since it looks like we in the Southeast may get skipped over until the fall. I'd like to roadtrip this tour, but I don't want to blow my password on another city if I'll need that password for my hometown in the fall. Of course, all of this is pure speculation until Monday :wink:

10am, what about the people that are in work and cannot get a day off? i dont get home from work until 6pm, which could mean all tickets for manchester shows are sold out

First, local time is local to the venue, whether that be Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific in the US (basically, 10 a.m. for everyone). Second (and this is the truly sucky part) I spoke to someone at FanFire because the e-mail confused me and was told that we can only buy tickets to one show. Bogus!!!!

BigMacPhisto said:

You should be able to buy tickets for any show on the first leg or the European leg.....and you can buy two tickets for any show, so you could get two for every Boston show, probably.

But Boston might not be on this leg though......who knows?

she can only buy 2 tickets for one show during the presale. So during the presale she wouldn't be able to buy for every boston show.

BigMacPhisto said:
Oh, and Ramblin Rose, another part of the FAQ said that the first leg of the US Tour and the European leg will all be on sale on Tuesday.

From what I can read these are the two pertinent questions:

Q. When will the Internet presale begin?
A. The U2.Com Internet pre-sale will begin at 10 am GMT in Europe and 10am local time in North America on Tuesday 25th January.

Q. Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A. No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each show by following the links in the email containing your unique access code.

I think it's pretty clear (at least I'm pretty sure but not positive) that not all of the presale will be held on Tuesday. Note the first question and answer specifically says "begin".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom