MERGED-->Official word from ACC re: GA is this + GA lineup at ACC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

govikesU2

The Fly
Line outside the ACC

Just checking if anyone knows what the line is like. Did anyone camp out, and how many are in line now? Is there any kind of fan numbering system? And when did people first start linning up?

I haven't been there (in Montreal right now) but someone on Zootopia said they stopped by this morning and at 9:30am there was about 100 people, which would be pretty normal. Also they said the ACC staff were still waiting to hear an official word from the U2 camp regarding the GA procedure, but that there would probably be a lottery for the ellipse.

Official word from ACC re: GA is this....

And it really doesn't answer many questions. I emailed them and this was their response as of 10AM this morning:

While some of the specifics of the GA policy are still to be finalized by the tour management, and is thus subject to change, the general admission line for all 4 U2 shows will form on the sidewalk on Bay St (east side of the building) starting at Gate 2 on the morning of the show. The line for general admission will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. No placeholder wristbands will be issued to allow ticketholders to leave for the day and return prior to the show, and ticketholders will not be able to hold places in line for ticketholders arriving later. Wristbands will be given out once the ticketholder enters the building - these wristbands are merely identifiers to clearly show which fans are permitted in the GA area. Unfortunately, information regarding how access to the inner circle of the stage will be conducted, has yet to be communicated to us by the tour management.

I know this doesn't really answer many questions, but it's right from the ACC's mouth vs. heresay on other boards.

KEUF,

seriously dude, your negativity has reached new heights. I know I don't just speak for myself when I say "Knock it off."

You didn't even give people a chance to bitch. :wink:

first glimpse of GA lineup at ACC

Just passed by the ACC at noon and saw about 300 fans lined up already. Its not as bad as I thought because the first couple hundred people are sheltered from the sun from the building canopy. If you are willing to line up and have a chair handy then all the more power to you.

In my opinion, if you have to wait under sweltering heat its not worth it for fear of a heat stroke or something like that (its pretty hot this week in T.O.)

oh, even if they do let you go on a bathroom break or get lunch. It won't be easy because there is a fence going around so you have to go all the way to the end to get out or hop over the fence.

If some fans see you returning and hop over the fence they might give you a confrontation.

what time did you pass the line up. i am going on wednesday and want to join the line at about 1:30 maybe i will have to go earlier
maybe spend the whole day there.
2 days off from work the boss wont be happy

I went by around 12:30 pm.

The only advice I can give is to bring a lawn chair (a lot of people there had lawn/folding chairs). Also, bring a couple bottles of frozen water to keep you cool throughout the day. We don't want you passed out there with all those people around you.

I passed by there at 2:15. There was about 250 people I would say.

Seems like there were two lines. People were pretty spaced out sitting on sharis or on the floor

Actually, it doesn't say there's NOT going to be a lottery, just that it hasn't been communicated to the arena how entry is going to take place yet.

There were people lined up at 4:30pm yesterday afternoon!

Omg, I'm so happy I didn't line up - it's 36 degrees out there and stinky and smoggy in Toronto...yuck!

A simple game of rock, paper, scissors with a tour management guy should decide who gets to go into the ellipse or not. Just one time, straight up.

Or for more adventurous people, thumb wars but with no sneak attacks allowed. Sneak attacks result in you spending the show with your head stuffed in a toilet. :wink:

ok on returning home at 5:45 i passed the ACC and i saw 2 barricades and 2 sets of lines. will wait tommorow for more details

Back
Top Bottom