MERGED-->Milan setlist party 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2@NYC said:

It was posted on the other thread... but, since you asked.

snoop%20dogg.jpg

Snoop*is*hot :drool:

U2Man said:

It's heavy, heavy stuff.........people suffer from 2xVertigo when they've read 10 lines :lmao:

I find I have to read some parts aloud just to make sure I get it all in order.

One thing I will say is that the man was a genius! I truly wish I could read it in Danish because I feel that would probably help understand it, even though this English translation is said to be absolutely superb.

U2Man said:
Why are U2 making DVD's for people like Snoop who doesn't know how to press repeat on his DVD-player when he wants to see Vertigo twice? :tsk:

U2 SUX!

They should do like R. Kelly... a 5-part Vertigo so they can play it 5 times during the show.

fredstab said:
In Fact, When I was VERY VERY VERY Young! (Don't Laugh at me), I saw Samantha Fox Live and She Did ''Touch Me'' TWICE.

I didn't matter at all...But I was around 12 years old, full of hormones and it was Samantha Fox. NOT U2,The Doors, Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Mettalica and Pearl Jam. It was just this stupid B**ch

Don;t you dare call my good friend Samantha a bich fredstab:eyebrow:

fredstab said:

In Fact, I talked to some fans...Vertigo Twice is better than nothing at all...When VertigoX2 started i was not happy, but i sung the lyrics and Dance (it's a U2 concert). So, many people feel the same way as me, they will dance and clap and etc...But, they are dissapointed with Vertigo Twice when U2 has 100-200-300 songs in their catalog.

I can understand some not being happy about it, I do appreciate that they have soo many other songs they could play...but all the shows I've seen on this tour...Vertigo 2 has got the place totally jumping...it just seems the number that enjoy it out-number the ppl that don't.

Obv, everyone has a right to their opinion (as is obvious by the continual arguments about it lol :)) but its tough to really argue with band's decision to play the song twice when it seems to go down so well with the vast majority.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this old discussion so I'll leave it at that :)

kellyahern said:

Seattle 2 :drool: :drool: . . . um sorry, had a Pleba and a Vertigo2 moment there :shifty:.

:lmao: was that awesome or what. I :heart: Vertigo 2 in part because of that show!

As usual I've been checking out the setlists as they go, but not saying anything to bring attention to myself up to now.

Just thought I'd say that Vertigo does have a certain energy that none of the other songs have. There are other rockers in the back catalogue, but none that were that big of a hit, that will get the crowd going the same way. That said I'd prefer another song also, but they reached an issue with the set. They can't open with COBL in the light of day. They want to open with a new song, not an old one. All Because of You (although I love the song)doesn't have the same energy as Vertigo. And Love and Peace or Else with better going into SBS/Bullet, and if they start the show with those 3 then it makes the front of the show really top heavy. And the big lights on Vertigo on the end wouldn't work in the light either.

I just think they hit a brick wall, because of all the differant reasons for and against Vertigo Opening/Closing. So they decided to do the referance to Tick Tock/Follow/Control/Without Me. Keep in mind in the early days you may have heard any of those songs twice.

In essence, I think it's OK. Just not great.

U2@NYC said:

U2 SUX!

They should do like R. Kelly... a 5-part Vertigo so they can play it 5 times during the show.

I was thinking about this to be honest...I would like to see a 5part video ala R Kelly of a new song U2 has written on the road..

I wanna see Edge say the word bitch 4252 times:wink:

zwervers2 said:

Don;t you dare call my good friend Samantha a bich fredstab:eyebrow:

I was also a big fan of Debbie Gibson (I think she was my first Love!....She has more class than Samantha FOX!!! LOL!!)

Back to topic now!

UKTan said:

I can understand some not being happy about it, I do appreciate that they have soo many other songs they could play...but all the shows I've seen on this tour...Vertigo 2 has got the place totally jumping...it just seems the number that enjoy it out-number the ppl that don't.

Obv, everyone has a right to their opinion (as is obvious by the continual arguments about it lol :)) but its tough to really argue with band's decision to play the song twice when it seems to go down so well with the vast majority.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this old discussion so I'll leave it at that :)

thats it, fight the good fight. i cant be arsed this time, weve been through this argument so many times i know it all off by heart.

id much rather play with my Vertigoo :wink:

<early tour goer - didn't get Vertigo 2, or certain light screen graphics, Bono hat, sniffle sniffle. In the famous words of Donkey... I think I need a hug :(

Axver said:
I propose a very large and noticeable travelling banner so that U2 get the hint.

I thought last nights banner (Italian lesson: Encora: :heart: 40: ) was pretty obvious.
Perhaps Bono has been confusing his sunglasses for normal glasses.

Princey said:

Vertigoo? that sounds fun - it should be on the merchandise stand at shows :wink:

imagine the possibilities...hours of fun with Vertigoo!

I want some Vertigoo now!

It could also be the perfect way to bring young children into the U2 fandom fold!

Axver said:

I find I have to read some parts aloud just to make sure I get it all in order.

One thing I will say is that the man was a genius! I truly wish I could read it in Danish because I feel that would probably help understand it, even though this English translation is said to be absolutely superb.

I've heard so too....there's quite a few "popular" books, quite well written, where his points and thoughts are tried to made clear for "ordinary"people. They are actually quite good to start out with.....

Could anyone be so kind as to fill me in on what the "20 streichern" on OOTS are all about - violins????

I just got here after being without internet for a whopping 29 hours :crazy:

Lila64 said:
<early tour goer - didn't get Vertigo 2, or certain light screen graphics, Bono hat, sniffle sniffle. In the famous words of Donkey... I think I need a hug :(
:hug: poor Lila!

ruffian said:

:lmao: was that awesome or what. I :heart: Vertigo 2 in part because of that show!

I will just add...Seattle 2? Vertigo 2?....:dancing: :rockon: :hyper:

that sooooooo rocked! :D

Pavarotti was on stage with U2 tonight according to u2tour.de

EDIT: After I have translated what it said, ohne means without, whereas mit means with. My German isn't that great. When it said Ohne Special Guest!!!!!, I got excited and thought it meant with....the explination points where there. :huh: My bad.

Last edited:
All right everyone... time to pack my suitcases and go to Rome on Saturday... :drool: (in my dreams).

In any event, see you at the next setlist party.

So long. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom