MERGED--> Merchandise Question + U2 hoodie + crap t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude, the shirts rang anywhere from 30$ on the cheap end to 90$ on the high end. I would just say wait for ebay. That's what I'm going to do cause I really want that black hoodie!!!

Have they been adding new shirts at any of the shows, or is it the exact same selection at every concert?

You are reading a post from a sucker that purchased a Vintage UF Tour shirt with the dates (1985 4th leg) on the back for $90. I couldn't say "NO" to that. :drool: Ended up spending $300 over 2 nights. :ohmy:

And yes, the average t-shirt price was $35.

They had some crazy old vintage t-shirts for $80-90, but unfortunately those are beyond most of us.

There were some $30 shirts too.

The sweatshirt was $65 (I think), and I thought the tour program was $20, not $16. (I might be wrong, though, as it all just got added up together.)

I would highly recommend one of the $10 posters, though.

Roland of Gilead said:
You are reading a post from a sucker that purchased a Vintage UF Tour shirt with the dates (1985 4th leg) on the back for $90. I couldn't say "NO" to that. :drool: Ended up spending $300 over 2 nights. :ohmy:
I resisted during the 4 Chicago shows, but if they don't add any new "cheap" t-shirts for the Fall leg, I have a bad feeling that I'm going to give in to the Dark Side.

Yeah the posters rock because (well they are the cheapest items you can get outside of the buttons) they are "city specific", so that is very awesome for a framing job, as I will do =)

Roland of Gilead said:

Do the vintage shirts run small?

editorinchief said:

Do the vintage shirts run small?

Yes, they were quite scarce when they were available during the Vancouver shows. My UF shirt is numbered in the seven hundred (out of what? I don't know). Vancouver night one saw most vintage shirts available in most sizes when I shopped at 7:40ish. However, Vancouver night two saw only a few vintage shirts available and of them, they were only available in small and medium. This was by 7:40ish on night two. Customers were begging the sales people to sell them the display shirts (they were size large or extra large) when I was there on night two. The person in charge wasn't selling them at all. Some policy about not selling display shirts. Some customers were quite irrate about this. They even offered more money for them to no avail. It was crazy.

Yeah, but I meant as far as fit. Does an XL fit like an XL or more like a large.

I cant belive people were fighting for $90 shirts

What makes these $90 shirts "vintage"? I've always considered my U2 shirt vintage b/c it was actually printed and sold in 1983.

BEVERLY56 said:
I AM INTERESTED IN KNOWING, HAS ANYONE SEEN A BUMPER STICKER THAT SAYS BONO FOR PRESIDENT 2008?

yes, in san jose. however, when asked about running for president Bono responded, "i wouldn't want to move into a house smaller then i already own." what a humanitarian?

the hoodies are really cool, but the shirts suck arse. i mean seriously, how out of date are shirts with the band members faces. that's what mob bootleggers sell. lol. And the one color shirts (two counting the white underbase) with those weak symbols.... they cost the merch guys about $2.50, tops. U2 should make them use American Apparel or some other sweatshop free shirts, and they should cost $25, tops. the merch guys would still make a killing.

vertigo tour merch question

about the black tour hoodie....

are your hoods really pointed? when you wear it on your head, does it looked like a kkk hoodie? i want to know if mine was sewn wrong, if all are like that.

just try it on, and put the hood on your head and you'll know what i'm talking about (or not)

Re: vertigo tour merch question

marik said:
about the black tour hoodie....

are your hoods really pointed? when you wear it on your head, does it looked like a kkk hoodie? i want to know if mine was sewn wrong, if all are like that.

just try it on, and put the hood on your head and you'll know what i'm talking about (or not)

psst.. isnt this the same question you asked here a month ago? :wink:

this is sorta random, but I was watching the preview for the Mexico City PopMart video that's on the Slane DVD, and my little brother was in the room. He saw Bono in his little white boxer get-up, and gasped and pointed. I was like "what?" and he said "oh my god, Bono's in the KKK!" I sorta laughed although I could see what he was talking about, it was very pointed & white...

are these t-shirts made by edun or no?:eyebrow:

No hoodie here, couldn't afford the $65-70 price tag. The shirts in L.A. ran about $30-35 - I got a babydoll one - the greyish one with the band's shadow. I think it's a medium and fits snugly - if there were time to actually see the size choices, I may have gone with a large (so yes, they run small). I'm normally a small/medium.

As for posters, again, I didn't see any L.A. specific ones here. Mine was more like a banner (48"w x 12"l). I'll have to have it custom framed I think... Programs in L.A. were about $20-$25. Definitely not $16.

And a lot of the merchandising money to be made goes to the band. That's where they make a killing...

And I know many of you want to buy merchandise from the actual show you attended, but don't forget to check out u2.com for merchandise too. Sometimes it looks the same (and may in fact be the same). If they printed merchandise for this leg of the tour and this leg is over in a few days, they will need to unload it somewhere, right? I got my daughter a shirt online because it was much cheaper (and a better choice for kids) on the website, and I got it (and my mousepad) in less than a week! I thought they were having a 25% sale recently as well - don't know if that's still going on. Just a way to try and save a few bucks for those that need to. I was kinda disappointed to see my white 'Boy' shirt up online for sale. I've had mine for 20+ years, and then I turn around and it's there :madspit: ! At least I know mine is original and from the old days. I only break it out for U2 shows - got to keep it in as good condition as I can (always get comments on it at shows too :wink: )

Lila64 said:
And I know many of you want to buy merchandise from the actual show you attended, but don't forget to check out u2.com for merchandise too. Sometimes it looks the same (and may in fact be the same). If they printed merchandise for this leg of the tour and this leg is over in a few days, they will need to unload it somewhere, right?
Taking your advice, I went to the U2 shop, and checked out their clothing selection. The very first item listed was "Black How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Album Cover T-shirt". I clicked on "view larger image", just to take a better peek, and I got quite a surprise.

The "larger image" wasn't a pic of the HTDAAB album t-shirt, it was a tour t-shirt, with tour dates on the back.

Click on the pic. Anyone who's been to a show this year and looked at the merch will surely recognize it. (It was one of the t-shirts I bought.)

If you're right, Lila, then we may see a lot more tour merch showing up in the near future (if they're already getting the pictures ready, it probably won't be long).

For now, though, I would advise against anyone trying to order this shirt. I'm sure they'll ship you the one shown in the smaller image instead. (Not that that's a bad shirt.)

cleazer said:
I clicked on "view larger image", just to take a better peek, and I got quite a surprise.
This is the pic they showed:

U2T35629.jpg

So with any luck, they'll be selling this shirt soon, along with all the other tour merchandise.

cleazer said:
So with any luck, they'll be selling this shirt soon, along with all the other tour merchandise.

They sold it in Philly last weekend. I think it was $35.

I bought a different black shirt with dates on the back. It's very thin but well made. I bought it a size up from what I usually wear, and it's huge on me. It's in my hamper right now, so I'm not sure how it washes or dries.

I'm not usually much for tour merchandise, but I spent $65 the other night, and I see myself getting a few more shirts before the end of the tour. I still can't quite justify $65 on a hoodie, but maybe in a few more shows I'll be able to...

can someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me about their hoodie? is it overly pointed or not? i've been waiting for a month now to this question. i need to know if mine is a defect or not cuz i might end up buying another one if it is.

OK, I don't care about the point, but, does your head fit through OK? I've tried on some crappy hoodies before and when I finally got a size small enough (I'm not that small, but hoodies are so often made like only football players would wear them) my head didn't fit through. So, I really am still in the market for ANY hoodie that fits. You can get them from Steve & BArry's for less than $8, but you have to rip the top in order to get your head through and usually a trash bag has a better fit for a girl/woman.

well its a zip up, so if you cant fit your head through you can just unzip it a little

and ive had no head space problems

And as someone that has stood behind Chizip's big fat head at a show, I am duly impressed that a hoodie can fit his noggin....

:kiss:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
What makes these $90 shirts "vintage"? I've always considered my U2 shirt vintage b/c it was actually printed and sold in 1983.

In this case, a vintage is taking an old t-shirt design and plastering it on a well made baseball shirt with extra stitching in different color stiches.

Expensive but I think that the Under A Blood Red Sky one that I got is pretty cool. A good old fashion rip-off but cool.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom