MERGED-->L.A. Sports Arena Dress-Rehearsal Show in L.A. March 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carol7lynn

The Fly
News Flash:L.A. Sports Arena Dress-Rehearsal Show in L.A. March 25th

I just received an e-mail from a San Francisco Radio station (KFROG) annoucing a contest to win tickets to a special U2 dress rehearsal concert on March 25th in L.A. at the L.A. Sports Arena.

Any details folks? I'm going to do some web-surfing to see what is going on. Would appreciate any feedback in the meantime.

Got that email too!
Here's what it said....

U2 Private Rehearsal - Listen and Win
We've got a pair of tickets for a U2 dress rehearsal before their tour opens, Saturday, March 26, LA Sports Arena. Trip for 2 includes airfare, hotel, and passes for this special performance only. Wanna go? Just listen to KFOG this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 4 and 7pm. When you hear a U2 tune, just be caller 9 at
1-800-300-KFOG and you win a U2's new CD and qualify for the grand prize, the trip to LA.

Guess I'll be listening to KFOG
:D

ohh damn!! its soo easy to sneek into those arenas too!! Someone needs to take a snap of that stage setup.

Thanks Alli as I inadvertently dumped the original e-mail. I can't get the station here in L.A. so good luck to you!

L.A. fans stay tuned to KLOS. I'm researching this issue like crazy. If worse comes to worse like Disco says I might just show up.

There is a God!

Tickets will Go on Sale for the Los Angeles Dress Rehearsal

If the rumors are true about a dress rehearsal on Saturday, March 26th...tickets are going to have to go on sale. The Los Angeles Sports Arena sits over 15,000 people. There is no way to get radio stations to distribute that many tickets.

So the question is....when do these tickets hit the marketplace?

How about another round of seats for Propaganda/U2.com members? :wink: :yes:

It'll be just turn up, and if you get in you get in....
I dont think they'd be selling tickets....then again, they did for the ones in 1992 right?

Well maybe it will just be people on the floor or something like Irving Plaza how did they sell tickets for that?

I think this is entirely speculation ... if they sold tickets for the entire arena it would no longer be a dress rehearsal ... the Hershey thing in 1992 was very different because they had been practicing for a month in the town and finally allowed the people listening outside to come in and see the band for local charities. Anyway they called the Hershey show a rehearsal but it was much more like a concert. The opening night of Vertigo is in San Diego, not LA. Im guessing this rehearsal will be similar to the elevation rehearsals they did in the smaller arena (like on 3/22/01).

Someone on Zootopia said that a radio station in Boston will announce more information about the Dress Rehearsal tomorrow -and that the DR is for 1000 fans. So maybe it's only a radio station giveaway???

Tour dress rehearsal on the 26th!!!

From atu2.com:

NEW @U2 WEAR YOUR SATURDAY BEST
March 15, 2005
posted by: m2
U2 is planning a Vertigo Tour dress rehearsal concert Saturday night, March 26th, and at least two U.S. radio stations (probably more, but two we're aware of) are giving away a pair of tickets to be there, along with airfare and accommodations. According to San Francisco's KFOG-FM, the show will take place at the L.A. Sports Arena. KFOG's web site indicates that contests are only open to residents of the 9-county Bay Area. Seattle's KMTT-FM is currently running a similar contest which is open to Washington state residents.

For sure if they let people inside a dress rehearsal it's not going to be the whole arena. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a very small number of people, all contest winners of something like that.

That would be SO awesome for the people there, just a small private show... Hopefully some Interferencers can win!

Thats why I come in and get in to the rehearsal to screw those Industry people. Now you have 2 scenario's. LA and San Diego plus the GA line factors in San Diego oh boy.

From U2log.com

Boston fans: win trip to see U2 dress rehearsal

* caroline // 16-03-05 // 10:10 AM // full post

If you’re in Boston on St. Patrick’s Day, check out WBMX’s Erin O’Malley who will be broadcasting live from 9am-2pm from Ned Devine’s in Faneuil Hall and register to win ‘One Time You Can See Them On Your Own’, a trip to L.A. to see a pre-tour full dress rehearsal. Well, it’s ‘on your own plus 199 other fans, and the band’s entourage and crew and anybody else who happens to be inside the L.A. Sports Arena…’. But still, pretty exclusive.

You can find Ned Devine’s Irish Pub at Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market Building, Boston.

Similar contests at: WHJY (Providence), TIC-FM (Hartford), KFOG-FM (S.F.), KMTT-FM (Seattle).

and keep in mind that the hershey park rehearsels's weren't for the FIRST SHOW OF THE TOUR.

very few "fans" will see this. i'll believe the 1,000 number, but that still seems high.

james

I say make it fanclub only and do a lottery - 1 ticket each for the lucky winners - photo id required - no touts - no hassle - totally fair

They only practiced for about a week in Hershey. I grew up there and remember it well. I was 13 and had just really gotten into U2 the spring before. Fans gathered outside the stadium every day to listen, and then at the end of the week, they sold tickets for the entire stadium (probably about 25,000 at the time), which sold out immediately. This was the beginning of the Outside Broadcast leg of Zoo TV, not the whole tour, but it was still an amazing opportunity for fans in my area. Unfortunately my mom said I was too young to go!

I wish U2 were taking over a small west coast town the way they did Hershey. I just feel like there's be more excitement and more spirit around it.

Just make nice with local area Propaganda members and all is forgiven, Larry...

Now just let us in the door, damnit!!:ohmy:

This is a problem since a few people will start camping out Saturday in San Diego. So the rehearsal and the GA Line for San Diego will clash together for the brave 10 people I think that will do GA early in San Diego if they decide to skip the rehearsal in LA.

Back
Top Bottom