MERGED-->Kings of Leon Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
So Kings of Leon are opening for U2

From their website:

1-21-05 - BREAKING NEWS
U2'S VERTIGO TOUR BEGINS MARCH 28TH IN SAN DIEGO

U2's world tour will kick off on March 28th at the San Diego Sports Arena. The full itinerary is slated to be unveiled on Monday. A spokesperson for the band confirmed to MTV News that the U.S. leg of the Vertigo Tour will run for two months and conclude with a May date in Boston. Kings of Leon will open. Tickets go on sale on January 29th.

After the first string of American shows, the band will head to Europe for 30 stadium dates, which begin on June 10th in Belgium and wrap in mid-August. Then, the group will come back to the U.S. for 30 arena dates in the fall.

Similar to U2's Elevation Tour in 2001, the Vertigo dates will feature approximately 17-hundred general-admission seats on arena floors, giving fans a chance to see the group close-up.

I hope this wasn't already posted.

Re: So Kings of Leon are opening for U2

david said:
I hope this wasn't already posted.

Only like seven times already throughout the site. But that's alright, I get more excited everytime I read about it!:wink:

Who the hell are they, I've never even Heard of them?

(Apologies for the ignorance, but then again, I'd never heard of kelis before she supported U2)

Bizarrely just a few minutes after posting that message, I turned on the telly and there was an advert for them.

Kings of Leon???

Who is this band, and why are they opening for U2?

Can someone give me a quick outline of popular songs that they do? What are their successful albums, songs, etc.?

What happened to other possible opening acts?

Oasis?
Scissor Sisters? (thank God they're not opening)
Switchfoot?

Don't know how popular they are- but i really like them (much more than other rumored openers). remind me a little of my morning jacket. if you want are going to buy an album i recommend "aha shake heartbreak". I don't know what songs, if any, are played on the radio (don't ever listen to it)- but my favorites are:
king of the rodeo
tranny
califronia waiting.

hope that helps.

jphelmet said:
Don't know how popular they are- but i really like them (much more than other rumored openers). remind me a little of my morning jacket. if you want are going to buy an album i recommend "aha shake heartbreak". I don't know what songs, if any, are played on the radio (don't ever listen to it)- but my favorites are:
king of the rodeo
tranny
califronia waiting.

hope that helps.

Thanks a lot! It helps. Maybe I'll pick up that Lion King CD.

wouldn't the Killers be the best band to open? i mean, they're pretty damn big, same record company, on tour. . . and they're the best new band in a while. why not them?

Back
Top Bottom