MERGED-->Kids at shows question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
Kids at shows question

My husband and I have GA tickets and were going to take our 6 year old daughter to a concert. Now my hubby can't go and I don't know what to do! I certainly can't hold her for the entire show, are there any safe areas on the floor or in the elipse? I told her she may not get to go and she started balling, what would you do? Have you seen any kids at the shows? Anyone have any experiences taking their kids?

Re: Kids at shows question

faithingrace said:
My husband and I have GA tickets and were going to take our 6 year old daughter to a concert. Now my hubby can't go and I don't know what to do! I certainly can't hold her for the entire show, are there any safe areas on the floor or in the elipse? I told her she may not get to go and she started balling, what would you do? Have you seen any kids at the shows? Anyone have any experiences taking their kids?

Kids are better off in the ellipse than out. More room, etc. They might even get pulled up, like my 9 yr old did. Seats are much better if you dont get in. My kids have been to a number of shows (u2 and others) so they get it.

If you dont get in head towards sound board. It is raised and they often will give you a boost there.

you can also ask to be put int he ellipse or maybe tey will let you go into the vip area...its kind of like a cage for celebs, rich people, music people, and kids haha....and i guess it depends on the city you are in. try to call and make plans in advance :)

When I went to Philly I saw a woman with her daughter there, they were in the upper rows and the little girl looked to be around two or three years old, very happy expression on her face!

Usually they let people with kids into the ellipse, and if you are in there you will be fine. If you don't get in there is usually plenty or room towards the back of the floor near the soundboard. So that's what I would do if I were you, try to get into the ellipse, if that fails, stand at the back of the floor.

just read my original post, my daughter was not balling but bawling, I blame it on my lack of sleep and 102 fever last night. Being sick on weekends just sucks! Thanks everyone

Trust me, I've tried everywhere... Yes, I know there are tickets on ebay, but the pricing is out of this world at this point. I could probably fly to Oakland and see them for less :laugh:

When I was at the Philly concert on 10/16, I was there early and did not have GA tickets so I hung out by the GA entrance just to check out the process and see people's reactions. (Very entertaining, by the way!) Anyway, I watched the event staff pull aside every person with younger kids and direct them to get wristbands for the ellipse, even if their tickets didn't scan them in initially. Hope that happens for you and your daughter. Good luck and have fun!

dawnboo said:
Anyway, I watched the event staff pull aside every person with younger kids and direct them to get wristbands for the ellipse, even if their tickets didn't scan them in initially.

I really don't see how that can be fair to those of us who aren't toting young kids around.

dawnboo said:
When I was at the Philly concert on 10/16, I was there early and did not have GA tickets so I hung out by the GA entrance just to check out the process and see people's reactions. (Very entertaining, by the way!) Anyway, I watched the event staff pull aside every person with younger kids and direct them to get wristbands for the ellipse, even if their tickets didn't scan them in initially. Hope that happens for you and your daughter. Good luck and have fun!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

It's true, kids (and their parents/guardians) get an automatic pass into the ellipse, saw this myself at MSG and I believe Matt at @U2 posted this as well (and benefited by it). Only saw young kids though, so I don't know what the age cutoff is (apparent age, they don't ask for ID or anything :wink: ). Too bad my nephews are in London now, I'd invite one of them to go to see a show with Aunt Pop Artist... ;)

Last edited:
If you get in the ellipse (which you might automatically w/ a small kid), go to the back of the ellipse and the security people will probably let her stand on one of those little steps on the outside of the railing. Then she can see better, you won't have to hold her the entire time, and she can't get crushed or stepped on.

i agree with the above post. the back of the ellipse has WAY more room, the view is amazing, and the security people are usually great when it comes to flexibility for kids.

enjoy the show!

My parents started taking me to shows when I was very young. I saw the Rolling Stones in 1982 with my brother, when I was 14. This 11-18 I'll take my 15 year old stepson to his first U2 show. So far, he's done A Perfect Circle and Coldplay. This should be fun.
My 12 year old daughter, however, is not interested in "Dad's music," even though she went to the Rock and Roll Girls' Camp this summer in Murfreesboro, TN, where she played drums in a band that covered a Weezer song.
Props to the mom who started this thread.
Anu

Anu said:
My parents started taking me to shows when I was very young. I saw the Rolling Stones in 1982 with my brother, when I was 14. This 11-18 I'll take my 15 year old stepson to his first U2 show. So far, he's done A Perfect Circle and Coldplay. This should be fun.
My 12 year old daughter, however, is not interested in "Dad's music," even though she went to the Rock and Roll Girls' Camp this summer in Murfreesboro, TN, where she played drums in a band that covered a Weezer song.
Props to the mom who started this thread.
Anu

Thanks, most people just think I am weird and insane! But I want my daughter to have fun memories of me and her childhood. Also, I like to share my likes with her. She was about 1yr. old when ATYCLB came out and she has seen the videos and listened to the music for most of her life.

man.. THATS WHYYY YOU HAVE KIDS!!!

what if you ARE A KID???

like im 18.. but i look like 10

!!
!!!!
next tour, already went this year :)

ill be like: "hi give me the ellipse you fool, IM A KID"

Anu said:
This 11-18 I'll take my 15 year old stepson to his first U2 show. So far, he's done A Perfect Circle and Coldplay.
Anu

APC and Coldplay?

You've got a mini-inmyplace13 on your hands :wink:

I'm taking my 13 year old nephew to the Tampa show for his first ever concert. I am not too worried about him getting hurt or anything but it will be nice if we get into the Bomb Shelter because of his age. I would feel better in there with him. I am making him do the whole GA experience by making him campout all day. I had to convince my sis and her husband that it would be well worth skipping school for.

u2gator

^ :lmao:

Do the rest of the parents (and/or Aunts/Uncles) imagine what it's like to be in the ellipse with the possibility of Bono pulling your kid up or at least acknowledging him/her? I'm so excited :hyper: I hope it happens for us. Trying not to expect anything, as I'm sure we won't be the only Mother/Child at the show. :hyper:

Lila64 said:
^ :lmao:

Do the rest of the parents (and/or Aunts/Uncles) imagine what it's like to be in the ellipse with the possibility of Bono pulling your kid up or at least acknowledging him/her? I'm so excited :hyper: I hope it happens for us. Trying not to expect anything, as I'm sure we won't be the only Mother/Child at the show. :hyper:

I am really trying not to live vicariously through my child, but if she were to get us noticed I wouldn't complain. Just being there with her is going to be a blast. I might be bringing my mom too so there will be 3 generations at the show, kind of cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom