MERGED-->Kids at shows question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taking 11 year old to Atlanta

Taking my son to Atlanta 11\18 show(CAN'T WAIT).
But I have GA tickets and I 'm worried he wont be able to see.
Is it better in the "bomb shelter" and is there any truth to the rumor I saw at Zootopia that all kids on the floor were getting in?
I just want to maximize this experience because I know he will remember it forever.

Re: Taking 11 year old to Atlanta

marinoberg said:
Is it better in the "bomb shelter" and is there any truth to the rumor I saw at Zootopia that all kids on the floor were getting in?
I just want to maximize this experience because I know he will remember it forever.

I've seen kids get in automatically, I've also seen kids not get in, and I've seen people at the back of the floor looking to give wristbands specifically to kids who didn't get in.

Re: Taking 11 year old to Atlanta

marinoberg said:

We got in automatically for both Oakland shows with a 9 yr old and an 11 yr old. There's more discussion further back in this thread.

Miringeltje said:
I was in section 101 row 1 yesterday and there was only one row (A5) in front of me and the floor.

When Damian Marley had ended, the lights came on and I could overlook the entire floor.

Right in front of me was a family (father, mother and two daughters. I'd say somewhere between 12 - 14 year olds) and they obviously didn't get scanned in to ellipse nor where they given wristbands to enter.

One of the girls had both her arms amupated.
And they tried to talk to the Arena security (wearing blue), who were standing right in front of me, at the place where they check your wristband and where you walk next to the catwalk to get entry to the ellipse.
This guy just shook his head.

After a while a blond guy dressed in black, obviously part of the U2 entourage, came and gave them wristbands so they could enter the ellipse.

Everyone on the row in front of me had watched these events on fold (just like me) and they broke out in :applaud:

It made me tear up!

This is the "no more" girl. check out:

http://www.wandertheplanet.net/U2/Oakland1351.wmv

Back
Top Bottom