MERGED-->I GOT MY PRESALE TICKETS BRAGGING THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: umm

gabrielvox said:
whats with people saying they got 2 GAs to (insert city) and 2 GAs to (insert city)

Are you guys all old Prop members who didnt get tix the first leg?

yes--or I am, at least.

Westport said:
What's Principle's fax #?

Good question. I might go and search for the old thread. I didn't send any complaints the last time since I did get the ticket I was looking for, but I really feel the need to send a fax now of thanks.

If I find the thread I'll post the # here.

Edited to say:

Here's the fax # for Principal Mgmt. (212) 765-2372

Last edited:
I've been testing all day as well and have had available GA tickets at every venue I tried. I won't be doing the real deal till next Tuesday for Salt Lake. Hope it stays effortless.

Congrats to all the fans who were able to snag their ideal tickets! :D

i got 2 ga for msg10-8 ....AWSOME
once again i woyuld like to thank Larry for taking care of the old die hard U2 fans...
I couldnt believe how easy it was to buy the tix.
It seems 10-8 is the show for the fall tour

My God, is there any ex-propaganda member that got anything BUT GA's. I sure hope there's some left, so I at least have a CHANCE of getting them on Saturday. I'd say tomorrow, but I used my code to score some stunning 300 section seats on the previous presale.

Honestly, I'm glad to hear all of you got what you wanted, but what about the members who weren't subscribed to Propaganda, why aren't we being taken care of?

Got two to Houston on 10/28 and two to Dallas on 10/29. Gonna be a blast to see them two night in a row. :D

brejc said:
My God, is there any ex-propaganda member that got anything BUT GA's. I sure hope there's some left, so I at least have a CHANCE of getting them on Saturday. I'd say tomorrow, but I used my code to score some stunning 300 section seats on the previous presale.

Honestly, I'm glad to hear all of you got what you wanted, but what about the members who weren't subscribed to Propaganda, why aren't we being taken care of?

Calm down.

There will be plenty of GA's in the general sale. You'll just be competing with a larger amount of people is all. I don't see how or why U2.com would be able to nessacarily help people that chose to use thier code for seats they didn't want....it would be rather difficult to take care of that situation wouldn't it?

Last edited:
It took me about two minutes to secure two GA tickets to Boston on October 3, And that INCLUDED five aborted attempts when I had GA seats staring me in the face and got error messages after I was asked to enter those funny words ('Aardvark' was one word...j/k). Anyway, try #6 worked and I was all set. Kudos to U2 for getting the recipe right. A huge 'thank you' is owed the band and management for (A) recognizing a bad situation and (B) doing something about it.

Thank you, U2. THIS is part of the reason you are beloved. You're just plain good people...top to bottom.

Chris in NH

starsgoblue said:
I was nervous because I am going to be at work until 2 in the afternoon next Tuesday....just tested and pulled up GA's everywhere at 3:30! :dancing:

Hey Stars,

Forgive me if this has been covered, but are you putting in your code, seeing what tickets you could possibly get and then not completing the transaction? I was thinking of doing that myself, but with all the crap that's happened, I was afraid that I might lose my code. Would you please let me know if that's what you're doing?

CHEERS!

starsgoblue said:
You won't lose your code...unless you complete the transaction. It's ok to do...for example if you get offered seats you don't want, you can still return to the search. It's kosher. :up:

Can you see if there are still some GA's for Portland...? :shifty: :wink: The suspense is killing me! Why must I wait until tomorrow! Aaaaigh.

*ahem* LOL.

DREAMS DO COME TRUE....

Everyone on Wire knew my situation: dead broke, my U2 tour Fund that I had built up for a slow year destroyed over last summer by a family illness, so I had no money at all left for shows. (And I mean DEAD..I wasn't expecting to have any money for the 3rd leg until May, and am in the process of paying off my friend for the spring MSG nosebleeds he scored for us in the general sale..I never used my Prop code and I told him not to use his $40 member code either, so now he is going to try for MSG tomorrow.)

I also had never done an Internet ticket transaction before (I always waited in line for other shows and bought U2 through Prop over the yrs)...and had no Net access at work, and no other friends to try the pre-sale for me.

Here's a story to read: First week of Feb, I was dying to go to Boston, and was trolling the Forum of another site looking for spares. Someone wanted to trade or sell Boston Loge for GA, and I told him my tale of woe...he offered to hold on to them for me. 3 weeks go by without speaking with him, and last week, I still hadn't heard from him. He had the GA's spoken for. He was just a name in my Hotmail Address File. I emailed him Saturday and asked him if he could help me with tix in any way. He offered to buy me a pair of Boston tix for myself alone, thinking, like me, that we'd have a strict ticket limit. He would "buy" my code. What a nice guy. Esp as he had already used his $40 member code and couldn't do any more presales. We exchanged phone numbers, etc, and got to know each other over SUnday. I had my suspeicions he might be a scalper, he seemed to have a fat wallet, but 2 phone calls and he was OK. Let's just say I knew he wasn't a scalper or broker. I drive his secretary nuts with phone calls all day Monday, but he didn't mind:).

Last night I got the U2.com email at 10 and I fired off all the info to him and we chatted until 1 AM. He flipped when he found out about the 4-ticket limit I had, and asked if he could have 2 of the tix. Which was fine, , b/c I had no other fans to go with GA anyway. My other NYC friend doesn't want GA and is going to do the Wednesday sale, and this guy promised to look out for him in case he didn't find anything. I made this guy get on the phone with both TM and FanFire last night just to verify the ticket limit.

So this morning comes around, and like everyone else, things are, as one person said, "as smooth as the top of a newborn baby's head" :wink: . I call him from work for an update. He was incredibly calm. 2 GA for 2nd night Boston and 2 GA for Ist night MSG. He does not mind going to both with me. The best part about all this is, he has never been to a show at MSG, not U2 or anybody else. He was SO JAZZED to get to MSG and was prepared to resort to eBay if necessary. I'm so glad to have done him a favor, in return for what he did for me. And he is being so kind about the money....I can pay him as soon as I have it, he's not setting a date. I made him call TM again this afternoon and everything is kosher, no problems, he should have the tix in hand within 2 weeks.

It is blizzarding here in Albany, N.Y, snowing and wind all day and expected to continue all night. More snow on Thurs. Some March!! I am going to put on my DVD of the Brooklyn Bridge show that someone made for me, and revert to the status of giddy teen.

I AM SO STOKED!!!!!! Larry, I'd love to know what threats you made to the bastards at TM and CC, that they cleaned up their act and didn't siphon away tickets....oh second thought, maybe we'd better not know...:wink:

Last edited:
Teta, this is a wonderful story! How awesome~
:)
Nice to know that there are still some pretty wonderful people out there!

I got up at 7am here in LA-LA Land and bought my parents (who'd been shut our for first leg) 2 GA's for the first DC!!!! When I checked again I was able to pull GA's for MSG, DC, and Philly but I let them go....it was a tough decision, as I want to go back East for those shows in the fall, but in the end I decided to go for the second night LA at 10am and was able to get 2 GA's for that as well!!!!!! My best friend was able to get first night LA so we're trading and going to both!!!! YAY!!!! :rockon: :dancing: :applaud: :bow:

Is was so easy that panic has set in and I'm now convinced something bad might happen to my tix...lol!!!!

anyway congrats to all the old school Prop peeps and good luck to all the U2.com kids tomorrow!

And to Larry....a great big :kiss:.... whether you like it or not!!!! Thanks Soooooooooooooooooo MUCH!!!!!!!

:dance: :heart: :larry: :love:
Melissa

Last edited:
By phone

zooradio said:
Hey BeLIEve,
How did you change your shipping instructions? By phone or e-mail? I need to do the same thing as I am moving in a few days, but my tix will be sent to my billing address. I am uneasy about trusting the Post Office to forward them.

Thanks!

I ended up calling the GA ticketmaster number. After talking to the woman for a few minutes, she assured me that "standard" shipping, which is free but only gaurantees tickets 48 hours before the event, would surely arrive more than 7 days before the event that is months away. So, I left it alone, after paying an extra $16 to get my Chicago tickets here in a week or so.

With Propaganda, I have a few memories of some VERY close calls on ticket arrivals, but they always came through. BTW, I couldn't really find a way to change shipping plans online.

GA's everywhere

brejc said:

I already posted my story and reasoning, but I for one tried to get as close to front row as possible but still in a seat - similar to Gold Circle. In Atlanta, anyway, lowest level and most of 2nd level was sold out, but GA floor admission were easy an hour after the presale. I went to about a half-dozen venues and it was the same everywhere...lower level on the sides sold out, except for MSG and Chicago, so I got stageside left front row tickets at Chicago. I really think the scalpers got left holding a lot of excess inventory after presale#1, and the $165 seats are being allotted to ETS and the like, while presale tickets are being held for GA. I expect a MAJORITY of happy campers for the rest of the U2.com members or even general sale participants.

Besides, as I already posted, I'll probably end up contributing to the GA cause in Atlanta unless I get some sort of miracle. Already had one, though, with front row seats at the United Center! That's why they call me beLIEve!

Cheers

Thanks BeLIEve. I actually ended up called the Ticketmaster here in CA and speaking with someone in customer service. They changed the shipping address for me, but made sure to tell me to call my credit card company right away to change my address so that I don't run into some issue with address verification causing my tickets to be voided. I did that immediately, so I am hoping nothing screws up. It was either that or hope the postal service forwarded them to me. I think I chose the better option.

popbellydancer said:

fyi: portland did not go onsale today....that's next week's lot of tix. next tues-thurs....

mel:wink:

Are you sure? People are talking about getting Portland tickets in other threads, and Ticketmaster says it went on sale today, with the U2.com presale happening tomorrow. :|

Back
Top Bottom