MERGED --> How well can you see in GA? + GA question for those more experienced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bri2k

The Fly
GA question for those more experienced

It's been a long time since I last posted, but I wanted to get some opinions about GA before the presale.

For anyone that had GA tix that did not get into the heart and not right up outside the heart, are GA tix worth it? I mean, if you did not get there days before the concert and got their like an hour before the show, with GA could you see anything if you were near the back? The last two shows I went to, I had seats but I stood the entire time, so I figure I might as well try for GA. But I am not planning on waiting in line all day to get into the oval or whatever it is this time, so if I get there and near the back will I be able to see anything?
Additionally, for those that were not in the heart, how crowded was it outside the heart? Were people bumping into each other? By the time as show rolls around here, my wife will be 7 months pregnant, so I am worried about her being bumped around and not being able to see anything.

Thanks for all your help,
Brian

The back of the floor is fine, no pushing and you can see pretty much everything. I'm 5'3" and stood at the mixing desk area for Vegas, on the Elevation tour and it was fine.

How many people do they let in at once for GA? I didnt have GA tickets for the Elevation tour so I would like to know if there is a stampede to the front :)

My wife and I were up against the barricade, outside near the tip of the heart, and we got crushed. Not pushing and shoving, but just everyone looking to get closer, so I would definately not have your wife be anywhere near the front. When my wife was pregnant, she like to sit down and kick up her feet if needed, so I was you, I would get reserved seating so that she can at least have the option to sit comfortably.

Also, at least at the show I went to (Oakland, CA) there wasn't a mad dash of hundreds of fans into GA, because there was one entry point; however, once people did get in, we were all running to stake out our spot.

Game on..........

Re: GA question for those more experienced

Bri2k said:
my wife will be 7 months pregnant, so I am worried about her being bumped around and not being able to see anything.

Either get seats, or be at the back of the GA area. pregnant + standing for 3 hours = unhappy wife

Thanks to all those who have responded. I am thinking at this point that I might have to ask the pregnant wife to stay home and she can attend on the third leg. I personally would like to have GA this time, but I like ChrisEdge said, pregnant + standing for 3 hrs = unhappy wife.

Brian

Does one have to stand in line for a really long time, however, in order to get a good standing place? Like, should I show up a day before in order to end up in the front of the oval or something???

How well can you see in GA?

For all the people who were in the GA section during the Elevation tour:
How well can you see from the floor? And do you have to get to the arena super early to get to the front, near the stage??

Are most of you guys planning to get GA or to get seats??
I got seats thru Propaganda (over $100!!) last time around and the seats were so far away, I was so disappointed, so I want to avoid that again...

Thanks for any info/input you guys have!

It depends what you want. Do you want people squished right up against you the entire show? Do you want some girl singing Streets louder than Bono in you left ear? Do you want to have to fight to get out then back in from the bathroom? Do you want drunk frat boys refusing to give ground in front of you?

I would go to the back of the GA section. You'll be able to see great, move freely, dance w/o bumping into people, piss when you like, buy beers if you like, and MOST IMPORTANT hear the show where all the sound from the speakers crosses!

MrBrau1 said:
It depends what you want. Do you want people squished right up against you the entire show? Do you want some girl singing Streets louder than Bono in you left ear? Do you want to have to fight to get out then back in from the bathroom? Do you want drunk frat boys refusing to give ground in front of you?

I would go to the back of the GA section. You'll be able to see great, move freely, dance w/o bumping into people, piss when you like, buy beers if you like, and MOST IMPORTANT hear the show where all the sound from the speakers crosses!

So true! Oh and how bout the girl sitting on her boyfriends shoulders so you can't see?:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom