MERGED --> Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com? + Demanding our membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone here requested a refund from U2.com?

You can you know. I'm all for venting, but you can get $ back from them.

Should I not get another code and a chance for presale tix, then yes I will be demanding my money back from them. They can then raise their own issues with Ticketbastards to reclaim theor losses.

I will NOT be out of pocket for this mess.

If I dont get a code that enables me to buy tickets before Friday then I am getting my money back - no matter how much complaining I have to do!

Email them and tell them you want to cancel your membership. They'll pro-rate the refund for the membership time used, and send you a check. If you bought tix w/ your code you're fucked, but if not, YOU CAN GET YOUR $ BACK (Well, some of it).

So, everyone on this board has complained, but nobody has done anything about it? Some of you fans are the problem.

If I don't get GA w/ my password for the 3rd leg, I'm getting a refund. The only way to make them take notice is to have an effect on their balance sheet.

I spoke to fanfare today. Everbody is blaming everybody else. They blame ticketmaster, ticketmaster blames u2.com, principle managment blames ticketmaster.

I'm sick of the unaccountability, but hey their quick to take your money for a membership.

What has anybody done to contact fanfare and protest?

Their number is 1 800 615-1324.

We need to band together to fight this, strength and power in numbers. Class action lawsuit.

I've posted this in other forums and some people have already replied back.

MY EMAIL IS MAILJEFF@COMCAST.NET

we need to do something collectively, all you that signed up and were screwed today too.

I just may do that too, as I have neither tickets nor password now.

The United Center seating chart I printed off last night showed the stage on one end; the stage on their chart today is on the other end.

I called Ticketmaster and had to speak with a supervisor, but eventually cancelled my order and will receive a full refund. They did refuse to renew my password, but I don't care if I see them on this tour, either the 1st leg or later American leg. This from a U2 fan since '83.

This same problem apparently occurred at other arenas. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I really don't care at this point as I got my money back.

Pro-rated refund? Bullsh$t! I want every penny that was deceptively taken from me. Not only that, I want half of my old Propaganda membership fee refunded since they only delivered on half of their promise. They'll be lucky if that's all they have to pay when this debacle is over. Fraud, fraud, fraud.

Knuckle said:
Pro-rated refund? Bullsh$t! I want every penny that was deceptively taken from me. Not only that, I want half of my old Propaganda membership fee refunded since they only delivered on half of their promise. They'll be lucky if that's all they have to pay when this debacle is over. Fraud, fraud, fraud.

Fine. Have you requested a refund? If all the energy that went into this forum today was directed at U2.com the problem is solved. Problem is, nobody here is DOING anything except writing angry posts.

Demanding our membership fees back?

My parents are longtime fans but would never have signed up for u2.con had they known that TM would have ANYTHING to do w/the pre-sale.

I know this is pointless but how does anyone think they could get their $80+ membership refunded???????? And how many of you are gonna try?

Melissa

I've not seen one thread out of frustration from not getting a refund, only not getting tickets. It's 2 different things.

True, but you damn well better believe I want a refund, if I'm basically unable to get any tickets, or even have a legitimate chance at decent tickets, because of the incompetence of those running this presale fiasco.

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

MrBrau1 said:

I've not seen one thread out of frustration from not getting a refund, only not getting tickets. It's 2 different things.

The reason the posts are revolving around not getting tickets, is because THAT'S the reason people are angry right now. I am pissed off about not getting tickets but not yet giving up on it. If I were to cancel my membership at this point, I would no longer be eligible or the presale tix would I?

If I don't get a shot at the presale either on or before Friday (when UK general sales go ahead), I will then and only then, attempt to reclaim my membership fees in full or in part if U2.com are to blame.

However, the blame for todays fiasco must be established with U2.com first, or else they have no reason whatsoever to return any monies paid. As it has been pointed out, Ticketmaster may have had tech problems, but they also claim that U2.com oversold the presale tix.

That's why I am pissed off - I can't speak for anyone else.

I have emailed both u2.com and ticketmaster with nasty emails.

I will wait to see how they respond before doing anything else.

I did, but of course I have not heard anything. I also offered up a solution to the whole thing that would be equitable, but is there a snowball's chance of ever hearing anything. I am still online all the time in the slim hope they release more tickets, that's what they should do, they sold us the memberships, they need to provide the tickets.

MrBrau1 said:
Email them and tell them you want to cancel your membership. They'll pro-rate the refund for the membership time used, and send you a check. If you bought tix w/ your code you're fucked, but if not, YOU CAN GET YOUR $ BACK (Well, some of it).

I think that it would be highly effective if you included, in your refund request, the following lyrics by Spinal Tap:

Stop wasting my time
You know what I want
You know what I need
Or maybe you don't
Do I have to come right
Flat out and tell you everything?

Gimme some money
Gimme sone money

I'm nobody's fool
I'm nobody's clown
I'm treating you cool
I'm putting you down
But baby I don't intend to leave empty handed

Gimme some money
Gimme some money

Don't get me wrong
Try getting me right
Your face is ok but your purse is too tight
I'm looking for pound notes
Loose change
Bad checks, anything

Gimme some money
Gimme some money

:lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

U2.coN No grounds for legal action? Are you kidding. Part of the fraudulent sales pitch to sell the memberships was as a former Propaganda member you would be "at the front of the line" for priority ticketing. Sure seemed like an aweful lot of people were in line at the same time I was. Another aspect of the fraud, is the sale of more memberships then there was ever an intent to have tickets to distribute to. The program in place is called a "lottery", not a presale. How many memberships would have been sold if we knew how many memberships there would be relative to tickets? I faxed a letter to the Management company today and plan on getting a letter to my State Attorney General if there is not some type of resolution presented by U2. This is not only fraudulent, but probably criminal activity. I wonder if my State's Attorney has political ambition and would like to take on a world famous rock band, their management company, and ticketbastard??

Last edited:
Question: if you paid for a membership with a credit card, could you not contact the credit card company and request a credit, saying that you didn't get what you paid for? Just wondering

pas

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FANFARE 1-800-615-1324.

THEY BLAME TICKETMASTER FOR THE PROBLEM.

THEY DID TAKE DOWN MY INFORMATION, I ASKED FOR A REFUND OF MY $4O FOR THE U2.COM MEMBERSHIP

IT SEEMS FANFARE IS THE ONE PLACE YOU CAN CONTACT AS U2.COM HAS ONLY REPLIED TO MY EMAIL WITH A FORM LETTER MAKING SURE I’M NOT INCOMPETANT IN MY ABILITY TO USE A WEB BROWSER

WHAT A JOKE…THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT I CAN’T USE A COMPUTER AND A CODE.

THERE ARE NO TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 % WERE RESERVED FOR THE U2.COM MEMBER PRE-SALE, SO THAT LEAVES 90% FOR THE GENERAL, NON-PAYING PUBLIC TO BUY OVER THE PHONE OR THROUGH THE BROKERS TICKMASTER SCALPS THEM TOO.

WE NEED TO UNITE TO PROTEST THIS.

mailjeff@comcast.net

Back
Top Bottom