MERGED ..> General Admission + Worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
General Admission

I had a question about General Admission Fan Tickets (Propaganda Tickets).

If I sell them to someone else, are they allowed to line up in the fan club line or not?

Don't you need proof of being a U2.com memeber or whatever?

And, are tickets sold to fans that same K-Fan on the ticket more likely to get you into the ellipse.

Curious...

Based on the first leg and how venues generally handled GA lines, the answers to your questions are as follows:

Yes.
No.
No, same opportunity as general sale tickets.

General Admission - Worth It?

I have another GA question. I saw them last time in Hartford this way and it was awesome.

However, it seems that the demand now for GA is even greater since now everyone realizes how cool it could be.

My question, is GA really worth all the trouble?

What I mean is. The ellipse looks great, and maybe the first row or two outside, but if you are lump on the floor a little further back, is it still a great view?

Is it worth all the trouble of standing in line, getting their early, trying not to loose your place when you go to the bathroom or a drink?

At the end of the night, is GA better than just a really close SEAT?

I kind of got into the hype of GA, but I think I might be one of those that actually would rarther know where I'm sitting, rarther than finding out when I get there.

The tickets I have are for MSG and I heard their GA rules were quite strict too. I just don't if it's worth the trouble. I'll love the show from any angle.

The ellipse would be sweet, but since they don't guarentee it, it's had.

I hope that if they do this again next tour, that they just sell 2 types of GA tickets. Premium ones and General ones.

Why not? In a way it would cut down on people trying to sell their GA tickets and saying FRONT ROW if you get their early enough.

Just a thought.

Anyone not a fan of GA?

On the secondary market, close to stage seats are more inflated than GA's for precisely the reasons you used to describe some negatives of GA's.

Additionally, close to stage seats are much harder to get than GA's during general sales. It's also worth noting (the obvious) that any GA can get you into the BS whereas any seated ticket will not get you close to the stage (at least not legally!).

With that said, which MSG show do you have GA's for? Maybe I can trade you lowers for that show! :wink:

You're more likely to pay 5 or 6 times face value for the GA tix right now for MSG like $300 each or something.

I know for MSG close to stage seats are REALLY hard to get on the secondary market unless you want to pay BIG BUCKS. Your best bet is going to be e-bay, ETS, or waiting until the day of the show. Don't even bother with brokers for these tix. Trust me I've looked high and low for the Oct/Nov shows.

I personally think the GAs are overpriced on the secondary market because (1) you have to wait in line for 12 hours to get a good spot on the floor, and (2) there's no guarantee of getting into the ellipse. I'll only go GA if I can get them for ~$100/ticket or cheaper.

I'm a fan of GA clerks, tho I think it's really a subjective thing at the end of the day. Certain seats suit certain people for many diferent reasons.

On Zoo TV I had GA's, whereas on Popmart and Elevation I had seats (Not good ones either), so I was determined to get GA's for Vertigo (made sure I bought them this time). As for where you are in the crowd, it rather depends on how determined you are go get in amongst it.

Personally I still enjoy GA more than seated, despite not being in an elevated position to see the whole stage. For me it's just a better concert-going experience and it made me feel more of a part of the show. That's just me of course :)

I've been wanting to ask some of these questions.. I've got two GA tickets but I am NOT going to wait all day. I realize that I probably wont get into the elipse, but I will be on the floor. I've never made it on the floor in an (American) arena show. I'm kinda excited about it.

But, getting to some of the questions. What kinds of view does one have about half way back? All the way back of the floor.

Also, I'd like to hear from people who got GA and just showed up before the show. How was your experience? Do you regret not waiting all day? (I cant wait all day due to work and baby sitting issues)..

I don't regret not waiting all day and for me, being there is more important than being 2 feet away from the band.

You're not going to get the kind of views that an elevated seating position will give you, but you will still see the stage, the lighting and the video screens will also be a bonus.

I think you'll still be more fortunate than European GA holders, as we will really have to make an effort if we want a decent GA spot due to the size of the standing area.

But even if they're only 2 inches tall, it's still U2 :wink:

ramblingrob said:
I've been wanting to ask some of these questions.. I've got two GA tickets but I am NOT going to wait all day. I realize that I probably wont get into the elipse, but I will be on the floor. I've never made it on the floor in an (American) arena show. I'm kinda excited about it.

But, getting to some of the questions. What kinds of view does one have about half way back? All the way back of the floor.

Also, I'd like to hear from people who got GA and just showed up before the show. How was your experience? Do you regret not waiting all day? (I cant wait all day due to work and baby sitting issues)..

the view from the back of the floor really depends on how tall you are. in san diego, after i was pulled from just behind the rail, i spent the rest of the show in the back. i'm about five foot two, and couldn't see a thing. which sucked, because i DID wait all day.

in phoenix, i had what i considered to be the best seats in the house. they were four seats about six rows off of the floor on edge's side, with a perfect view of everything. but those tickets were a very generous gift that i never would have been able to buy for myself. they would have cost a fortune. needless to say, i enjoyed the seats much more than the GA's.

but i'm only going by my own experiences. i'm sure some people have had an amazing time on the floor. i've heard it's important to get along the rail if you're not in the ellipse, that you can't feel as much pushing and shoving from there. but if you can't wait all day, you won't be able to get up there, that's for sure.

for the upcoming shows in las vegas i have GA's for friday, and mid-level seats for saturday. so who knows, maybe my opinion will change again.

have fun :)

stevec said:
I don't regret not waiting all day and for me, being there is more important than being 2 feet away from the band.

You're not going to get the kind of views that an elevated seating position will give you, but you will still see the stage, the lighting and the video screens will also be a bonus.

I think you'll still be more fortunate than European GA holders, as we will really have to make an effort if we want a decent GA spot due to the size of the standing area.

But even if they're only 2 inches tall, it's still U2 :wink:
i dont think we will have to que all day for the manchester shows, with them being the middle of the week, people will be working etc, so if you arrive about 12, 12:30, you should get a decent spot

KUEFC09U2 said:
i dont think we will have to que all day for the manchester shows, with them being the middle of the week, people will be working etc, so if you arrive about 12, 12:30, you should get a decent spot

True enough mate. This time I have the opportunity to get there early, as opposed to Zooropa when I couldn't. I was seated for Popmart and Elevation so it didn't matter. The issue is that I'll be going with between 2-4 other people who are not up for an early arrival, or would prefer to go for a few drinks first.

Not sure what I'll do and I'm just glad to be going to the concert in the 1st place, but I would like to try to be in the thick of it for once. That said, if I choose to go early I'll be on my lonesome For 10-11 hours. :(

I know that's not the end of the world, but it would be a better experience with my sister and brother-in-law there with me. Guess I'll just have to keep working on them :wink:

stevec said:

True enough mate. This time I have the opportunity to get there early, as opposed to Zooropa when I couldn't. I was seated for Popmart and Elevation so it didn't matter. The issue is that I'll be going with between 2-4 other people who are not up for an early arrival, or would prefer to go for a few drinks first.

Not sure what I'll do and I'm just glad to be going to the concert in the 1st place, but I would like to try to be in the thick of it for once. That said, if I choose to go early I'll be on my lonesome For 10-11 hours. :(

I know that's not the end of the world, but it would be a better experience with my sister and brother-in-law there with me. Guess I'll just have to keep working on them :wink:
just get them to be around the stadium for about 11:30 there are pubs around where when you see a large que just say, theres the que if you wanna be at the back thats upto you,

lol

fan club line

Sorry if this is out there already but I could not find in my search.

I have GA tickets for Vegas. I am a fan club member but I did not get these tickets through the club.... can I still go on the fan club GA line?

Re: fan club line

tbird said:
Sorry if this is out there already but I could not find in my search.

I have GA tickets for Vegas. I am a fan club member but I did not get these tickets through the club.... can I still go on the fan club GA line?

Maybe... it depends on the venue and also depends on whether U2 uses the same system as they did on the first leg (i.e., lottery to get into the bomb shelter).

Back
Top Bottom