MERGED-->GA question... can you pee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinitum98 said:
I gotta question that i've been pondering on. For the GA ticketholders, once you get in line for GA, say you are #50, do you have to stay in line until the doors open to the venue, or can you leave or w/e and still be #50 to get in the building? Cuz I kno that people go to the arena 12 AM the night before, do they really stay in line for 18+ hours??

You can leave the line if the people around you agree to hold your place, and you do the same for them...but typically that would be for a food run/bathroom break. I don't know that I'd get in line and then have people hold my place while I go to an afternoon matinee...

cmaly said:
During the Elevation Tour I saw U2 in Denver and sat up pretty high. I noticed that the stage had a few taped "marks" or "spots" for light cues and where Bono needed to stand during the song New York so the shadow would be projected properly. My brother and I went to a CHICAGO show and had GA seats. We went 4 hours early and were stopped at a stop light and noticed Bono and Edge in the car behind us... I jumped out at the next stop light and got their autographs! When we got on the floor, we went to where the taped mark was rather than the tip of the heart, and Bono spent a lot of time at the spot... most people wanted to be a the tip of the heart so it was relatively easy to locate ourselves and people were kind and there weren't any jerks... so it was an amazing experience. My advice, look for special effects and look for repeating "antics".... a lot of shows mirror themselves in this capacity.

That is such a cool story! I would freak out and do a triple-take if I saw them in the rear-view mirror.

jphelmet said:
atlanta will be tough- for elevation there were people lined up at 6am, and then they totally screwed up and let people in that had just gotten there first. you can probably get inside the heart (or egg or whatever it is this time) with getting there about 10am- but there really is no way to say for sure. i got to charlotte at 9am, and was front row center against the main stage. i was not first in line, maybe 25-50th and i'm still not sure how i got to that spot.

in houston there were about 10 different entrances so it really didn't matter how early- it was really luck for the most part.

Which Houston venue was that? Toyota Center?

Back
Top Bottom