MERGED--> Fan ACTION for Katowice - Slaski Stadium + U2-PL Fan Action for Slaski

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KEVIN051269 said:
Just to say im really looking forward to visiting your country.Staying 3nights in Krakow and then 1 in Katowice. We are 5 English lads and have GA so will try and turn up in red tops ,even if it is an england football top ;) Just hope nobody takes offence at it :uhoh:

I am part of a group of three English blokes that will be there, I think that this may turn out to be an event attended by many different nationalities

Originally posted by Eirinn
That's OK, provided you wear them on your head :D
You know what, I'm going to Croatia on holiday in June :applaud:

Really?Where are you going?
Excellent choice :wink:

Not fully decided yet, somewhere in Istra first, then down to Dubrovnik. People say the road down along the coast is fantastic :happy: Can't wait to see the views :camera: . And taste the wine :wink:

Eirinn said:
Not fully decided yet, somewhere in Istra first, then down to Dubrovnik. People say the road down along the coast is fantastic :happy: Can't wait to see the views :camera: . And taste the wine :wink:

WOW! I'm from Istria! Please, when you found out which city, let me know!

Btw, there's the fan action on the main Croatia U2 forum, so all the Croats will be red (and white, depends where)! :wink:

Thanks guys, I'll let you know as soon as we decide :)
Big thanks Croatia for supporting our action :hug: ! This will be some show, with so many nationalities going to attend!

Yeah, go by train :up: At least that's what i do :wink:

From Katowice you can either take a taxi or a nearby tram no 11 and go straight to the stadium ;)

remember - WHITE - grandstands, RED - floor!

We just made it onto MTV news in Poland :)

WE GONNA MAKE IT!

Chorzow, Poland - Some 70,000 fans of Irish rock band U2 waved shirts, scarves and handkerchiefs to compose a massive red-and-white Polish national flag to U2's "New Year's Day," an anthem inspired partly by Poland's Solidarity struggle against communism.

Fresh from the weekend's "Make Poverty History" Live 8 concert event, the band led by singer and anti-poverty activist Bono performed in Poland's southern Chorzow city stadium Tuesday night. U2 is currently touring with material from their newest album, Vertigo [sic].

Fans on the stadium pitch waved red items, while those sitting in the bleachers brandished white during the Cold-War era song.

Ever the showman, Bono also underscored the Polish inspiration for the song's lyrics by showing the red lining of his jacket and bowing deeply to the audience as he sang.

"New Year's Day" appeared on U2's 1983 breakthrough album War. According to Bono, the song's lyrics were inspired in part by the Polish communist regime's brutal crackdown in December 1981 on the freedom-fighting Solidarity trade union and its underground struggle, unprecedented at the time in the Soviet-dominated Eastern Bloc.

The idea to underscore the Polish inspiration for the U2 classic arose from and was organized among the band's Polish fans on the Internet and was then relayed by the Polish media prior to the concert.

© Deutsche Presse-Agentur, 2005.

:rockon:

It looked even better when you were there. From the seats you could see a sea of red, and from the pitch a sea of white. It was supposed to last only through the intro, but we kept it up throughout the whole song.

Wow! Congratulations to the originators of the idea! It is amazing that so many people went along with it too... Never would have thought it would work, but I dont mind being proved wrong in instances like this!

:applaud:

One more picture:
flaga.jpg

(thanks to Cinqante)

*k_i_t_e_86* said:
One more picture:
flaga.jpg

(thanks to Cinqante)

:ohmy: This is looking exactly like the view from my seat... probably the next or second seat to the right from this...:ohmy:
World is small sometimes:wink:

It looked so amazing I can't describe it, we can be proud of ourselves! :D Bono looked really surprised and truely touched. Great, great gig...

Back
Top Bottom