MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
Enough Rope interview disuccsion here

place your comments here as i'm sure there will be many!!!

November it is!!!!!!!!!!

Bono just said the tour is rescheduled for November, on Sydney radio!!!!!

Lets all dance and sing now :drool: :drool: :drool:

from lyptonvillage.org/u2/

November says Bono!!!
5:25 pm In Aussie News, Vertigo Oz, BonoVox, Fan Reports

Just reported on the U2 list:

“Just heard the Bman on the radio. He said the tour will be recheduled
for November. Expect more details in tonights Denton interview!”

Huh???
It was Bono talking on NOVA.
I think they played part of the interview.

Its a definite!
Who dont you trust? Bono? :huh:

Earnie Shavers said:
Did he give a year? ZooTV Sydney was in November. I don't trust this guy, whoever he says he is.
Yes.. who is this Bano singer guy they're always talking about anyway :eyebrow:

:wink:

How much longer before the interview show? I'm in British Columbia Canada so I want to be back here for details.

Thanks

The setlist for the last 3-5 South American shows was probably the best it was all tour. Would've been great if they carried that over for most of the Aussie shows. I would've loved to have seen a mixed up set on April Fools though... maybe ZooTVesque, they had most of the songs from the front 7. :combust:

Bono had his hat off and his pink glasses on.

The interview is in a hotel room around the corner from where he is staying.

when he is nervous Bono always goes on a charm offensive.

And yes he is taller than Andrew Denton.

late october or early November will be the tour dates as I said 2 days ago

this is because Sian has to go better and the roadies will move on to Robbie Williams and Coldplay tours..

the whole screens etc will be shelved in Sydney till the concert kicks off again.

Possible it will showcase songs from the next album so that is the bonus for the Pacific region.

bazza said:

U2 to return in November
Sydney
March 13, 2006 - 7:17PM

Irish rock band U2 have rescheduled the Australian leg of their Vertigo Tour for November.
The band's front man Bono, announced the news to Enough Rope presenter Andrew Denton and the interview will screen on the ABC tonight.

It is believed the band's shock decision to postpone the Australian, New Zealand and Japanese leg of their tour was due to U2's guitarist, the Edge, having a seriously ill child.

"I can't really get into details why," Bono told Denton of the postponement.

"There was a lot of distress and angst and (the) good news is ... I can announce tonight we are coming back, looks like November and that's a great relief for me."

Bono, who arrived in Australia last week with his wife Ali Hewson and their sons Elijah, 6, and John, 4, admitted he was happy the gigs had been rescheduled.

"I didn't want to leave Australia without having that hammered down," he said.

"But (we are) just about that much away from being able to give you the dates so maybe even tomorrow I'll be able to do that."

While Bono remained tight-lipped on which band member caused the postponement, he revealed that after 25 years together they were all there for each other.

"Our music does come out of (a) very tight community and so if one of us is going through it we're all going through it," he said.

"He will be at the other side of it .... and God willing it will be a very positive outcome.

"We've all been through different ups and downs, and you've got to give yourself freedom within a band ... to get out of each other's way as well as to get in somebody's face at the right time. Sometimes you have to know when not to. This is one of those moments."

The political activist also admitted he would seek a meeting with Prime Minister John Howard when he returns to Australia.

He wishes to discuss Australia increasing its foreign aid to poor nations.

However, a meeting is yet to be scheduled.

"I'd like to when I get back (talk with Howard)," he told Denton.

"We have a spotlight on us (celebrities), so might as well use it. We're actually starting to get access (to politicians) because we represent a lot of people."

Ironically, the only other time U2 has had to postpone part of a tour was in Sydney in the late 1980s, where they postponed three dates.

this thread will probably get merged - since it's the same discussion in 2 other threads. It might be helpful to keep posting in just 1 or 2 for the sake of keeping everything in one place, and for my sanity. Thank You!

And no, I'm not a moderator, but am playing one on blue crack tonight/this morning... :wink:

There's an awful lot of Australian & New Zealanders on this board :happy:

26_11_8.gif
26_18_1.gif

Bono in Sydney said:
Bono had his hat off and his pink glasses on.

The interview is in a hotel room around the corner from where he is staying.

when he is nervous Bono always goes on a charm offensive.

And yes he is taller than Andrew Denton.

Looking forward to it Bono In Sydney....did you get a chance to speak to Bono at all?

This will probably be U2's best tour ever. You guys are gonna get something really special, probably more dates and some new songs..... LOVETOWN 2!!!!!

I was the asisstant to the assistant to the assistant coffee maker, not quite high enough on the food chain to push in. Bono went off and took a phone call after the interview and we had to do our job and make sure we had sound and lighting was good. He did say to us, good job boys and then we just filmed the Promo.

We had to get back to the studio for editing as it had to be wrapped up in a day.

But what a whirlwind experience.

Back
Top Bottom