MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While this is all my own speculation, it's possible Japan and Hawaii could be dropped altogether after the New Zealand / Australia dates because those regions require a lot of time, money and work to get the stage equipment to those locations for single shows.

On the other hand, it's possible the band may do a "Zooropa" style move and quickly record and release a new album over late Summer or early Winter and not only have some new material for these shows but also add dates and countries using the New Zealand / Aussie shows as a new start point although based on the rumored situation with The Edge's daughter, I think at least at this point recording new material is very unlikely.

At any rate, even if the band just make up the NZ/Aussie dates as far away as the end of 2006, it says something very positive about the band's commitment to their fans as well as to the promoters to eventually play the shows.

T.B.

love2bmama said:
Ok, I'm done torrenting, I can upload it to YSI if someone tells me how? Never done that before. Do I just go there and upload it?

Just go to ysi dot com and all the instructions for uploading will be there. It's very easy! Thanks so much in advance for doing this! :bow: I look forward to seeing it! :hyper:

Last edited:
tnx!! i managed it to download and save it in an mp3 file........so now i have nothing :(:( i know: stupid.

tnx a a million for making it a ysi!!

Partyslammer said:
While this is all my own speculation, it's possible Japan and Hawaii could be dropped altogether after the New Zealand / Australia dates because those regions require a lot of time, money and work to get the stage equipment to those locations for single shows.

On the other hand, it's possible the band may do a "Zooropa" style move and quickly record and release a new album over late Summer or early Winter and not only have some new material for these shows but also add dates and countries using the New Zealand / Aussie shows as a new start point although based on the rumored situation with The Edge's daughter, I think at least at this point recording new material is very unlikely.

At any rate, even if the band just make up the NZ/Aussie dates as far away as the end of 2006, it says something very positive about the band's commitment to their fans as well as to the promoters to eventually play the shows.

T.B.

How dare you even think this! The U2 camp has already indicated that they will be honoring the dates postponed with re-scheduled dates to be announced soon. It doesn't take that much more to arrange and set up for Japan and/or Hawaii. Besides, they were going to use two stage set ups. All this speculation. Everyone's anxiety will be put to rest in the next couple days as to exactly what U2 will be doing and when'where the shows will be scheduled for. I am just patiently waiting.

Oh, and :up: thanks for the upload, looking forward to it as all I've seen thus far today were some pics and article and
a few quick video snippets on the AU net.

Last edited:
Partyslammer said:

T.B.
i really dont think they would just honour one set of dates, and totally pull the others, as it would be just as unfair to the people who have bought tickets to see them in japan and hawai

Carek1230 said:

How dare you even think this! The U2 camp has already indicated that they will be honoring the dates postponed with re-scheduled dates to be announced soon. It doesn't take that much more to arrange and set up for Japan and/or Hawaii. Besides, they were going to use two stage set ups. All this speculation. Everyone's anxiety will be put to rest in the next couple days as to exactly what U2 will be doing and when'where the shows will be scheduled for. I am just patiently waiting.

Oh, and :up: thanks for the upload, looking forward to it as all I've seen thus far today were some pics and article and
a few quick video snippets on the AU net.

:sad: I hope so Cerek...I do not mind the postpone but I would be devesated if they dropped Japan and Hawaii all together.... I also hope it will be scheduled for this year.*crosses fingers*

Robert and Jono on The Rock radio station here in NZ will be interviewing Bono this afternoon :drool: .

Their show is on between 3 and 7, so for anyone who wants to listen, you can listen online :D.

The address is www (dot) therock [dot] net [dot] nz

Note: That's 3-7 NZ time!

Last edited:
I recorded the interview yesterday and I'm uploading a slightly smaller (197MB) .mp4 file if anyone needs it. It's fairly good quality.

Lila64 said:
thanks, I already have that site bookmarked...

bono14306_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

same story, different site (with pic above :sexywink: )

This picture is because Denton asked "How do you go about meeting someone like John Howard ( Aussie PM)?"

and Bono said "sort of the same way I met you."

and Denton said "But that was in bed, so we really can't talk about that here!"

He was obviously joking, but Bono was caught off guard when he said it, and I am not sure Denton was game to try and interject any more humour.

The only complaints I would have of the interview was that it didn't cover more varied topics. I know debt relief is huge for Bono, but I would like to have seen Denton try to steer him more onto other topics that have had less interview exposure. I think he tried, but Bono was not going to be easily led.

The other thing, and this is probably going to sound silly, but it really struck me how Bono is truly someone to be reckoned with. There was absolutely no way Denton was going to step out of line with him - and I can assure you this is highly unusual!

Why we in Australia were so excited about the Denton interview is that he takes no crap. He looked like he wanted to hit a little harder, try to get the more direct answer, but didn't quite dare!

And yet, I have to wonder why this is.

I figure it must have a large part to do with Bono's integrity and honesty and his goodness, as a person, that garners the respect that people want to do the right thing by him.

Just my thoughts... any one else have an opinion? (lol to ask this on this board with the quality of these fans! rhetorical question, really)

Also Bono in Sydney.... did Denton ask any questions that were edited out? If so, what were they? Thanks!

Would someone be able to do a save file of this, by any chance? My computer crapped out on me while downloading the YSI. For some reason my computer doesn't like YSI. Thanks to whoever can do that! :)

Hey Imogen you nailed pretty much my feeling on the interview. Denton almost looked like he was too scared to use too much humour in asking Bono questions, and it's when he's humorous that he draws out more info. Compare with the Stipe interview.

blueeyedgirl said:
Compare with the Stipe interview.

I guess it was more a Bono interview guided by Denton rather than a Denton interview featuring Bono, but comparing it to the Stipe interview, where Denton used a lot of humour, I guess it's about personality. Stipe can be a pretty difficult subject, one that sort of needs to be massaged into opening up, whereas with Bono all you really need to do is just lob a subject at him and he'll just run to the hills with it and give you great stuff. In the moment Denton probably found that he had no need to 'work' Bono, just a need to steer him from topic to topic.

Bono seems tough because he does just shoot off like that, giving a really great answer but not necessarily in quite the exact angle/direction the question really intended. You could see a few times Denton tried follow up questions that were really asking the same thing again, and again Bono would technically answer completely on topic, and give Denton a lot of great stuff in an answer, but still not quite where Denton wanted him to.

I reckon either Bono is really really smart, very aware that he is doing that, or he genuinely is loaded with hot air and just impossible to pin down no matter how hard you try (ie if you get the feeling Bono is like that in private conversation, not just in front of a camera). The problem for Denton is that Bono is still giving him great answers, great material, whether it's stuff all of us diehards have heard a dozen times before or not, he's not getting a raw deal from Bono at all, so in one sense the need or want to push further is completely taken away from him.

Anyway, at my work here it seems just about everyone saw the interview, and for them all of the stories were new, all the cliches fresh etc, and they are all completely in awe of him after it, so for the 95% of people who were watching who don't read a dozen Bono interviews or articles each month, it was probably fantastic.

Earnie Shavers said:

Anyway, at my work here it seems just about everyone saw the interview, and for them all of the stories were new, all the cliches fresh etc, and they are all completely in awe of him after it, so for the 95% of people who were watching who don't read a dozen Bono interviews or articles each month, it was probably fantastic.

That's a good point Earnie, many people have heard of Bono and his activism but few see him in action and hear him speak on the issues. I'm certain many are stunned to see him so knowledgeable and aware of the topics he discusses.

Back
Top Bottom