MERGED--> Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's from The Onion.

You know that the article's not real, right?

If you did, and I missed your sarcasm, I apologize :reject:.

"I have a garden to tend to when we're not on the road," The Edge said. "There's nothing wrong with taking care of your own little corner of the world. I work very hard in my garden."
:giggle:

Last edited:
I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping the first post has some sarcasm in it :happy:

If the OP wasn't being sarcastic, then I am convinced that Montreal really is the gullible capital of the world. :wink:

The best part is the tag under this picture:

Rest-Of-U2-Jump-C.article.jpg

It says, "A starving African, who is of little concern to the other members of U2."

I love that this is a real thread.

I'm happy now.

"When Bono starts telling the audience how messed up the world can be and how we should work together to make things better, I usually just zone out," Mullen said.

okay so this part may have a little truth in it

:wink:

"I don't have a problem with [Bono] trying to save Africa. Who knows, it might inspire some decent songs." says :adam:

That's revolting ... :yikes:

nurse chrissi said:
"When Bono starts telling the audience how messed up the world can be and how we should work together to make things better, I usually just zone out," Mullen said.

That's my favorite part. :lmao:

TripThroughWire said:
"I don't have a problem with [Bono] trying to save Africa. Who knows, it might inspire some decent songs." says :adam:

That's revolting ... :yikes:

You are making this thread even better!

I wish there was an option for 10 stars.

:hmm:

5stars.gif
5stars.gif

I knew it was a bogus article when I read this....

"During live concerts, U2 audiences are treated to a stunning audiovisual experience, with Bono periodically giving his opinion on social and world events between songs. "

PERIODICALLY??????????????????????????

LOL
:wink:

TripThroughWire said:

You'd better change your name: BonoSavesTheWorld :sad:

I know. I totally should. Can you go find out how I do this? You could probably post a thread in the Help forum to find out about changing your username.

Let me know what you find out!

Thanks in advance!

ZooMacPhisto800- take a look at some of the other headlines for today - it is all satire

my favorite would be "Barbra Streisand to take rare public dump"

nurse chrissi said:
ZooMacPhisto800- take a look at some of the other headlines for today - it is all satire

my favorite would be "Barbra Streisand to take rare public dump"

She didn't?

:(

I do like this part, however;

""If I could wave a magic wand and cure Africa's problems, I would do that," drummer Larry Mullen Jr. said. "But someone has to take care of the more practical, day-to-day stuff that Bono doesn't really bother with. Like, for example, how's the next album going to sound? How're we going to keep our live act fresh? I can't tell you how many millions of decisions go into making one Elevation tour.""

Clearly, Mr. Mullen has confused the tours because THEY ARE THE SAME EXACT TOUR. Except for Pride/Streets Suckage.

But, I digress.

I've said it everywhere else I saw this article posted, so I might as well say it here, too.

The headline is funnier than the article - they should have left it as a blurb. Dude, The Onion used to be much funnier. :sad:

Remember the Onion article from a few years back that was a list of ways Bono was becoming more messianic or something, and the best one was something about how "before the cock crows, The Edge will betray him three times."

:lmao:

Last edited:
U2SavesTheWorld said:

WHAT!?!? I HAD NO IDEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!221111!!!

You are welcome.

But don't try to change the topic of this thread: from that paper, there's obviously a problem supporting such a band. So the question is: what we, fan, should do ?

A fan action at the next concert ?
Sell our ticket and donate the money to Bono's "Dig Holes for Africans" campain ? (not sure of the name).

Ok, there's 2 people I am still worried about...

The two of you, if you know what the deal is and you are just being sarcastic, please post this smilie :wink:

Otherwise, I am going on an underground bunker and never coming out again.... :happy:

Back
Top Bottom