MERGED--> Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

That's a rather bold post for a newbie to be making. :wink: Unless you're an alter, of course.

maybe I'm a newbie with some balls!

or maybe this is an alter:shifty:

:evil:

Ahahah... in this article, they've probably added quotes coming from different moments of their life and put it all together. Some of them might not even be serious :p Nobody "can't" be concerned by poverty in Africa today...
I believe, though I have read this article, the band is at least a bit implicated, Bono being the porte-parole.

That article was pretty funny though :p

OMG this was hilarious...glad I found this thread!! I love that:
1. "Turns out "The Onion" is a saturnical newspaper" -
makes me think that each planet has its own dedicated newspaper and the onion is all about saturn!!
2. The double play lasted sooo long!!

gabrielvox said:
Are you part of the joke tho? Thats what Im worried about...

But yes, some jokes are in worse taste than others... :shrug:

I totally agree with you! This article was done in the worst possible taste. There are just some things you don't make fun of and one of them is people dying of starvation.:shame:

Utoo said:
Is there a "fueling the fire" smiley?

:wink:

I wish there was!
:laugh: :laugh:

AND BTW nurse crissie .I'd never seen that earlier Bono spoof.....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:hug: for the Reprint :D

This thread has been hilarious! as soon as I saw the photo as I picked the Onion... I tho to myself --what's the On gonna do with them! Iwondered myself how it would be taken.........they probably could have made it funnier.

Last edited:
The Onion took the article down! I wonder if this is like that thing that happened in the US with that news person that had to resign because he had broadcast something as fact (implicating "W"?) without verifying his sources!

Back
Top Bottom