MERGED--> Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno, considering some people don't even know there's 2 other guys in the band with Bono and Edge, it's possible some one may think this is true.

I heard 2 ladies who were waiting to see if the band woud do a meet and greet confuse Adam and Larry.

Lady 1: They all have kids right?

Lady 2: Nah, Larry doesn't have any kids. Bono, Edge and Adam do.

Actually I've read a couple reviews from people, who mentioned they bumped into someone, or overheard someone confuse Adam and Larry.

btw, Adam is one with the garden. :rolleyes:

;)

Turns out "The Onion" is a saturnical newspaper... the direct citations were probably taken out-of-context. I can understand how Edge's garden statement might make sense given the proper context but I can't imagine what Larry was thinking to make the "14 Grammys" statement. I guess if some reporter was only referring to U2's humanitarian efforts and forgetting their status as a band, it might prompt it to be said.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Turns out "The Onion" is a saturnical newspaper... the direct citations were probably taken out-of-context. I can understand how Edge's garden statement might make sense given the proper context but I can't imagine what Larry was thinking to make the "14 Grammys" statement. I guess if some reporter was only referring to U2's humanitarian efforts and forgetting their status as a band, it might prompt it to be said.

:eyebrow: please tell us you're kidding....

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I clearly said I didn't think Larry's comments could be justified. I just gave a potential situation that might not make them sound so bad.

...but it's the Onion....it doesn't matter...it's not real...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I clearly said I didn't think Larry's comments could be justified. I just gave a potential situation that might not make them sound so bad.

See, dude, the thing is...they never made those comments.

If you really believe that any part of that article was factual in any way at all, please say so. If you're just fooling around, well, it's actually gotten past the funny part and is slightly annoying now...:huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

...but it's the Onion....it doesn't matter...it's not real...

The "14 Grammys" citation speaks for itself. I'm a pretty liberal person and even I had a problem coming up with a context to make that statement sound quasi-OK.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

The "14 Grammys" citation speaks for itself. I'm a pretty liberal person and even I had a problem coming up with a context to make that statement sound quasi-OK.

I'm sooooo confused by you, are you trying to mess with my mind? I'll say it again: THE ONION AND EVERYTHING IN IT IS NOT REAL. Larry never said that....

I have an Onion article posted here at my desk entitled: "Small town's 'Cryptosporidium Daze' Fails to attract visitors"...one of my all time faves. I even have a "Crypty the Cryptosporidium" t-shirt. :laugh:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you didn't know the Onion is a joke newspaper/online newspaper.

Now that people have informed you of this, you can be assured the rest of U2 do not feel that way.

In case you need more proof though, here's an actual comment from Adam, it was published in RollingStone magazine, in the April 4, 2002 edition.

"We wouldn't get any more of him if he wasn't doing this stuff," Clayton says, noting that it's great fun to watch Bono turn his acuity and Irish charm on politicians and CEOs. "These guys don't expect him to have a grasp of the subject matter. He's able to go in with the facts and figures, talk circles around them, and suddenly, where they thought they were just going to get their picture taken with him, he's gotten something out of them before the picture.

"You can't deny the penetration he has achieved," Clayton says. "And it makes the rest of us realize that what we do is important to the group. We need to keep it going forward, to allow him to come in and out. Bono has a legitimate reason not to be around all the time. And we have a legitimate reason to make sure that the time we are all together is used wisely."

More recent comments, from an article someone reposted here

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139284&pagenumber=1

"It's amazing to see somebody who you basically grew up with at school and who you've been in a band with for 25 years going to the White House," says bassist Adam Clayton, nibbling on mixed nuts somewhere in the catacombs beneath the Air Canada Centre, where the band will kick off a sold-out string of four shows tonight. "That's what we all signed up for. What excited us at 16 or 17 was punk, and the reason that turned us on was because (we were) angry about wanting things to change, that frustration. And that's still a part of what we are ..."

That's just Adam, if you want quotes from Edge and Larry, I can post those too.

Last edited:
No one's ever going to take him seriously now. If he posts something in all seriousness someday, he's going to be the poster who cried wolf.

:wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

get out.

I love the Onion- read it at the bar all the time. One of the latest good articles was about Fritolaysia cutting it's diplomatic ties with Snackistan. (How can anyone see something like that and think it is real?)

There are actually people around though who think the Onion is for real. Some still haven't heard the saying that you don't believe everything you hear OR read.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that U2 got spoofed though! GOtta get this one ASAP for a souvenir.

longingforBono said:
I love the Onion- read it at the bar all the time. One of the latest good articles was about Fritolaysia cutting it's diplomatic ties with Snackistan. (How can anyone see something like that and think it is real?)

There are actually people around though who think the Onion is for real. Some still haven't heard the saying that you don't believe everything you hear OR read.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that U2 got spoofed though! GOtta get this one ASAP for a souvenir.

I've never heard of no Fritolasia.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I've never heard of no Fritolasia.

That's a country which advertise for tourism with a MOFO soundtrack.
It didn't work that much, maybe that's the reason why you've never heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom