MERGED--> Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
Ok, there's 2 people I am still worried about...

The two of you, if you know what the deal is and you are just being sarcastic, please post this smilie :wink:

Otherwise, I am going on an underground bunker and never coming out again.... :happy:

:uhoh:

edit: :wink:

Last edited:
TripThroughWire said:

You are welcome.

But don't try to change the topic of this thread: from that paper, there's obviously a problem supporting such a band. So the question is: what we, fan, should do ?

A fan action at the next concert ?
Sell our ticket and donate the money to Bono's "Dig Holes for Africans" campain ? (not sure of the name).

I'm not sure. I think maybe we should all get together and make a sign that says, "I HATE LARRY MULLEN, EDGE, and ADAM CLAYTON BECAUSE THEY WANT AFRICANS TO DIE".

Wristbands that say, "Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed" could work too.

Its all about awareness, people.

TripThroughWire said:

You are welcome.

But don't try to change the topic of this thread: from that paper, there's obviously a problem supporting such a band. So the question is: what we, fan, should do ?

A fan action at the next concert ?
Sell our ticket and donate the money to Bono's "Dig Holes for Africans" campain ? (not sure of the name).

ok.....do we follow that you are following the context of the Onion article...in which case perhaps this thread probably should be moved to EYKIW...

OR
(and sorry if Im being mean, but your last comment was quite ignorant)

is, as noted in other threads, your command of the English language is such that you dont recognize SATIRE???

Well let me put it to you plainly: this piece is SATIRE, PURE FICTION

And Bono's "campain" is not entitled "Dig Holes for Africans" - unless you are trying to be funny I think it is very disturbing that you don't even know the proper name and would post such a grossly disrespectful name for it...damn!

:angry:

(if Ive got you wrong you can start correcting me anytime now!)

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I'm not sure. I think maybe we should all get together and make a sign that says, "I HATE LARRY MULLEN, EDGE, and ADAM CLAYTON BECAUSE THEY WANT AFRICANS TO DIE".

Wristbands that say, "Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed" could work too.

Its all about awareness, people.

Sit down during Streets when the african flags are displayed ?

gabrielvox said:

(if Ive got you wrong you can start correcting me anytime now!)

Obviously the name i chose was a bit ... strong. I apologize, but I thought it was in the spirit of the thread.
Sorry ...

nurse chrissi said:
"When Bono starts telling the audience how messed up the world can be and how we should work together to make things better, I usually just zone out," Mullen said.

okay so this part may have a little truth in it

:wink:

Come to think of it I zone out some times too while he's talking.

nurse chrissi said:
"When Bono starts telling the audience how messed up the world can be and how we should work together to make things better, I usually just zone out," Mullen said.

okay so this part may have a little truth in it

:lmao:

He's a drummer -- zoning out is part of the deal. :yes:

kellyahern said:

Next to the "Bono and Adam should kiss more" thread of course :wink:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. There can only be one best thread ever and this one wins.

:angry:

Edit: :wink:

:shifty:

I'm ordering wristbands that say, "Edge, Larry, Adam should be ashamed".

What color?

corianderstem said:

Remember the Onion article from a few years back that was a list of ways Bono was becoming more messianic or something, and the best one was something about how "before the cock crows, The Edge will betray him three times."

:lmao:

this one? :D
onion_imagearticle425.jpg

Man, this thread is about a thousand times funnier than the actual article. :lol: Thank you, ZooMacPhisto800, for turning a shitty day into a hilarious one. :wink:

Okay, I actually laughed out loud at this thread.
It just kept getting better and better. (the people who played clueless and those who bought into the cluelessness = classic)

Back
Top Bottom