MERGED --> eBay weirdness + Why is Glendale so "cheap" on e-bay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desert Dog

War Child
eBay weirdness

I just saw an eBay ticket broker swoop in on an auction for 2 Glendale GA's and win it. They never stop. They paid $232.00 for the pair so they will probably be reauctioned in the $300-400 range easy.

As a seller on ebay, there have been times where I look for certain popular items with a crappy description, or shitty pictures, buy them then resell them with better descriptions and lots of clear pictures. :yes: Usually always make more than I bought it for. You'd be amazed at what a clear and detailed description/pictures gets you.

I didnt miss anything, already have GA's for both nights. Just keeping an eye out for possible deals for friends

im bidding on GA's for AZ as we speak and winning so back off motherfuckers..........just kidding............but seriously bid and your going to have another accident. :wink:

we can swoop in as well, it's called sniping, and we can do it too. I look for what is coming up in the hours I'm online, and I set a reminder.

Hey at this point ebay is an option. I want a GA for the 1st Staples show BUT they aren't selling singles and a pair is sooooo freaking expensive!:mad: They are way more $ than the Elevation tix!

Why is Glendale so "cheap" on e-bay?

GA's are going for $100-$125. Maybe a little higher in some cases.

Anyway, much lower than ANY other city. I can't figure it out. Maybe I live in a cheap city.

Soooo for those of you that can't find reasonable priced tickets Glendale is the place to look.

Mark in Phoenix

Well, first off, I don't think as many people from out of town are going to be coming to Phoenix, as there are going to some of the other cities. And it also seems like a lot more GA's for the Vancouver, Seattle, and Phoenix sales went to fans, rather than ticket brokers. Don't get me wrong, still a ton of them went to scalpers, but it seems like a lot more fans got them, as opposed to the shows that went on sale first.

I managed to get a pair to the second night for $200.

Phx 27,

Glendale is still a lot cheaper than Vancouver or Seattle. But I hear ya-I'm sure L.A., NY, BOS, etc...have a lot of out of towners.

No luck trading as I've been wanting to trade my Glendale 1 GA's for Seattle 1. So I've been watching e-bay very closely in Seattle. Have another pair for 4/15 here.

Glad this rain stopped (at least at my house)!

Mark--in Glendale (not Phoenix)

yeah, the phoenix area is a little isolated away from all the other large cities most folks go to. i would suspect that national scalpers went apeshit and bought up large amounts of tickets for the glendale shows only to find that the demand isn't quite what they thought it would be.
i know many instances of friends walking up to a show the night of the performance and paying scalpers less than face value just cause the scalper doesn't want to be left holding tons of unsold seats.
best example? friend of mine showed up at the david bowie show at the dodge about 5 minutes after macy gray had taken the stage... he got a 6th row ticket for $20.
so, i'd suggest anyone who doesn't want to pay out the wazoo on ebay, just show up to glendale arena the night of one of the shows... they won't be cheap early on, but by the time kings of leon are about to go on, prices will drop through the floor.
good luck.

i just got two GA's on ebay this afternoon. now i have GA's to the thursday, two kick ass seats to friday and to leftover tickets for friday i have to sell. for once life is good.

Phoenix is so cheap because the Phoenix area has a small population plus since it does not have alot of high paying jobs, the price/demand for tickets for Glendale is low.

Super Fan,

Phoenix is now the 5th largest city in the country. I don't think that qualifies as a "small" population.

I think it does have a lot to do with the fact that they are playing 12 shows along the west coast and that's where the bulk of people are seeing them.

Still surprised not to see Dallas or anywhere in TX on this leg.

Mark in Glendale
Home of the 2008 Super Bowl
Home of the Phoenix Coyotes

Actually, Phoenix has a large population. It just surpassed Philadelphia as the 5th largest in the U.S. There are tons of people living here, mostly all are transplants.

Like stated above, it has more to do with travelling logistics. There are more cities to choose from on the west coast for a traveller. The supply and demand out east and in the midwest is out of wack.

The scalpers are gonna focus on the big money makers - Chicago, NY, Boston. Phoenix is an afterthought. I managed to buy a pair of 4/14 GA's for $175 on e-bay. I'm not complaining...

If anyone wants to trade a PHX2 GA, for a PHX1 GA, let me know...I have a pair, and want to see them both nights if I'm going out there...

fuck e-bay... i live in new york so i have a limit on how much i can pay for MSG tickets... tickets to the show in my own damn city, and i can't even bid 300 bucks for one of them, because it exceeds the limit as set forth by new york state, but someone from frickin jersey can swoop in and buy it for whatever they want. suck my nuts.

Back
Top Bottom