MERGED--> eBay Complaints for 3rd Leg Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
ebay

[rant]this sucks. i'm trying to bid on GA's, and they're actually at a reasonable price. but everytime i bid, i get an automatic message saying that i've already been outbid. wtf!

i just want a fucking ticket.:mad: [/rant]

If you are not going to pay at leas $300 you are out in the auctions I checked almost all GA's auctions and are going for that amount sometimes more than $300 is what the people are spending in general.

I had thought about bidding on a ticket for a second show, but even crappy seats are going for $250 in most of the places I'd consider (mainly Boston and Chicago). And every time I've been outbid, it's been by a broker, or at least someone who's realized that hosting auctions for U2 tickets is a hell of a lot more profitable than hosting one for doorknobs.

For some reason, it looks like Glendale and Denver are going a little more cheaply than others. Those dates don't work for me because of my teaching schedule, but if they work for you, check them out.

Good luck!

People who bid up really high annoy me. They are letting scalpers reap the cost and screwing over their fellow U2 fans at the same time. I guess they really want those tickets.

find the GA's with a buy it now price that is good and buy them immediately when you see it. Bidding is not the best way to go when tickets are in demand as much as these, do the thing where you can see all the buy it nows. Some of them have been at non-gouging prices.

and you need to check it all the time. I often got front row seats or 2nd row for concerts at better prices when I would check first thing in the morning for buy it nows.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are some dirt cheap (well, around $160) GA's for Chicago on Bono's birthday, as well as reasonably priced tickets for Glendale, Vancouver, and Seattle. The east coast shows are all ridiculously expensive, though.

Hmmm...to be with Bono on this birthday, or to not be with Bono on his birthday...:shrug:

ascender_RS said:
is there a problem with selling tickets on eBay if you just ask for face value?

i don't think so, i sold a san diego seat at face value with buy it now an it sold within 12 hours.

ascender_RS said:
is there a problem with selling tickets on eBay if you just ask for face value?

I doubt it -- especially if you are in cost recovery mode.

Anybody else notice that there are an awful lot of auctions, but very little bidding? Take out the Buy It Now stuff, and it looks to me like buyers are waiting for prices to come down.

BTW -- if you are bidding, ask if the buyer has the TM confirmation -- tickets can get 'removed' from the system if they are reported lost or stolen. Use a credit card, and don't get burned!

Please people! Come here and demand a premium member or someone with at least 100 posts to buy your tickets at face value. On ebay a scalper WILL by those tickets up at face just to profit a couple of bucks if thats all it can get.

Not ALL people got GA's as most have used their codes for the 1st leg.

That is so fucked up. Here we are sweating it out because we actually want our tickets, (I wouldn't give these MSG tickets up for anything), and there are obviously Prop members who are just out to make a buck.

Well, since this presale will be scrutinized by Ticketmaster and u2.com maybe they will get their tickets cancelled.

The same scrutiny that was used the first time around - I know of someone (believe me not me, wish it was) who tomorrow will have 3 sets of tickets off the same U2.com subscription due to TM and U2's "scrutiny".

If you don't think there were brokers who were Propaganda members than I have some great land to sell you in Baghdad.

Will these people get 4 figures per GA ticket for the fall - no. Will brokers with Wall Street clients make a killing on the Fall MSG shows - absolutely.

Lets not forget either that a 40 year old making a good living now probably saw U2 on the War tour and can afford brokers prices rather than try and navigate TM themselves.

It may be my imagination (or wishful thinking), but it appears to me that bidding on ebay has cooled this week, perhaps in anticipation of this weekend's sales for the fall leg.

im glad everything went well in the presale, but I have to wait to the gen. sale. I dont think it will be as easy to grab MSG GA tickets.

Yes, but this time as it says on the ticketmaster site they are withholding all tickets until member status is verified. That is also what people who have called ticketmaster were told. So it looks like there will be more scrutinity than the 1st presale (where there was obviously none.)

There's obviously a way to do, (i.e. the scrutiny in the UK where plenty of people have had tickets cancelled).

Agreed, but the only scrutiny I think will be against a list of Prop members, not if people are reselling them.

I went to Morris Hills actually, so I know a few people from Denville from the Morris Knolls connection. I'm at UPENN now though.

if you put it on EBAY for face a tout will buy it ... try selling here or zootopia first. For the good of the fan community.

Re: MSG already on Ebay

njelevation06 said:
Boy will these guys feel stupid when they find out we all just got GA's for 54 bucks!! :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6517309148&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This guy is selling them for $1300 each!! TOUT!

Ticket scalpers are gonna have a harder time this go around...u2 was so smart to do this.

1) The longstanding fans are getting seats this time around with the presale and will not need to go to ebay for tickets.

2) This will cause the ticket prices to drop because the more casual fans who are not enrolled in u2.com will NOT pay such ridiculous mark up.

3) Fans that did not get tickets through the presale or this weekend general sale will probably wait until the end of the summer to buy their tickets. Why spend the money 8 months in advance when you can save up?...So the ticket scalpers will have to spend money now and make no profit for months...That is good for us.

4) It will also drop the prices for the first leg, since people know that they can wait 'til the fall to see u2 instead. No need to fork over huge amounts of money now.

YAY for U2!

Back
Top Bottom