MERGED--> Chicago DVD: Which songs from which nite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
Which songs on DVD are from which shows ?

Which songs on the DVD are from which shows ? If it has already been posted, sorry, but I didn't catch it.

nurse chrissi said:
Miracle Drug is for sure from the May 9th show

Thanks. I know that Elevation, Sometimes..., Yahweh and 40 are from May 9 as well.

I attended the show on the 10th and I know that An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Mysterious Ways, and Original of the Species are from that show. I can also say that Elevation, Miracle Drug, Sometimes..., are from the 9th since I can't remember Bono saying any of the things he said on the DVD during those songs. Yahweh and 40 are from the 9th as well since they did not play those on the 10th.

'electric co' (or at least the end part of it) is from the 10th- i can see myself in the audience. :reject:

ending of 'beautiful day' is from the 10th too ('beautiful day, on my birthday...')

end of COBL, when bono's lying on the stage, is from the 10th.

'an cat dubh' definitely from the 10th

they seem to have done a lot of splicing between the 2 shows.

*Ally* said:
'electric co' (or at least the end part of it) is from the 10th- i can see myself in the audience. :reject:

ending of 'beautiful day' is from the 10th too ('beautiful day, on my birthday...')

so are you saying just the ending of COBL is from the 10th ?

*Ally* said:

Yeah, there's a ton of splicing even within the same song. Good call on "City of Blinding Lights"--it's actually from both nights, I think. Everybody else has been right, as well; it's been a long time, and I'm not so sure about some of the other stuff.

The poor kid who gets to hang with Bono during the worst-ever performance of "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" was the kid from May 10. Giddyup.

Anybody else have anything to add on any of the other tunes? I'm a bit curious if any other same-song switcheroos can be found.

Queen Bee said:

:hmm: I heard the Miracle Drug speech is from the 9th but the performance is from the 10th.

the speech is definitely from the 9th, bono used it to counter the negative press about the show on the 7th and wouldnt stop babbling :blahblah:

not sure about the performance though

ok i just listened to the mp3 of miracle drug from the 9th, the speech was actually longer than it was on the DVD, 3:45 :huh: thats an extra song they could play if bono wasnt :blahblah:

the speech for one is from the 10th

Last edited:
Chicago DVD: Which songs from which nite?

(There are SO many forums here, I have *no clue* if I'm posting this in the right place or not. Just tell me where to go if I'm in the wrong spot.)

As May 10 in Chicago was my 1st U2 concert, I really want to be able to know which songs from the DVD are from "my" show. I have my inklings here & there, but do we *know* which songs are from which show?

I don't think we'll ever know. Some songs are edited, some are spliced from both nights, some use the music from one night with the footage from the other night; just pretend the whole thing was your show.

typhoon said:
I don't think we'll ever know. Some songs are edited, some are spliced from both nights, some use the music from one night with the footage from the other night
I'm most concerned with the song. I figured they'd do the splicing w/the video, sadly.

If you shout... said:

Yeah, there's a ton of splicing even within the same song. Good call on "City of Blinding Lights"--it's actually from both nights, I think. Everybody else has been right, as well; it's been a long time, and I'm not so sure about some of the other stuff.

The poor kid who gets to hang with Bono during the worst-ever performance of "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart" was the kid from May 10. Giddyup.

Anybody else have anything to add on any of the other tunes? I'm a bit curious if any other same-song switcheroos can be found.

Why would they splice the same song? And also... What made that performance so bad?

they should of just taped one show and have only showed one show

It's annoying not knowing what your seeing

Zooropa1310 said:

Why would they splice the same song? And also... What made that performance so bad?
Maybe the video footage was better for some moments so that they spliced it for a better result.

Chizip said:

ok i just listened to the mp3 of miracle drug from the 9th, the speech was actually longer than it was on the DVD, 3:45 :huh: thats an extra song they could play if bono wasnt :blahblah:

And if he really wanted to talk so much before Miracle Drug couldn't he at least have made one of his good speeches on the tour?. The one on the DVD is creepy and sucks :yuck:

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
You can't even see any damn interferencers with the damn camera flying around! :angry:

Yep, I was disappointed in that, too. It might not mean that much to the rest of the world, though. :wink:

Hmmmm......why all the dicing and splicing? I enjoy the dvd just the same. I do have to say that there's a very big and clear pic of a friend of mine from Toronto in the book that comes with the deluxe edition and he wasn't even at any of the Chicago shows!!! :lol:

speaking of bono's birthday, did he also say it was his daughter, jordan's bday on same day, 10th may??? It's my daughter's bday then too. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom