MERGED-->Bono/U2 in San Diego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
U2 in San Diego?

I was driving home and a friend called me and said 'Bono is downtown, it’s on the radio'. So I tuned in and he was supposedly at 'Sammies' something. I wasn’t far away so I went down. It was nuts. Cops, streets closed, jaywalkers and I drove past the restaurant - packed. I didn’t attempt to park and go in. Anyway, apparently some guy called in and said that he was in the bathroom of this place and Bono took a pee next to him. People called in and one person who 'reads the web' (must be this site), said the band were in Vancouver rehearsing, but then another guy called and said he works for a guitar company here in SD and U2 are rehearsing in Rosarito, staying in San Diego and commuting via helicopter.
Mind you, this is the same dam station that played '51st State', so make of it what you will.

Bono Is San Diego Right Now!!!

FYI, bono has been seen in the Gaslamp district in San Diego at a local pub drinking with fans and taking pictures. It seems like he will be down there for most of the night! HURRY AND GET DOWN THERE!!

hmmm, did he fly down there? This is the second post about this and I saw him with my own eyes in Vancouver at about 2 pm.

I could be totally wrong here, but honestly if he was just driving into the arena in Vancouver around 2 pm. I would assume to rehearse, then it isn't likely that he made it down to San Diego that night.

Also wasn't there a story last week about a girl who got Bono's autograph somewhere in San Diego, but it ended up being a fake Bono? I know Bono is all for fans and he does sign autographs and all that, but I don't think he would just go somewhere to hang out with fans for the hell of it. Although that would be cool!:wink:

But truly I think it is the same fake Bono we have on our hands.

Take it from someone with first hand experience -
a person doesn`t have to be a complete deadringer for Bono to fool the masses. Put on those glasses with the right haircut and voila - you`ve got people following you down the street.

Only the hardcores like us know about the scar on his chin, his voice, etc

Fake Edge is selling cotton candy in Mission Beach. A real prick from what I hear, doesn't have change for a $20.

cmb737 said:
Fake Edge is selling cotton candy in Mission Beach. A real prick from what I hear, doesn't have change for a $20.

Fake Larry has two words for him.

U2FanPeter said:
I met Bono after Friday's Vancouver rehearsal, at 2AM.

U2FP

Perhaps he flew down, had a pint with some underage Marines in the gaslamp, posed for pictures, spoke with the local media, then flew back to meet fans who thought he was rehearsing all night.

Anyway, the wife is cooking him beans and toast currently. He has a nasty head.

Back
Top Bottom