MERGED--> Are tickets still being sold the day of the show? MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Who has bought tickets the day of show?

I want to get an idea of what is available.

I'm looking to go with a friend on May 7, and just hoping to get some $45 seated tickets (if anyone has some that aren't behind the stage, by all means email me (gdow at purdue dot edu)). Will there PROBABLY be some distributed on the day of the show? Anyone bought tickets like this?

i've only been to 1 show so far on this leg- SD1. they released a bunch of tickets the morning of the show... i'd get there early though, b/c the box office line can be pretty long. good luck! :up:

if anyone else has more info, i'd really appreciate it- planning to wait out by the MSG box office on 5/21... thanks!!!

They have released tickets at every show. Try Ticketmaster around 10 AM local the day of the show and you will get some. Might not be exactly what you want, but these shows (and most shows) are never really sold out. There are always tickets available. 3pm is a good time to start staking out the Box Office, unless there are already people in line. Every venue will be different. Chicago will most likely not be as easy as say Denver was. I got an extra GA from the Box Office with no line, just walked up and bought it at 1:30.

May 7, slight...Denver 1 had only 10 GA's released day of the show, about 25 for Denver 2. My guess is you will, however, find that some flippin amazing seats right next to the stage will be released once the load in is done.

Here's what happened for me....

Took the train down to the venue and arrived at about 12:30. We were about 20th in line, and the night before they only released about 20 GAs or so. SO my friend and I waited in line for four and half hours or so, walked around (with our stuff in line), got some food, and even saw Bono drive in. We went back a half hour before the box office opened. You wanna find out what time the venue's box office opens, and get there quite a bit earlier. There were at least 100 people inline once it opened. I have no clue how many got tickets. They were selling $160 and $49 seated tickets, but no GAs yet. Apparently they sell all the seated first, and then they give out available GAs. THe person in the box office told us we should just go for the seated, because she had no clue if there would be any GAs or not, and we'd have to go to the back of the line and wait again. Only $49 tickets were last row in the arena, behind the stage. We took those, and the seats were fine. I think that it depends on the venue though. So just get there as early as possible, and good luck! :)

For the arizona shows we drove from northern california to arizona with no tickets....talked to some scalpers and got great seats....the second night we got ga's and we were really close to the ramp. I think you have a good chance of just showing up and talking to people.

TM.com had some efffin amazing $95 tickets for Denver two the afternoon before the show...I wanted to throw up...I had already committed to playing in a band that night and I was the only drummer available...damn damn damn damn damn I hope they add a third leg show.

I got a pair of uppers back of the arena (facing the band) the morning of the 4/21 show in Denver off Ticketmaster. $49.50 tix. Good view of the light/screen show.

While picking up tickets at the will call in seattle, day of the show, there were a couple people in line looking to buy tickets. This was pretty late and at that time they had $95 and $160 tickets available. Don't know where they were located.

Are tickets still being sold the day of the show?

I recall reading that for the first few shows people purchased tickets the morning of the show at the arena ticket office. Is this still going on and should it be expected for the rest of the tour?

Thanks for the advice!

When we got there yestarday at 2 there was a lineup at TM so i am guessing they still didnt release them by that time so your right i would imaging they release more tickets sometime in the afternoon!

That is what I figured. I went to one of the Boston shows on the Elevation tour and bought an excellent ticket around noon time.

It seems this is much better way to get tickets than going through Ebay and getting ripped off and scammed at the same time (that's what happened to me).

Thanks!

Hey nicholsfornixon

Local time:
05-01-2005 01:50 AM

04-27-2005 08:22 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought 2 GAs at about 3:45 on the day of Seattle 1.

was this Online or in person at the venue/tm location or lastly
the dreaded phoneline??
Boston

I was in the ticket drop line for seattleII, vanI and vanII.

They were dropping large blocks of tickets on non-event days. 225 GA tickets were dropped for 4/25 the day before late afternoon. All of the vancouver drop for 4/29 occured on Monday morning(25th)

For the entire drop line, SeattleI got about 80 tickets, VanI got about 50 and VanII got about 30.

Seattle shows had scalper tickets going for under face value out front(excluding GAs and excellent 160s) Vancouver it was $200 to get in the door first night and $300 the second. A good 400 people were left without tickets for VanII. 20mins into the U2 show they were still going for $250ea - auction style.

I had to actually gatecrash Van II because I couldn't otherwise get inside. A security guard helped me find a vacant seat for the second half of the show.

I found it quite odd, the discrepency in ticket demand for 2 cities that are only 2.5 hours drive away from one another.

U2FP

wow great post
Hoping on the drop in Boston
Do you think any of above was preceded by an all out release and that's why it was so slim the day of?

Question to the people who bought tickets the day of the concert

For those of you who were able to get tickets at the BO of the venue the day of the concert. At what time they started selling the tickets??

Thanks!

I picked up 2 GA's at 5:30p.m. on saturday for the Philly show that night. So 2 hours before show started got GA's. This was at the box office.

HJ

Oh lord... Is there some sort of detox program for this?

I just realized I can travel this weekend for $250.00 to Philly (plus car since it is actually cheaper with a car than just the flight) where a friend has an apt. he is currently not using... I could just take the train into NYC and try to get a tix. for saturday and try for Philly on Sunday and fly back in on Monday in time to get to work...

*Goes off to check finances*

Yes, I was able to get 8th row for Philly a little before 2pm on-line. I was suprised when I got to the arena there were quit a few tickets floating around the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom