MERGED-->Anyone taking their kids to the concert? + Who's bringing their kids ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annej5

The Fly
Anyone taking their kids to the concert?

Is anyone planning to take their kids to the concerts? I have a 13 year old and a 10 year old. My 13 year old is definately going but my 10 year old might be overwhelmed as I plan on being on the floor again. Any advice? :)

I took my son to the show in Los Angeles in 2001 and he was 8 years old then...we actually were in the heart and he was able to sit on the railing for most of the show. He loved it. Wore earplugs for part of the show. It might be hard to see unless you were upfront though. Also, the show is going to be in the round this time.

I'm 14 and I'm *hoping* to get in when they play here this fall. I'm actually glad they've delayed the Southeastern leg...hopefully they can get themselves together before tickets go on sale for the 3rd leg. (Of course, I still don't stand much of a chance, because I never bothered paying 40 bucks for a presale...glad I didn't now!)

We were in the heart last tour and all I did was go to a ticketmaster outlet very early the morning they went on sale. I was able to get 3 GA tickets no problem :) I then stood in line all day the day of the concert and made it almost to the front of the stage. I was standing right near Adam.

I wouldn't do this, but my 17th month old boy and 4 year old daughter love U2. We watch either Slane Castle, Live in Boston or Rattle & Hum every night. Can't even get my 17th month old son interested in anything for a kid like Elmo, Barnie, etc. He only wants Ooooh Tuuu! Couldn't be prouder. I didn't even try to brainwash them this early.

If I could I'd take my 10 and 8 year olds. They both love HTDAAB and other older stuff. My 10 year old is begging me to take her, but my wife is insisting she's too young. I dunno, I'm a freer spirit than she is, but she rules the roost....:ohmy:

This thought did flitter across my mind that my 5 year old loves U2, especially Bono. But I don't really think it is appropriate for her...yet. Maybe if the concert were at Shoreline Ampetheater where there was a grassy knoll area for sitting on, but not the HP Pavillion.

I am worried about the pushing and shoving to get into the arena for GA. During the Elevation concert we were tightly packed together for a quite a while to get into the door. I am not sure if my 10 year old could handle it. Although if I take my 13 year old and not my 10 year old war will be declared in my home.

my parents took me to my first concert in 1983. I was 11. My brother was 9. It was Bob Seger in Memphis. Definitely an experience for an 11 year old. Love having that memory though. It didn't scare me too much.

3429%3A%3C4323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3DXROQDF%3E2323762%3B69473ot1lsi

anne-

take them both.
bono loves kids.

have fun.:)

db9

I'm taking mine (12yrs)

We won't be in GA, although deep in my heart I'd just love to be. I'm too old (and too short!) for that all that and she's too young, I feel. :(

Earplugs could be the go too, for their young ears.

Anyway I'd be worried that I'd forget all about her once Bono appeared and lose her! LOL (joking... really!)

Whatever you do... have a great time!

Well today as we were driving my 5 year old mentioned she's never "seen" Bono...I told her one day. I'd like to take her when she is older, but I think I'll get seats and not GA. 5 and she is already asking to see him. I'm so proud!

nope,I want to have fun not worry if they are being trampled on.

GA not a chance,seats I probably would though.

lol very cute stories keep them coming i love that oooooh tuuuu thing that is adorable lol bringing up another generation to love U2! I am impressed by your musical taste VertigoGal I was about your age when I got into U2 too!

My three year old daughter would love it.

Maybe when she's older I'll take her along..

She calls Bono "Rock and Roll"

I am taking my 9 & 14 year old daughters. Only in reserved seating though. GA is too intense and they wouldn't be able to see. They are both big fans and know the words to every song on the new album already. My 9 year old came home from school last month and said "Mom you wont believe this but my friends dont even know who Bono is!!"

I took them to see Sheryl Crow on New Years in Las Vegas a couple years ago. We were right in front of the stage and my youngest couldnt see and the crowd was getting a bit pushy. One of the guys on stage pulled her up with them so she could see and not get crunched. She thought that was pretty cool, especially when people came up to her after the show and said, "Hey I saw you dancing on stage!"

So I say take them, get reserved seats and stand up and dance!

I'm taking my mom to her first ever U2 concert. :happy:

I say take them, people should be very considerate of your children and I've seen pics of many kids being in GA. That'll be an incredible experience for them! :up:

I have 2 boys 6 and 9. While they like watching my U2 dvd's I wouldn't want to chance bringing them to a U2 concert. They don't like things very loud and even though they have ear muff protection, I would definitly not want to have to leave half way through the show if they begged me to leave. Not willing to take that chance. If I do take them to a concert for the first time, it would have to be someone I don't care too much about, that way if you do have to leave halfway through it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm trying to take my little brother, who's 13, partly to make up that my older brothers didn't take me to POPMart when I was around the same age (the bastards!). I need more than two tickets to do it, though, because my older brother and I were hoping to take him together.

If I leave my 10 year old at home this time she won't get a chance to see them until she is 13 or 14. I guess it depends on whether I get GA or not. I better get GA though! After being so close last time I won't settle for anything less. :)

Take your kids. I took my eldest girl to see Pop when she was 12. This time they're both coming, along with my brother, sister and 2 of our cousins. What can I say...the whole family are U2 geeks!

I asked my son (age 10) if he wanted to go:

Dad: Do you want to see U2 live in concert?

Son: Depends, what are they playing?

Needless to say, I don't think I'll fork over $$$ to take him.

If my dh can't (he coaches a spring sport), my soon-to-be 16 yo ds said he'd go with me. I'm turning him into a U2 fan little by little. :wink:

BTW, he could pass for a young Larry Mullen Jr.

If you want to take your kid on the Vertigo Tour, it'll probably cost them the money you have saved for their college. :|

Stuck in a moment...

I am torn on this issue. My daughter is only 6. She absolutely loves U2. She's always coming to find me if they're on TV or the radio screaming "Daddy, our favorite band is on now!"

She got truly hooked on BD, and loved the Elevation show from Boston. Slane, however, forced her to learn all the right stereo & DVD buttons, so she could watch and listen whenever she wanted to. I always come into the room ready to ask her to turn it down, but her dancing and singing along to "Out of Control" or some other classic makes me just take a seat and watch, too.

So, I have been contemplating seats safely away from any ruckus, but that's a risk you take even at a relatively tame U2 concert.

Advice or Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm taking my 18-year-old son. He's never been to a U2 show, and I've been to several. I took my wife to one show at the Worcester Centrum years ago (Joshua Tree). My son thinks the 'Streets' performance from any of the DVDs (pick one) rules. We particularly like the Super Bowl performance because the Patriots won that game.

Our tickets this time are Section 308 for Boston 2. Not anywhere near 'choice' seats, but if the metrics coming from Europe are any indication, I think I'm just pleased to be going.

Chris in NH

Back
Top Bottom