MERGED-->Anyone taking their kids to the concert? + Who's bringing their kids ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We took our son Jonathan when he was a little over 5 to one of the Chicago shows in 2001. We had tickets in the second row along the heart. Bono saw him and waved once during Elevation. We did have a sign though that we made: "This is My First Concert!" He promptly fell asleep after about four songs. Didn't wake up until after the show!! He still talks about what he saw though!

I went to Elevation with my dad when I was 12...of course I've been a U2 fan since I was 9, so yeah. This time I'm going with my best bud Alec and dropping the parental units...hopin' to score GA tix tomorrow, 'cause last time I was in seats, which is all good and fine when you're 12, but even then I wanted some Bono action (I mean that in the most pure way ever :angel: )...let me tell you I was hella jealous of the like 30 girls pulled on stage for Mysterious Ways. This time I'm getting close to the band.

For all the people taking their kids, that's awesome! My 5 year old little sister went to see Hillary Duff and really enjoyed it, so I think if she got the chance she'd enjoy a U2 concert as well... both she and my 7 year old brother love Vertigo and know practically all the words. She also likes Party Girl (probably because she thinks of herself as a party girl :p). My lil bro sings along when I play Sunday Bloody Sunday on guitar... but for the people that REALLY have their kids hooked on U2, that is great. Get 'em started early!

Who's bringing their kids ?

My 16 and 12 year olds are coming along for the first time..

Bringing a 10 & 7 year old. The 10 year old went to Elevation at MSG when he was 6. They both are big fans and have been performing U2 songs at variety shows for 3 years. We have really crappy seats and I'm just hoping they can see and are not blocked by people in front of them.

my son is 5 months old, so no, he's not coming.

Perhaps, 2 tours from now, when he's like 10.

but he will get a steady dose of U2 concert dvds and plenty of U2 throughout the house as long as he lives under my roof.:wink:

I'm bringing my 19 yo son (he'll be 20 by the concert date). My 16 and 7 yo sons are staying home with dad.

My older son is 19 now and reading the story of oooooh tuuuuu reminded me the time when he was about 2 (around JT era, anyway) and asked about his favourite music he would say "U2". I reminded it to him when he was 15 and got really interested in U2. Old habits die hard, eh?

I'm taking my 8 year old daughter but my husband is looking after the 5 year old, who would love to go as she is a U2 fanatic too(totally brainwashed from birth!) but is too young. We are going to Twickenham in good seats. She has no idea yet, I am doing this for her birthday present in April. I have booked a nice hotel and we will spend a couple of "girlie" days together in London. I am going to put an "invitation" into her birthday card detailing what we are going to do - she will be so thrilled.

My son wants to go and dress like Edge!

My son will be 7 when U2 come to Seattle. He has a shirt that has a 7 on it like edge wore during elevation..along with a black skull cap! He is also quite tall for his age..so he just looks like a little Edge. His dream is to learn to play guitar.

I know he would love to join me at the show, but I only have one ticket! But since it is a GA, I'm hoping to snag another and take him along. I think he would be fine in GA. I think most u2 fans would be respectful and not smush him!!

My friend and I are taking our kids (both 9) to OPENING NIGHT! We have seats, though...would be too worried about GA (and listening to them whine while waiting ALL day!) They are excited...wondering if they realize how lucky they really are!!!!

I am taking my 11- year old son to both San Diego shows.. Ga the first night and seats the second...He is really excited...He was fortunate to meet both Adam and the Edge in 2001 and can't wait to see them in concert...

I think GA will be fine for an 11 year old...probably as young as 9 for GA would be my personal cut - off...I don't think any younger could handle all the standing...

I can't wait to share this experience with my son...It will be something we both will look back on for years to come.

I'm taking my 12 year old daughter. My 13 year old son doesn't want to go. :ohmy: I told him if he changed his mind we'd try for the 3rd leg. My 4 year old son wants to go, but I think he's too young. I would hate to have to pay attention to him if his mind wanders!

During the Elevation tour, I had one extra ticket and had to decide which child to take. Then, I had to come home and explain to my son who was left behind that he missed a concert of a lifetime for our family.

My daughter and I wanted GA, but ended up with seats. She envisioned roller blading like I told her diamond's daughters did during the Elevation GA. :laugh: I'm thankful we are going and plan on visiting the GA line anyhow.

I agree with LuminousTimes, age 9 sounds like a good cut off for GA - but every kid is different.

Unless, mine (2 aged 4 and 2) are teenagers I would NEVER take them to a show. You have to be willing to keep your eyes of them for so long.

Then there is the issue of the bathroom. It could be Streets. It could be your child. It could be you standing there saying "why me?".

Shouldn't you feel "care free" at a u2 concert which only happens every 4-5 years now? Why would you set yourself up for the possible setbacks? There is no feeling like sharing something this big. It is wonderful. But are you going to be okay with a bathroom break in the middle of your favorite song?

Gave my 16 year old daughter 3 tix for Anaheim for her birthday so she is taking 2 friends. Also taking my 12 year old son.

softhackle said:
my parents took me to my first concert in 1983. I was 11. My brother was 9. It was Bob Seger in Memphis. Definitely an experience for an 11 year old. Love having that memory though. It didn't scare me too much.

My first concert ever was Bob Seger, too! I think I was about 8 years old around then...and my parents took me to the concert, since we all loved him. Good fun.

But, anyway, I'm 14...and I'll be there in Philly!

Back
Top Bottom