MERGED --> Anyone receive an email today (monday)? + My Email has arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamgirl

The Fly
Anyone receive an email today (monday)?

Was there supposed to have been an email sent out today to people with unused pre-sale codes or people who are former propaganda members with info on the upcoming presales? I thought I saw something to that effect in one of the recent news stories on U2.com about the upcoming third leg.

Has anyone received an email yet?

I hope they send it tonight. I might need to reschedule some things at work depending on what day the presale is (I'm hoping to go to the Minneapolis show so my presale will more than likely be this week), plus I need to let my boss know I'm taking some time off that day.

Does anyone have a fear that there might not be one sent out at all? Probably due to another Fanfire screwup. Sorry, but I haven't had very much faith in fan fire lately becaue of my own recent experiences with them.

Someone I know (Shono!!) just spoke with someone at Fanfire and they said that because they're on Pacific time (they're in Calif. ) there's still heaps of time to send it out. Also - she mentionned that the email will go first to Propaganda members to ensure they get it in time and they they may wait until tomorrow to send it to non-Propaganda members.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Someone I know (Shono!!) just spoke with someone at Fanfire and they said that because they're on Pacific time (they're in Calif. ) there's still heaps of time to send it out. Also - she mentionned that the email will go first to Propaganda members to ensure they get it in time tomorrow and they may wait until tomorrow to send it to non-Propaganda members.

Wow, thank's for that info.

Okay not to sound dumb but which shows go on sale tomorrow?

I did notice in the screen for tour info my code (which I used) was listed under pre-sale code. Don't know if it means anything or not but was wondering if any one else's is.

partygirl33 said:
I'm still waiting..do we know yet which cities are on sale tomorrow???

Not from what I can tell. I checked ticketmasters website because I'm intreested in Minneapolis and Omaha and saw an general onsale date for the 19th for Omaha so I presume that presale is next week. I couldn't find anything for Minneapolis, not even on Target Centers website.

youtwohearts said:
Okay not to sound dumb but which shows go on sale tomorrow?

I did notice in the screen for tour info my code (which I used) was listed under pre-sale code. Don't know if it means anything or not but was wondering if any one else's is.

I haven't used my code yet, and that's what it looks like for me, too. Although, I've seen a few other people say that they've used their codes, but it still shows up - so they probably won't work (if they do, I'll be so PO'd since I've been sitting on mine for what seems like forever).

But not sure what cities go on sale tomorrow. I thought logically that it'd be the first 15 or 16 cities on the 3rd leg, but I don't see Chicago or Milwaukee up there yet, so who knows?! :banghead:

if people are saying that their code shows up still then they must be prop members. They are the only ones who are getting their codes reactivated if they used them in the first leg presale.

Are you guys talking about the email that starts like this, called "Vertigo//2005 update: New Fall Tour" :

"
It's official!

On Monday the new North American dates for U2's Vertigo//2005 tour will be announced. The tour will stay in North America right up to the end of 2005.

As promised in Larry's letter last month, we have worked to improve the system, to look after former Propaganda subscribers and those U2.Com Subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets for the tour. This will still be on a first come, first served basis and though we can't guarantee that you'll get the ticket you're looking for, this time remember you'll only be competing for tickets against other U2.com members who didn't buy during the first pre-sale." ... yada yada yada

Or, are they sending out a separate email? Because I received that on Saturday night.

<-- probably not much of a help

Just got off the phone with fanfire ("U2.com" said the lady when she answered the phone) that the emails for former propaganda members and subscribers with unused pre-sale codes are being sent out throughout the night. So here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Those people from Fanfire must be regretting the day they lobbied to get the U2.com business.

I wonder if they ever imagined U2 fans were this obsessed. :lol:

Didn't you know that most of them probably have their heads stuck up their rears and have a bunch of air stuck in between their ears. Sorry, bad experiences with fanfire the last few months that finally got straightened out on friday.

I can understand U2 wanting to do everything with the website with it being easier and time wise plus with the age we now live in. However, I still miss the old Propaganda and actually liked getting the magazines and stuff associated with it.

I just refreshed the homepage on U2.com and my code is back in the login/message box with this message "Your Unique Presale Code to buy tickets for the Fall Leg of 'Vertigo Tour' is" It also has a couple links that aren't really active yet.

If you check the ticketmaster.com website and type in u2, you will see which dates will be on sale beginning tomorrow. I would imagine that those dates not listed will be on sale next week?

Hope that helps.

I didn't see any onsale dates on Ticketmaster except for Omaha which is listed on their site as being in my area when Minneapolis is actually a half hour to hour closer than Omaha. Anyway I was visiting www.targetcenter.com in Minneapolis and I know it's an error on their part but thought it was funny that they have show time and doors being open listed as 12 AM.

My Email has arrived

Check your inboxes.

Dear "Your Name Here: U2.com Subscriber (and former Propaganda subscriber)

Today U2 have announced details of 33 more shows in North America
between September and December this year.

As explained in our email on Friday, as a former Propaganda subscriber
who bought tickets in the earlier presale, we are now reenabling your
presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS
for one of the shows in the Fall leg.

THIS IS YOUR UNIQUE PRESALE CODE
ZZZZZZZ

(You will also find your code in the red box on the right hand side of
the home page of the Subscribers site when you log in.)

There will be two sets of presales. Tuesday March 8th - Thursday March
10th Tuesday March 15th - Thursday March 17th

Each day, presales run from 10am to 10pm local time.

At the end of this email is a list of the 33 Fall shows indicating which
shows are included in which presales and a list of FAQ's on the presale.
Once you know what show you want to buy tickets for, make sure to check
the schedule to learn which presale to take part in.

Follow this link to Ticketmaster to buy your tickets (all events will be
listed before the presales begin).
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365?brand=u2

Please note: Be sure to make your purchase on the Tuesday of each
presale, when only former Propaganda subscribers are eligible to take
part. You will have much greater choice at all venues than you would on
the Wednesdays and Thursdays of the presales when other U2.Com
Subscribers will also be buying tickets.

As explained earlier, we have worked to improve the presale system to
look after former Propaganda subscribers and those U2.Com Subscribers
who have not yet been able to buy tickets for the tour. This will still
be on a first come, first served basis and though we can't guarantee
that you'll get the ticket you're looking for, this new system should
enable as many subscribers as possible to get tickets for the new shows.

Thanks again for your support, see you on the road

Best wishes
The U2.Com Team.

Concerts for Pre Sale - Week 1 (Tuesday March 8th - Thursday March 10th)

Sept. 20 Chicago United Center
Sept. 21 Chicago United Center
Oct. 03 Boston Fleet Center
Oct. 04 Boston Fleet Center
Oct. 07 New York Madison Square Garden
Oct. 08 New York Madison Square Garden
Oct. 10 New York Madison Square Garden
Oct. 16 Philadelphia Wachovia Center
Oct. 17 Philadelphia Wachovia Center
Oct. 19 Washington, DC MCI Center
Oct. 20 Washington, DC MCI Center
Oct. 24 Detroit Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 28 Houston Toyota Center
Oct. 29 Dallas American Airlines Centre
Nov. 01 Los Angeles Staples Center
Nov. 02 Los Angeles Staples Center
Nov. 16 Tampa St. Pete Times Forum
Nov. 18 Atlanta Philips Arena
Dec. 19 Portland Rose Garden

Concerts for Pre Sale - Week 2 (Tuesday March 15th - Thursday March 17th )

Sept. 12 Toronto Air Canada Centre
Sept. 14 Toronto Air Canada Centre
Sept. 23 Minneapolis Target Center
Sept. 25 Milwaukee Bradley Center
Oct. 22 Pittsburgh Mellon Arena
Nov. 13 Miami American Airlines Arena
Nov. 25 Ottawa Corel Centre
Nov. 26 Montreal Bell Centre
Dec. 17 Salt Lake City Delta Center
Dec. 07 Hartford Civic Center
Dec. 09 Buffalo HSBC Arena
Dec. 10 Cleveland Gund Arena
Dec. 14 St. Louis Savvis Center
Dec. 15 Omaha Qwest Center

-------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions

Q - Where do I go to purchase my pre-sale tickets?
A - http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365?brand=u2

Q - When will the Internet presale begin?
A - The internet presale for ALL Propaganda Members will begin on Tuesday 8th March at 10 AM local time for your venue

Q - Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A - No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each
show. Be sure to check http://www.u2.com/tourinfo/ for updates.

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - Propaganda members who bought tickets in the last presale can buy 2 tickets for one show only.

Q - Am I able to buy tickets over the telephone?
A - Tickets will only be available via the Internet through
Ticketmaster at http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365?brand=u2

Q - If I have any questions concerning my purchase can I contact someone?
A - You must always contact the customer services of the company from whom you made your purchase.

North America - please visit
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer_serve.html for all your local phone numbers

Q. Where can I find my pre-sale code
A. You will see your pre-sale code displayed in this email and in the RED MEMBERS box, tour info page, and in the 'my profile' section of the site once you have logged in.

Back
Top Bottom