MERGED --> ALL VERTIGO Stage Discussion HERE - U2.com etc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 cant win with some people...some people want Popmart and some people want intimacy....this is something in between and seems to me to fit very well in an arena setting, they will probably have a different production when the tour hits stadiums this time.

its not much the grandness for me as it is the possibilities of gimmicks (like the fly character & macphisto from zoo, boxer bono & childish bono from popmart)

uwwedoogie said:
stage.jpg

this is a very rough sketch of what I sawe in paper

Cool!

Last edited:
Yahweh said:
U2 cant win with some people...some people want Popmart and some people want intimacy....this is something in between and seems to me to fit very well in an arena setting, they will probably have a different production when the tour hits stadiums this time.

Obviously, the stadium schematic has been posted already and its different, thats no secret. No ellipse though which is odd. It will be interesting to see what the 3 dimensional version of the stadium stage will look like.

Well, we already know the ellipse isnt red and you could see by the load in web cam shots that the stage wasnt several risers like that.

Is the stage at the back? Is my side view ticket going to be a back view ticket now? Earlier today it looked light the stage was going to be more in the middle??

6620ross said:
Is the stage at the back? Is my side view ticket going to be a back view ticket now? Earlier today it looked light the stage was going to be more in the middle??

They were just setting up. They had all the lights set up where the stage woulda been, they probably had to raise up the lights before pushing the stage over to the end.

FINALLY!!!
I like how it's got a bit of a tilt to it so that it looks like the rings are twisting. If you'll notice, the oval/ellipse/ring-thingie is higher at the back of the stage, kinda making it look like the stage is tilted backward...
Interesting...

one4u2 said:
It is huge! I'm going to get sooo lost in there I'm 5'1 :yikes:

But....:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

The friend I am going to the Boston show with for "The GA Adventure" is 4'11" and I am 5'8"

do the math on that one

Video of the stage on u2.com - Soon I think

I went to u2.com and there was a great pic of the stage along with a link to a video, at the top with the other pics. I tried to view it, didnt work, then i refreshed and it went away, so I would assume it will be up soon.

Back
Top Bottom