MERGED --> ALL Reports from the Boston GA lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GretzkyU2Yanks said:
well lets hope they go on earlier than usual or else we wont be getting OOTS and yahweh both in the encore...

is that a bad thing? :wink:

not really a fan of those two songs.

That was the most amazing show of my life! I was lucky enough to get into the ellipse after my friend got beeped in.

Both lines were let in at the same time, and I'm pretty sure the general sale line -- the one I was in -- went a lot faster than the u2.com one. It's self-selection, as you know already. All the hardcores who are going to show up early are also U2.com members and yaddayaddayadda. I cant think anymore right now! eep.

Here's the big question for me as I prepare to go to tomorrow's (5/26) show: I am a U2.com member but got my GA tickets in the general sale. Yesterday, a few people posted that they were in a similar situation and, when the wristbands were being handed out, they more or less could choose whether to get a fan club band or a general band.

Which should I do? I'm planning on getting to the venue for 7:00 a.m., and I'm guessing there will be fewer people in the general sale line than the U2.com line at that point, yes? So, if the lines are then let in at the same time that evening, I'd probably get in quicker from the general line. Or is the U2.com line going to be allowed in first?

Also, what time did everyone come back to the venue in the afternoon? You just had to be there before 5:00 pm, right?

I'm pretty sure I just answered your question on U2.com, but yeah, you can pretty much choose to be in either line (but if you want to be in the u2.com line, make sure you have something to verify it). I would say, go to the general sale line. I was forced to yesterday, but I was number 50-ish, and our line was moving faster than the U2.com one was. Not sure why though. If you were to arrive a lot later, then the U2.com line is the way to go. I got back just a tiny bit before 5pm and just lined up in my place (near two adorable Irish twins, mind ye). We had to wait a little while later though until they let us in.

Oh yeah... they let us into the building at different times I think, but they started scanning our tickets at the same time. We were hanging out on the cold, concrete floor for a while.

time on stage

they started letting us in the building about 5:25pm in groups of about 15.
both lines were in at the same time, the non member line did move faster which sucked, they had the lines seperated until the last stairwell then they joined together for scanning. unless things change tomorrow, sat I'm picking the line with the lowest number.
the group came on at 8:53 & played until 10:52.

jethronh said:
so, if i get my wristband around 9:30-10:am... what kind of number do you think i'll have? (non-u2.com)

On Tues, I got there just about 10am. By that point there was no line. Their were 2 people giving out wrist bands. Pink for U2.com presale tkts and orange for General sale. I am a u2.com member but since my tkt wasn't a presale, I got an orange band and was number #110.

Didn't get into the Ellipse but was about 2 rows off the Ellipse rail just right of center of the tip.

Great time!!!!

Now Ii want to go on Saturday!!! Will be suffering from withdrawl till the fall.

I have a very different situation.

My friend is ridiculously busy. He has two little ones and a very full schedule at work. Neither of us lives near Boston (I'm in Worcester, which is about 50 miles away).

In other words, he won't be able to wait in line in the morning to get a wrist band.

So if I do, can he tag along with me because of my number, or does he need a number too? I am a U2.com member, he is not.

We are speculating just skipping the line all together and showing up around concert time - as if we had regular seats. We realize that by sheer luck we might get into the ellipse, but most likely we will be way back on the floor.

Still, any tips there if this is the situation we face? Do we have to do anything?

Thanks!

you can get a band till about 5, after that no wristband you go to the end of the line....also if you're not in line when the line starts moving...end of the line..so the choice is yours.

doctorwho said:

My friend is ridiculously busy. He has two little ones and a very full schedule at work. Neither of us lives near Boston (I'm in Worcester, which is about 50 miles away).

In other words, he won't be able to wait in line in the morning to get a wrist band.

So if I do, can he tag along with me because of my number, or does he need a number too? I am a U2.com member, he is not.

We are speculating just skipping the line all together and showing up around concert time - as if we had regular seats. We realize that by sheer luck we might get into the ellipse, but most likely we will be way back on the floor.

Still, any tips there if this is the situation we face? Do we have to do anything?

Thanks!

This is my experience in Philly 2, so it might be a bit different in Boston.

I showed up at 6pm, just when the doors were opening, and went to the U2.com line because I had my profile with me. I'm not sure they will let you bring an non-U2.com friend with you, but in Philly the U2.com line was about 1/3 the size of the regular one. Which means that even though I didn`t get into the ellipse, I ended up with an awesome spot just two people behind the railing, right smack in front of where Bono and Larry play the drum during Love and Peace.

Basically, from what I have witnessed so far, here is the drill about the U2.com line:

-It becomes VERY advantageous if you don`t want to be in line all day, because by the time the doors open, the U2.com line will be significantly shorter that the regular one. Even if they let in both lines at the same time (as they did in Philly), you will get in before many non U2.com members who have waited much longer than you.

-It is not that advantageous if you want to line-up early, because most people who get there early in the morning are the more hardcore type, and most are U2.com members.

-You can never know for sure which line will get in faster, as it seems to depends on the venue. At MSG, they split up the line just before opening the doors, and they let the U2.com line in first.

stupid question.... im looking to swing in, and swing out. whats the closest available parking at that time in the morning? meters? garage? can anyone give me some 411?

i plan to leave after getting wristband and can get different parking for the gig later at night. I'll be racing to get there for the wristband so i dont want to waste time looking for parking... thanks in advance.
jeff

doctorwho said:

Thanks!

If you friend can get there at 5 pm, I would call the venue and see if you can get a wristband for your friend if you had both tickets.

jethronh said:
stupid question.... im looking to swing in, and swing out. whats the closest available parking at that time in the morning? meters? garage? can anyone give me some 411?

i plan to leave after getting wristband and can get different parking for the gig later at night. I'll be racing to get there for the wristband so i dont want to waste time looking for parking... thanks in advance.
jeff
there are meters all over, if you get there after 7 but before 8 (technically no parking at meters from 2 AM to 7 AM, meters start at 8 AM) you should be able to get one. 2 hour limit though. or there is a garage under the Fleet Center and one at Basketball City. check out the link for a lot of garage parking info:
http://www.basketballcity.com/boston/directions/index.html

friend can't go in morning

My friend who is coming to the concert cannot stand in line in the morning. I am assuming the fleet center will not just give me two wristbands for my two tickets. I have another friend who can fill in but not sure if it would be possible to transfer the bracelet. Any advice?

I had my friend show up after me last night & since they were done with the bands she had to go the end of the line. If your band is tampered with you'll be sent to the back also. You have to show a GA ticket to get a band AND also your u2.com memb. card or profile to get a red one. There are 2 different people giving out bands.

They (Fleet Center security) also advise not to take a shower with their coloured wristbands as the numbers will wash off.

But with all that freakin`rain in Boston, this is practically impossible! :wink:

locomosquito said:
And FYI, the guy who was doing the bracelets was a tool and was letting those who had their u2.com membership cards or profile printouts get in the u2.com line. I forgot to print mine out and lost out, since I thought they were going to stick with the presale designation on the tix. Ack!
Whatever... I'm back and I'm warm. Despite my gripes, thank god for this policy.

they did the same thing in NJ

I'm leaving from just south of Providence in a few minutes...we're risking the nor'easter to see what the line will be like around midnight!

I am in Boston soak and wet running in the rain after finding Kinkos from a 9 hour drive. No lining up until 8 a.m.

I am not everywhere but I am soak and wet after driving from Maryland. I was so happy I found a Kinkos I remembered from my Pearl Jam trip and Metallica tour last Fall. Looks like I will not get any help from anyone at the last Boston show so I have to work my luck and magic .

Last edited:
Thank you. I am going to need it in order to survive in my car tonight. I can't wait until I get into a hotel tomorrow.

Report from the GA line is there are around 100 people in both lines. Its cold here in Boston and whatever happened to summer? Its the end of May and its 50 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom