MERGED -- > All Questions about GENERAL SALE Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
question: they say theyre going to add shows. will they be adding them before or after the general sale? my reason is i have 2 presale tic for philly but if they add another date iw ould rather get 2 for that show than 2 more for the same date..... anyone know how it may work?

skjuls said:

So if you already got GA then you need another CC, name and billing address. I got GA for Anaheim but really want GA for Philly. Halup you better get the GA for Philly! :wink:

No, you don't need another cc as long as you remain within your 8 ticket limit so you can still purchase under the same card.

skjuls said:

No they say 6 reserved seat and 2 floor = 8. I already have 2 floor.

Oh yes, sorry, wasn't thinking in terms of that, only numbers...

And by the way, she made it sound like it's an 8 limit per show per cc and not city, not tour and not household.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oh yes, sorry, wasn't thinking in terms of that, only numbers...

And by the way, she made it sound like it's an 8 limit per show per cc and not city, not tour and not household.

Lady it was edgey who posted this earlier in the thread:

I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster. She made it very clear that I could not use the same name, credit card or address as the presale to purchase any more tickets in the public onsale. So, I'm enlisting the help of several relatives and friends.

Everybody be careful. She said I could lose the tix I already got if I used any of the same info again.

yeah, apparently if my housemate who has a different name to me (and is even a different sex!) buys tickets from his credit card using this address, they'll cancel the order!!
now thats not fair, we dont share the same name or anything, just happen to share the same living space
bastards

I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale. This policy comes from the concert promoters, Clear Channel, not Ticketmaster. The representative was dumbfounded at the policy. They also said that because the presale was such a disaster, TM will probably be looking very closely at billing address/name/credit card matches, but they will only cancel the *last* order, not both orders. They didn't know if this policy holds true for the entire tour.

F..king unbelievable!!! We paid $40 for the opportunity to buy 2 crappy seats, which some of us didn't even get. People who participate in the general sale can buy four times as many seats as us! Yet another reason to hate Clear Channel. This is also starting to sound more and more like unfair (and quite possibly illegal) advertising. I'm planning on calling Principle Management and FanFire tomorrow.

avivacat said:
I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale. This policy comes from the concert promoters, Clear Channel, not Ticketmaster. The representative was dumbfounded at the policy. They also said that because the presale was such a disaster, TM will probably be looking very closely at billing address/name/credit card matches, but they will only cancel the *last* order, not both orders. They didn't know if this policy holds true for the entire tour.

F..king unbelievable!!! We paid $40 for the opportunity to buy 2 crappy seats, which some of us didn't even get. People who participate in the general sale can buy four times as many seats as us! Yet another reason to hate Clear Channel. This is also starting to sound more and more like unfair (and quite possibly illegal) advertising. I'm planning on calling Principle Management and FanFire tomorrow.

I don't beLIEve this at all. It just doesn't make any sense. Why would U2 want to stop their u2.com members from buying extra tickets?? I think everyone is just getting too worked up about it.

well, I have a hard time believing this since I was told something different. :shrug:

You would think All of TM staff would be made aware of this beforehand...how frustrating!

avivacat said:
I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale.

Do you mean we can't buy tickets to another show or tickets to the same show that we used our presale on?

When I called back a second time, I spoke to the head person at that call center (Charleston, West Virginia) and was told that anyone who bought presale tickets can still buy *six* tickets in the general sale. You can only buy eight tickets total.

I found this out after being told yet again that we couldn't buy any general sale tickets... I suggested that he speak to his supervisor tomorrow about the fact that every Ticketmaster call center seems to have a slightly different interpretation. I'm also planning on calling Principle Management tomorrow to let them know about the confusion and, if at all possible, I'm going to buy tickets in the general sale with relatives'credit cards and addresses just to be on the safe side.

I dont know if I believe this crap either :huh: I think its a total of 8 tickets.. 6 reserved and 2 GA... presale and general sale together. There is no way they would only let us buy 2 tickets total!!

You can buy 2 GA and 6 Reserve. If ticketmaster thinks it can look at EVERY bill and still provide a good service they are full of sh#%! They didn't do a good job the first time. But just in case, use a friend or relative. Thats what I did. Gave them the money and wowla!! I have one more code left so this time I'll use my own credit card.

I will buy some seats on the cc I used for buying GA and then I have access to my dad's and sister's so and both of them have different billing addresses so......................

I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

artdirector said:
You can buy 2 GA and 6 Reserve. If ticketmaster thinks it can look at EVERY bill and still provide a good service they are full of sh#%! They didn't do a good job the first time. But just in case, use a friend or relative. Thats what I did. Gave them the money and wowla!! I have one more code left so this time I'll use my own credit card.

They have computers to look at bills, isn't too hard to do that! And you people should be happy. Those poor bastards in Europe are apparently only allowed 4 tickets for the whole TOUR!

The TM person I spoke to said that they have a computer program that can match names, credit card numbers, etc. But he said that they don't always do all of them because it's a lot of work (server and employee time, I guess). He thought they might try to match all three for the presale, since it went badly.

mkdominatr said:
question: they say theyre going to add shows. will they be adding them before or after the general sale? my reason is i have 2 presale tic for philly but if they add another date iw ould rather get 2 for that show than 2 more for the same date..... anyone know how it may work?

this is what they did for elevation, and i was not only hoping but COUNTING ON them doing it this way again as my best bet for good tickets. in 2001 i got tix for the first dc show right when they went on sale and ended up with crap seats. 20 minutes later when the first show sold out they added a second. just for laughs i checked on tix for show 2 and immediately pulled up a pair of GA tix (like a complete IDIOT i didn't grab them, but that's another story)

it seems that adding shows immediately with no announcement gives actual fans a chance against the scalpers since there is an element of surprise. when the onsale time is announced a week in advance, all the touts will be prepared to snatch up the best tix and then gouge away

General sale Saturday: Should I try if I failed in presale effort for tix? Or.....

Well, after three solid days of bitterly ranting about the presale debacle (which left me ticketless for Philadelphia), the general ticket sale is now upon us.

Question: If I failed to get presale tickets (sold out, but I still have my code#), should I wait in line at the Wachovia Center for general sale tickets? Will this in any way invalidate my code for future shows? Should I wait to see if more shows are added for this leg (and hope I can use my presale code then)? Will no more shows be added for Philly on this leg...only in the Fall/3rd leg?

This is maddening. Even so, I can't believe I'm talking about waiting in line for tickets after all of this. Somebody please smack me, hard!

bono_man2002 said:
Are they still able to take the tickets off you, if your credit card has already been charged?

Well if they have not printed the tickets yet and mailed them to you, then I believe they can take the tickets back. Even if youf CC has been charged, they can easily credit the amount back to your card.

skjuls said:

Well if they have not printed the tickets yet and mailed them to you, then I believe they can take the tickets back. Even if youf CC has been charged, they can easily credit the amount back to your card.

I'm picking them up for Will Call...as only it seems the US and Canada ticketmasters dont ship over to australia....so guess its just as easy for them to cancel my order one way or another.

Well, so...this is confusing, If we took part in the presale, are we able to take part in the General?....i've heard yes, and heard no....just e-mailed ticketmaster myself.

bono_man2002 said:

I'm picking them up for Will Call...as only it seems the US and Canada ticketmasters dont ship over to australia....so guess its just as easy for them to cancel my order one way or another.

Well, so...this is confusing, If we took part in the presale, are we able to take part in the General?....i've heard yes, and heard no....just e-mailed ticketmaster myself.

Yeah I emailed TM too yesterday afternoon and still haven't heard back.

It is ridiculous. If we took part in the presale we shouldn't be banned from the general since we only got 2 tickets and the limit is 8 .

Well, they charged my CC on Jan 25. So it is on there.

If that's true, that you can't buy any in the general sale if you got any in the pre-sale, that was clear deception on their part-they never told people that prior to the U2.com subscribing

Also I heard it's 2 GA, 6 reserved limit for the WHOLE tour, including third leg

It sure would be nice if Principle Management would put out a clarification of this before tomorrow

What is the best ticketmaster number to call for Philly tix? I wanted to phone and use the internet. I have access to 5 phone lines at home, and 8 computers. So I figure I should have a good shot with at least one of those 13 possibilities.

skjuls, do u live in arlington? Where are you planning to see the shows? I could probably give you a good deal on airline tickets from and to DC. Work for an airline company which is why I'm going to so many shows (flying for free :wink: )

Ticketmaster charges?

Im looking to figure out how much ticket master charges are? I dont have that much cash and i want to make sure i get some tickets tomorrow for my buddy and i. If someone can tell me how much the fees were that would be great! I figured like no more then $10, am i right?

Back
Top Bottom