MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it wasn't instant, but it was certainly an easy system. Tick the boxes and send off your cheque. Much easier and stress-free than this nonsense.

Out of interest, how did that work? Did you have your choice of all venues, and you could choose GA or seats? Was there any particular limits to how many tickets you could buy?

Im currently studying music at university, and i'm starting to think this would be a cool subject to do my dissertation on hehe.

there would be a form with check boxes next to dates you wanted, just tick them and how many tickets you wanted for each show, for the elevation tour it was 2 tickets max for 2 shows max, so you could get 2 dates to book! then just write credit card details or enclose cheque and that was it! simple!

You had a list of every show in Europe for example. I can't remember how many tix you could buy but it wasn't so limited. I don't think you could specify seated or standing, but chose the venues, amounts and sent off a cheque to cover it.

Call Principle Management at (212) 765-2330 to ask for a presale for added dates

A lot of people seem to have been getting shut out for the presales here in the US. When these cities go on public sale this weekend, they will of course sell out very quickly. Usually what the pormoters do when this happens is immediately put an additional date on sale.

What I'm proposing is that anyone who got shut out contact Principle Management's New York office at (212) 765-2330 and request that they hold the public sale fo additional shows in the already announced cities until the following weekend. This would give them enough time to have another presale next Tuesday for these added shows and give all the u2.com members who got shut out today a chance to use their code for the added dates. If they put these shows on sale immeditely after the already announced shows sell out, we lose out on this opportunity to use our u2.com code if you did not have luck today. If enough people call, even though you'll most likely only reach a receptionist, we still have enough time for the promoters to hold off adding the additional dates for another week.

Last edited:
Have you done it? I'm not wasting a long distance call if they are just going to move me around and not address my questions.

I haven't done it. I'm going to try for the presale for San Diego and hope for the best first. I have called them in the past though. I had a big screw up with Ticketmaster on the first leg of the Zoo TV tour that Principle Manegment resolved for me.

I haven't done it. I'm going to try for the presale for San Diego and hope for the best first. I have called them in the past though. I had a big screw up with Ticketmaster on the first leg of the Zoo TV tour that Principle Management resolved for me.

I wish you all the luck possible. I doubt they'll do it though as it's not how these things work.

Although, on reflection, it is actually a really good idea and one they should have considered.

I called them. They washed their hands and just mentioned that there will be a general sale on Monday.

They asked me to send them a fax voicing my complaint, which I intend to send immediately, so I hope that they get back to me.

If nothing else, I think we need to log our complaints with Principle and REQUEST THEY GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM. Instead of just criticizing, which may turn them off, if you could at least say "Next time, can you send a piece of paper to U2.com members so we can buy tickets via mail?"

That probably wouldn't work either. Anything they try to mail me fails to reach me. Case in point: Discount code for the membership, and that keychain thingy.
This has all be educational for me, though. When the Toronto tickets go on sale, I'll try to be early at the ticketmaster site, IF there is a presale for Toronto seats.
My heart goes out to everyone who had problems getting the seats they wanted. Sounds like there have been too many problems!

Yes, that is the right number. (212) 765-2372. I just faxed them a letter asking them to do something to fix what happened on the pre-sale and, particularly, confirm that they need to make more seats available for the MSG show.

BTW, when I called the receptionist she sounded pretty pissed, as if like whe was getting a call every minute, which seems the right thing.

Please, keep calling / faxing them so they fix this thing and we stop getting ripped off.

Stop Complaining. The Promoters will do whatever they want. They will be back in the Fall. They will add probably 2 more Boston shows after this weekend, another MSG show, 2 more United Center shows, 2 Anaheim, 1 San Jose, and 1 Philly. Stop complaining! Try for the regular on sale. Of course if you read Billboard.com GA's will be harder to get this time around. Equal distribution to ETS, u2.com members, radio station contests, and the general on sale.

I'm faxing them a letter about going back to the paper method because it always worked extremely well for me in getting tickets, and the pre-sale through ticketmaster.com was just horrible.

I called, and the girls voice was all shaky and nervous. I bet she's getting a lot of calls and complaints, and I told her it's not her fault and I know she is just a secretary, but, I still feel sorry for her. She's the messenger. Poor girl.

Anyway, this new method is horrible, I agree.

Super_Fan said:
Stop Complaining. The Promoters will do whatever they want. They will be back in the Fall. They will add probably 2 more Boston shows after this weekend, another MSG show, 2 more United Center shows, 2 Anaheim, 1 San Jose, and 1 Philly. Stop complaining! Try for the regular on sale. Of course if you read Billboard.com GA's will be harder to get this time around. Equal distribution to ETS, u2.com members, radio station contests, and the general on sale.

Wow, that's defeatist. People who "complain" are the one's who initiate any possible change.

I say, let's keep faxing !!

By the way, how did you fair in the Pre-Sale?

Super_Fan said:

Easy for you to say!!! I've never seen U2 before and I couldn't get any tickets I could afford this morning! I'm still ticketless! I feel like I've been slapped in the face. I just have to keep telling myself "this is not Bono, Adam, Edge, or Larry's faults."

Fax Principal MGT Suggestion to go back to Snail Mail Method

I think we should all fax to Principal that they go back to snail mail method, those who were unable to get tickets in this system.

The fax number, as stated in another PM thread, is 212-765-2372

Maybe enough complaints will change this stupid thing.

I wasted 40 bucks on a u2.com membership and I can't even get tickets with this 40 dollar code that wasn't worth anything.

Super_Fan said:

SuperFan, I am sorry but you are wrong. I have all the right in the world to complain since I have paid my membership for the past 7 years (former Prop and current U2.com member). Propaganda delivered in the old days and they are not doing so anymore.

And so you know, I was not looking for GAs... I was willing to shell $400 for the most expensive tickets and to travel all the way to NYC to see them (I live currently in DC).

The way they should have done it: put ALL tickets for all shows available for the pre-sale and not a limited number. If they were then none available for the general sale, then too bad. If we paid our membership, we have the right to buy tickets, like it was in the old times.

people have the right to complain when they paid $40, and their password doesn't work, or TM screws it all up, and there's no one to talk to, no one to fix it, and when there's no tickets available, and they did everything right.

this is par for Ticketsatan's course tho, not surprising, everybody in fan clubs goes through this with them every presale. They're a monopoly, so what incentive do they have to please customers or get anything right, just rake in those huge fees. Their fees on these high priced tkts are exorbitant, and that alone they shouldn't be able to get away with.

Yep I just called and she was pissed. Keep calling. Power in numbers. Its a simple phone call that will take 5 seconds of your time.

I called and bitched at them.

they said put it in writing and send a fax.

fax #:

1-212-765-2372

outrageous.

I just did.

Keep faxing. The more faxes we send, the better.

If you were former Prop members, make sure you include you former Prop ID# so you can perhaps get more credibility.

Fax this request to Principle Management. It is the only option we have to get anything changed. This new system sucks.

Their fax # is (212) 765-2372.

NO, you should fax them and tell them to open up more GA tickets for this pre-sale!

Back
Top Bottom