MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The God I Believe In Isnt Short of Cash Mister

My blue crackhead friends - sorry to hear about everyone's frustration today. Thought I would liven things up with an old quote from Bono. It will be interesting to see how the Phoenix pre-sale goes. This tour better kick ass - that's all I got to say fro now.

The only solution in the futere to my opinion is:

stop with this so-called 'fanclub' on U2.com and stop all presale possibilities. Just do it the old fashioned way. Waiting in a row for hours.....those where the times...

Rumor is the actual shows will be shortened- to about 1:10, from the usual 2 hours. This will allow U2 to play more shows, with less "wear & tear" on the band. Happy $160 Golden Shower Ticket!

Golden shower? Today we all took a brown bath! Why? Because most of us where just shit on.:(

There are almost no US/Canada presales left, so that doesn't really help anyone in North America.

In any case, Rolling Stone's fax is 212-484-1621 and Spin's is 212-231-7312.

we should all make signs at the shows we got to. :wink:
I'll go ahead and steal your post topic name, desert dog, its good

I see my future and the future is: TICKET BROKERS. SCALPERS. N'ER DO WELLS.
On the other hand, anything is better than dealing with U2.com and TicketMaster. At this point I'd rather do business with Satan.

Last edited:
shooboxx said:
this is what kinda sucks about this whole deal..

http://www.stubhub.com/?event_id=135561

:( $300.00 plus bucks per ticket...

Sunday better be a good day for me :huh:

Someone should print this and fax it to Principle Management. Look at the ticket numbers (e.g., 15 tickets at $353 a piece)- these are brokers who obtained these tickets in advance, not U2.com members with tickets from the pre-sale.

The whole idea was to make the GAs so scarce for the tried and true and hit them with the sucker punch - they're gone now, but you can get them from the brokers for 10 times face value. U2 needs to take more control of the process.

This was the problem with advance ticket sales through the internet: its to easy to foil and obtain for non fans. At least with propaganda is what low key and simple. Got my tickets through the mail and was very happy. This time around it took 2.5 hours.

RademR said:

weren't we introduced to him today?

no ... satan will screw ya and make ya happy about being it.... U2.com doesnt bother with such stuff. Its just a swift kick outta bed after the screwin' .

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the New York Post?? They are always good for printing a bad story about the biggest band in the world.

Ways to have improved the presale.

Ok, most of us are having a bad day while some are in exstacy. Regardless, I am trying to think a bit positively about this. Even though I had the holy grails of tickets in my possession only to have them yanked from me by the grotesque Ticketmaster I am at least confident I will get "something" on Saturday. If I don't, I'll be saddened by it but hopefully the 3rd leg will bring something better luck wise.

U2 in my estimation as well as Ticketmaster have fucked up royally. What are some things that could've been that would've positively affected the presale?

Here are mine:

- They allowed one show for members to get tickets for with their code. Fine. I can deal with that. What would've been smart is when someone signed up for U2.com they selected what show they were wanting tickets for. So in my case, I would've chosen Philadelphia and that's the only show my code would've been good for.

The good thing about this in my estimation is that it would've allowed U2 and Ticketmaster to correctly allot a good amount of tickets in proportion to the users going for that show so if 1000 people signed up for MSG, you could allot the tickets on a percentage basis from all the pricing levels. The bad news is people say in Jersey City who signed up for MSG and got hosed on that couldnt use that code for the East Rutherford show, however they could've streamlined this process by allowing a surcharge to allow for a more advanced code to be used on multiple shows.

-Better planning of the tour. This tour has been a mess from the start. Originally we were supposed to have dates in December (this is true) only to have them delayed yet again in the beginning of January. Not enough time for planning the ticket distribution was had. This could've been handled much better. More time between the announcement and on sale dates would've better served everyone.

-Lose the corporate sponsorship or at least Clear Channel!

U2 are rich enough where fucking godawful Clear Channel doesnt need to be the main corporate sponsor. Other acts get by fine not aligning themselves with these cunts. They have such disgusting rules for tickets making sure their people are taken care of. I think Clear Channel is more in the wrong on the ticket allotment than anyone else, while Ticketmaster takes the brunt for distribution.

Finally, they should've kept Propaganda and allowed people a choice to use the old method or go with this horrible new one. Everyone involved in this business deal should be ashamed with the way that U2's core fanbase are the ones who have to bear the brunt of this absolute travesty of a deal where the fans were supposed to be the benefactors as per stated in the original advertising.

The fact is to stop the old Propagnada way with regular mail to switch to an internet pre-sale is not a bad idea in itself. The problem is outsourcing it to Ticketmaster. They could have kept the same system with a form to fill up and by-passing Ticketmaster, but through the internet.

oceane said:
The fact is to stop the old Propagnada way with regular mail to switch to an internet pre-sale is not a bad idea in itself. The problem is outsourcing it to Ticketmaster. They could have kept the same system with a form to fill up and by-passing Ticketmaster, but through the internet.

I agree with that definitely. It would've cut down on a lot of this mess undoubtedly.

why don't you give them a chance to fix what went wrong ? they've already aplogized on u2.com and have stated that everyone will get tickets with their presale code, if the tickets you get are not the greatest,and you HAVE to have better ones, then simply sell the first ones you got (u2 tickets are as good as currency) and try to get better ones through the normal sale. If you don't get better ones through the normal sale keep trying they always release tickets closer to the date, I've done this so many times its crazy, but if you really want great tickets that bad its worth it. u2.com never promised every one would get on the floor, that would be ludicrous, they just promised you could get a pair of tickets and it looks like they are going to deliver on their promise, if a few days from now you still are unable to get tickets THEN you should feel ripped off !!!. As for being double charged on your credit card, it happens all the time hotels, gas stations, restaurants all double charge alot of the time, of course once you point it out any legit business will refund the double charge I'm sure u2.com is legit and will refund the double charge so why get so worked up about it? mistakes happen its only when there not taken care of when you should legitimately bitch to other people about otherwise you come across as being a whinner.

-Better planning of the tour. This tour has been a mess from the start. Originally we were supposed to have dates in December (this is true) only to have them delayed yet again in the beginning of January. Not enough time for planning the ticket distribution was had. This could've been handled much better. More time between the announcement and on sale dates would've better served everyone.

Yeah Edges little daugter should not have got extremely sick, the nerve she has making u2 change their plans.

Sorry zoo99, an apology from ticketbastard to EUROPEAN FANS does not address the issues in N America. There are numerous people who have paid for the right to prepurchase that will not have the oppurtunity to. That is wrong and there is no explanation or apology anyone can give that can make that right. To go forward with a sale to the general public before selling a ticket to every single fan club member wanting to buy one is wrong. If a venue sells out to fan club members before going to the general public, then their is little that can be done. However that is not the case here.

Last edited:
Here is my fax:

TO: Principle Management

RE: U2/U2.com advanced ticket sales

I am writing today to express my anger as a longstanding fan and fan club member over the current advanced ticket sale system. I am a former Propaganda club member, so unfortunately I do know it can be done better.

Where is the “priority” treatment of the former Propaganda members? Sending me a code a half hour ahead of everyone else is not “priority” treatment, when every U2.com member has a password and everyone is trying to get the tickets at the same time. Propaganda members paid money for promises that were not kept. A discounted membership to the new club was a nice attempt at acknowledging that, however to promise “priority” treatment in ticketing and then not deliver is once again not delivering on what has been promised.

Another issue I have with the entire process is why there is not priority ticketing available to all the shows. There are 16 announced North American Leg 1 dates currently, however everyone knows that there will end up being nearly double that many date as the initial dates sell out and new dates are added. How does my priority ticketing through U2.com help me get tickets for the added shows? I think I can pretty confidently assume that it will not.

It is simply despicable that fan club members are not capable of buying shows because what ever limits were set for advanced sales where reached at certain venues. Fortunately, I did get tickets or I would be even hotter. To sell any ticket in a general sale that could have been sold to a fan club member who was willing to buy it is simply inexcusable. Holding any tickets for a general public sale simply invites easier access to ticket broker who can profiteer off the true fans.

The quantities limit on advanced tickets is ridiculous. To limit the band’s best fans (who else pays money to join a fan club?) to 1 show is again outrageous. Fan club member should have an opportunity to buy at least a couple of shows. I have at various times been a member of the Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, & Celine Dion (for my wife) fan clubs, none of which limit fans to 1 show.

Customer service from Fan Fire & U2.com is abysmal. Despite numerous attempts at clarifying issues that should have been clarified up front without anyone having to ask, there still is a great deal of confusion in the U2 fan community over the ticketing process. Email requests to U2.com generate a canned response of the webpage on the topic. Everyone can read the webpage, but when it does not answer the question, fans deserve a response. The specific issues that were of a concern, is would my membership entitle me to another opportunity to purchase tickets for the North American Leg 3 in the fall? I had the question answered that my membership would result in only 1 code and one opportunity to buy tickets for the entire tour. Other people have had the question answered that there would be a second code for the next leg. Why when the question is being repeatedly asked, can U2.com not respond with a statement to definitively define the procedure?

A very disappointed U2 fan,

- Released more than one date per venue?

- Kept the Propaganda system?

- Kept any of the promises it made about "guaranteed priority booking" and "Propaganda members go to the head of the line"?

- Worked with a company who was prepared for the deluge of demand?

zoo99 said:

Yeah Edges little daugter should not have got extremely sick, the nerve she has making u2 change their plans.

Has that even been confirmed? That is a fucking rumor for crying out loud. Paul McGuinness' quote blamed the snafu on crappy planning. The band member illness is not a confirmed story. And if it is true than I understand but still and all they should've put it on hold even longer to get this shit together.

I agree that IF you don't end up getting any tickets from the presale using your code then you were ripped but lets give them half a chance to fix their mistake which they have already admitted to. See if you don't end up getting tickets with your presale code then you should be pissed because u2.com has a database with all the members and where they live and would be able to make reasonable estimates on demand for various shows through the information they have collected and if they knew ahead of time that they would be unable to fullfill said demand they should have made that clear before hand.

not only should they have made more tickets available, but they should have spaced the release of the tickets. i.e., release 20% at 10:00 am then another 20% at 2:00pm and so on. this would give more people a chance to get tickets and also keep the system from flooding.

That's a great fax, U2WOJO. This is the biggest day in the life of U2.com, and yet they seem very uprepared for it. True, many of us, particularly on the west coast, ran into errors for which Ticketmaster is entirely to blame, but even in situations like this, U2.com should have been working overtime to be able to give quick responses to fan emails.

I joined the Sting fan club last year, which offered fans the ability to purchase presale tickets to as many shows as they wanted. The good thing was that the presales were done entirely without Ticketmaster being involved. Why couldn't U2.com have had it this way?

You pointed out another great thing about Propaganda, in that every show, even the unannounced additional shows in cities, were offered to members. For Elevation first leg, I knew in advance that Anaheim would have 3 shows. I specifically asked for nights 2 and 3, even though these shows had not even been announced. When my tickets came in the mail, those are the 2 nights that I received.

It's obvious that most, if not all cities on the N American first leg will have added shows, but as of yet, U2.com has made no mention that we are enitled to purchase tickets from added shows before the public sale. By delaying the public sale of additional shows until 1 week after the public sale of the already announced shows, they could hold a presale for the added shows next Tuesday and allow those who did not purchase tickets today, to be able to at least have a shot at another show in the same area they tried for.

Last edited:
No its not confirmed by the BAND but would you want to confirm to the world that your little girl is sick and what she is sick from? Why do think Edge is suing the paper for disclosing this information and his lawyer sent warnings to all other newspapers to not dare run the info. use common sense do you really think a tour that they started planning for over a year ago would be rearranged so drastically at the last moment because of bad planning ? Even Paul stated publically not very long ago that the tour was going to kick off in Miami on March 1st do you really think he wouldn't of known at the time there was "routing "problems obviously he and the band couldn't predict this health issue so give them an f ing break.

Back
Top Bottom