MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, the fax I sent defintly says "Pre-Sale My Ass!!!" in big bold letters at the top. That might get their attention. :D

Are the rest of you faxing?

Pissed off?? Call U2'principle managment

The New York number is (212) 765-2330
The Dublin number is (353) 1 6777 330

I'm happy I didn't become a member of U2.com for 40 euros, just to get an advantage in ticket ordering. Front field ticket Brussels 40 euro + 85 euro, excl. service costs.....125 euro...I would feel ripped off. And if you tried you probably had big problems...
I recommend you to call and complain. Not only about this mess today, but also about the high European ticket prices....I think it's a shame. What happened with the open letter from @U2 about the previous tour presale??

I posted this in the wrong place before.....i think it belong here...

First off, I'm not bashing U2(the four guys that make the music!)...Im bashing "U2----the system"------which is everything related to ticket distribution.....u2.con,fanfire,ticketmaster,and even those in the u2 organization that have been put in charge for promoting/ticket distribution.

It's all about money...I truelly believe that the scalpers(a.k.a. ticket brokers, a.k.a. scum bags) are being catered to by "U2----the system" ....And when I say scalpers, I'm not talking about the fans out their that buy a pair of tickets for themselves and pick up an extra pair of tickets to sell and help offset the cost of their own tickets for an overpriced entertainemnt event(not just a u2 concert).

I'm talking about all the "behind the scene", "backdoor deals" that go on in the system...the scalpers/brokers/lowlifes are buying the "hot" tickets( in this case u2-ga's) in bulk... and with all the kickbacks going on, they are paying more than that price printed on the ticket.....but they don't mind becasue they know that the demand is soooo high from us, the fans, that they will make a very healthy profit.........and what happens in the end....we end up getting a "backdoor deal"...we all take it up the keister!....

The entire system is flawed....Back when Pearl Jam tried to changes things over and make it more fair for the true fans, its too bad that all of the rest of the touring bands at that time didnt get together and join in the fight....they could have easily combined their resources and formed a consortium of fan clubs to handle the presale of the good tickets to real fans the way Propaganda was able to deliver. These "who ya' know/who ya' blow" followed by "first come" "first served" methods for ticket distribution are causing loyal fans to jump ship....

Bottom line... If a person has been a loyal fan and member of a fan club for 20+ years then there is NO excuse why he or she shouldn't be given an opportunity to purchase one lousy pair of tickets of THEIR OWN choosing....I don't mind spending the 100 bucks on a pair GA tickects but I'm not shelling out a rediculous $390+ for "gold circle" seats to watch a 2 hour concert. No thanks...

My own person reality check--- I rather put that $390+ towards Walt Disney World passes for my family-----for me, more lasting memories in the long run.....

And yes, I know I sound like a cynical A-hole, but that is exactly what this bunch of crap has turned me.....and many others....into!

Thanks to Interference for letting me vent adn thanks to you for taking time to read this....

PS :"20+ years" and "passes for my family" Wow, I guess I am really showing my age!

How about we all mail them our super-deluxe metal credit cards that we got (well at least some of us received them). Give them their secret access code too: URDuped

I just emailed Cecilia Coffey as well to let her know that the old way (via mail) worked much better. These people need to know what is going on. Also, can we get some emails/calls going to Universal Music Group?? They should also be aware of the disrespect to the Propaganda fans.

Is there something I should know about faxing internationally? I tried that number as I would normally put it in, and it didn't work. I don't want to ask someone here, as I really shouldn't be using the fax machine for personal vendettas.

I just called and the woman was fairly nice, although she didn't seem to get why I was so upset. She said to contact Ticketmaster about the internal errors that killed our orders and, after I explained three times that Ticketmaster was passing the buck back to U2, she said to check U2.com over the next few days.

Fax machine # in Dublin for Principle Management (from the U.S.): (011) 353 1 6777 276.

I just sent them my complaint as well (the same one I had originally faxed to their New York office).

If they decide to ignore it, it is their problem and I will not stop until these issues are made quite public.

As a matter of fact, I will continue to send the same fax over and over every day until these matters are solved.

At the risk of being wimpy, it seems to me that we should try to make all of our communications with Principle or any other organization involved in this fiasco be positive and solution-oriented. It's easy to just get angry over getting taken for $40, but as we make it clear that we're unhappy, we might also want to offer ideas on a way out. I sent the below.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to express my strong dissatisfaction with U2’s U2.com service. As a long-time U2 fan and a former Propaganda fan club member, I am dismayed at the lack of opportunities I and many other fans have had to procure concert tickets for U2’s 2005 U.S. tour.

Through the Propaganda service, I was able to purchase two tickets each to three different U2 Elevation Tour concerts. All of these tickets were General Admission floor tickets – my preferred option in all cases. I have had similar experiences with other band fan clubs, Internet-based or otherwise.

The contrast with the U2.com service could not be clearer. A large number of long-time fans are without tickets, despite having paid $40 into U2’s already-deep coffers – in addition to the thousands each of us has already spent over the years.

During their last tour, U2 regularly thanked U2 fans for giving them a great life. It is time to make that appreciation reality rather than rhetoric. As a fan, I urge U2 and Principle Management to take responsibility for this irresponsible treatment of long-time fans – no matter whether it’s Ticketmaster’s or promoters’ fault.

One solution would be to open ALL tickets to U2.com members before the public on-sale, say at noon on Thursday. If U2 insisted to Ticketmaster that such provision be made, it is difficult to imagine that Ticketmaster would choose to cancel the tour ticket sales rather than go along. Another solution would be to add U2.com-only shows in each city before any additional “general public” concert dates are announced.

I thank you for your attention to this matter and look forward to a timely response.

right...remain polite. they're not going to care about someone who writes in with "fuck bono and the horse he rode in on"

i'm giving the band the benefit of the doubt and hoping they'll make amends. this will probably be the biggest test of my fandom with them ever

but hopefully, the "check u2.com" in the next few days wasn't just platitudes and that maybe they have something cooking

Re: ..

adenoid_hynkel said:
they're not going to care about someone who writes in with "fuck bono and the horse he rode in on"
that is one funny expression.

I was also quite polite and I am hoping that they read it... I wrote them a long explanation of why their system did not make any sense and did not write any "pre-sale my ass" comments or anything related...

You said it better than me!

Mstump...very well written.....much better than my rant above!

and I really hope that they atleast read the one part you wrote:

Mstumpf77 said:
During their last tour, U2 regularly thanked U2 fans for giving them a great life. It is time to make that appreciation reality rather than rhetoric. As a fan, I urge U2 and Principle Management to take responsibility for this irresponsible treatment of long-time fans – no matter whether it’s Ticketmaster’s or promoters’ fault.

oh, don't worry, the rest of my letter is very polite. I explain my love the band, my current financial situation, why I feel cheated by the pre-sale, and the solution that I propose. The "pre-sale my ass" thing is just to get their attention.

I'm sure they aren't reading any of the faxes, anyway.

my fax lol

To whom it may concern:

As a lifelong U2 fan I am absolutely disgusted and dismayed by the sham that the U2.com FAN club presale was this morning. Never in my 26 years of life have I felt so disgusted by something I held in such high regard.

The advertising on the U2.com site stated that all who joined would have a chance at getting the best tickets for the upcoming tour, only at the end of the day to be sitting here ticketless because of your business association with Ticketmaster and even to a higher degree, Clear Channel. I spent my $40 without hesitation simply for this chance. I knew it wasn't guaranteed but the shoddy customer service of Ticketmaster and their lack of any knowledge in their business left me speechless.

It's sickening and disheartening that already at this moment there are dozens of U2 tickets on internet auction sites selling for more than 10X their face value. It's disheartening and sickening that the majority of U2's fanbase will be left out in the cold for what is sure to be a fantastic show. Sure, there's always the general onsale date but I didn't pay $40 for the opportunity to buy tickets for free.

I am ashamed and disgusted in all involved in this deal including the band and their principle (no pun intended) managment. This sale screams of having no organization and was handled by incompetents who only care about cha-ching rather than granting the people who provide them a better life one chance at seeing their musical Gods do what they do best.

Shame on Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam and even more so Paul McGuinness for dismantling a great service in Propaganda and siding with the devils that exist in this industry.

Sincerely,

Both fax #s:

Principle Management NY: (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: +(353) 1 6777 276

Make sure you send your complaint there so they realize how they ruined the band's relationship with its fans.

Glad I didn't sign up for this treatment! I had a feeling presales would suck after getting screwed over by the initial membership sign up.

Feel free to borrow verbiage from my last email to Principle, Signature, FanFire (below). This was regarding my Prop membership that "must have lapsed" (but didn't)... I don't agree that they should offer more pre-sales (as someone who is betting on general sales) but they do need to get their shit together!

"Thanks for the form email, but I DO have a current propaganda membership, which DID NOT lapse. I've been telling you this for 2 months now.

And thanks for the nice invitation, but I WILL NOT pay $40 for a membership that I have already paid for and I WILL NO LONGER plan to purchase the lithographs and T-shirts from your site.

Therefore, Fanfire (and U2) is out $200 from lithographs, $75 from T-shirts and $20 from the membership. That's $295 plus whatever else I would have purchased in the future. Multiply that by ALL THE OTHER FANS whose info and business you lost... wow, way to run a company.

May I suggest that your companies do something to remedy this gross negligence in customer service? Are you really so concerned that some people may not be Propaganda members that you would sacrifice the business of those who ARE? I bought my U2 iPod, my U2 Complete digital Box set (which isn't even complete and is actually quite redundant), I've purchased several items from FanFire in the past and would like to continue to do so in good faith. What else can I do to be heard by you both?

I know for certain that I am not alone in this... just check interference.com.

JUST SHOW US THAT YOU VALUE US!!!!!!!
Candice Caldwell
a U2 fan"

Needless to say, no one ever replied to my email, thus I won't ever buy anything from FanFire this lifetime. But good luck to the rest of you!!

Some realted fan club contacts to copy:
info@numb.ie (Principle),
dfurano@signaturesnet.com,
dhunt@signaturesnet.com,
rfish@signaturesnet.com,
fanclub@U2.com

just for a laugh I tried the presale again 3 times here are the three words that I had to type in, so fitting

lunacy
amess
scream

that is no boast either, those are the actual words

Great letters from Mstumpf77 and bonosleftone. I've done presales before, even the regular Ticketmaster presale offered by U2 at NO CHARGE in January 2001, and had much better success than today. I knew tickets would go very fast, but did not expect to only be greeted by Ticketmaster internal errors for the California shows. I certainly did not pay my $20 for the privilege to see over 30 minutes of this crap.

U2 is charging us $20-40 to participate in presales with very limited amounts of tickets offered, when in 2001, these presales were for free and Propaganda almost always came through perfectly for everyone.

Last edited:
Both fax #s:

Principle Management NY: (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: +(353) 1 6777 276

Make sure you send your complaint there so they realize how they ruined the band's relationship with its fans.

People, people, people, we should not be spending our energy faxing Principle or Ticketmaster.

The only we are going to get any traction on this issue is if we can expose this embarrasment to a larger audience. We should be calling, emailing, faxing folks like Rolling Stone, MSN, and CNN. When we get some real media exposure, U2 will be forced to mitigate what is certain to be a great deal of negative p.r.

Ticketmaster, Principle, et al are big corporate organizations with their own interests and profit at stake. We get screwed as a result. We have to beat them at their own game. Think big.

Good call apterz, lets band together and get this word spread. Even had I gotten my tickets Id still be disgusted because so many of us have been left out.

We're the ones who spend the money on everything and anything this band hawks, we donate to the charities they triumph and we give our hard earned cash just to see them do what they do best.

Disgusted cant even begin to describe this.

this jsut appeared on the site. it's the 'typical "everything's going fine-but if you have a problem, it's your fault and not ours" letter

not a word on the problems with shows in NA, which I'm sure they'e received an email or two on.

Ticket Presale - Advice, Help, Info

The U2.Com Members presale of tickets began at 10am GMT this morning.
From today, Tuesday January 25th, the presale of tickets for U2’s ‘Vertigo Tour’ begins. Please note that the presale begins today for many, but NOT ALL venues on the tour - see the end of this story for when the presale begins for the show that you want to buy tickets for.

--then it has some stuff on the european problems

‘With tickets available at all venues, we are confident that all those affected by the problem today will have been able to purchase tickets.’ reads the Ticketmaster statement. ‘Once again Ticketmaster would like to apologise to those affected by the problem today. Ticketmaster is committed to offering the best possible service and we can assure customers that once we became aware of the problem, we took every possible step to ensure a quick and efficient solution."
---well, if ticketmaster says it's going swimmingly, then who are the thousands fo pissed oof fans to argue?

"Please note the following important advice that Ticketmaster have forwarded to us which will improve the purchase process. "

"1. The Ticket Master Code you have been sent as a U2.Com Member is a 6 character only numeric code .
If your access-code is being rejected please note that the access-code is a 6 character code contained in the email from U2.Com. If, for example, your email featured --->xyz123<--- then the code you must use is xyz123 . "

---see, nothing's wrong, you're just too stupid to figure out this code system! not a word on what about when it crashes after you've signed in and try to actually purchase the tix

"2. Please be aware that although the first of the presales have begun today, the timing of presales is co-ordinated with the general on-sale at different venues... "
---this assumes that these will all go off without a hitch just like today's did

"More as we get it."

--then it lists the shows at the end, most of which are sold out

so that's it-the attitude is we gave you tix-who cares where or how much or how many. be grateful, you little bastards. and if things didn't work on the site, then obviously, you're too stupid to figure it out

as another poster said, i keep hoping that u2 will show that they value us, but it looks more grim by the hour

and also, the above comment was dead on-we need to go tothe media-particularly the non-corporate music press. that's why i suggested pitchfork, but rolling stone and spin are worth a shot. if u2 is just going to ignore us, we need to make their behavior public and shoot holes in their reputation of integrity. it's the only way.

Back
Top Bottom