MERGED: All Presale Problems/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its amazing how this kind of thing can affect fans.

And what sucks most is that they are screwing the fans that have paid a lot of money over the years to either see the band or participate in Propaganda.

I blew 7 hours yesterday on hold with them for nothing. I've now already lost another 2 hours of my life today on hold with them.

That's why I'm not even going to waste my time calling. Yes, I did get tickets to a couple shows. My presale tickets SUCKED, and haven't faired well in general on sales AT ALL. Congrats to all those that did. But as a former Propaganda member I must say...I MISS the old days of ticket sales. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know how we can plead that case any more than we already have.
I've received no response from either email I sent to Fanfire. :|

keep trying the code. I was getting the password is not activated for this presale message. I kept trying and eventually got a chacne to pull tickets (after several false starts). I doubt my code was reset, but it did go through a couple of different times eventually while in between I got the not activated message for fun. I never got through in Montreal which is where I really wanted the chance to presale and eventually settled for Milwaukee getting a couple pretty good expensive seats.

And did anyone else think the on hold music from Fanfire was WAY loud!? I had to turn the volume down on my phone as low as it would go and it was STILL loud. :eek: :shocked:

Yeah, agree about the volume thing. I have it on speaker phone in my office and everytime my secretary walks in the door I grab the phone because I don't want her to know what I'm doing!

I'm at 45 minutes right now.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I am trying for St. Louis and Milwaukee but it just keeps telling me that my code has already been used to buy tickets.

But.

It hasn't.

St. Louis still has GAs, so you're safe there. The new code I got yesterday will still allow me to go in and look, and I guess I could buy if I wanted to, but since I already bought 2 last week and 2 yesterday with a new code, I'm scared they'd cancel something. I looked at quite a few cities, actually, and a lot still had GAs, even NYC. The only one I checked that didn't was Miami.

Yeah, there are still a lot of good seats left everywhere I looked. I looked at like 7 cities just for the hell of it, and in most of them if you put in for the $95 seats, you wound up on the first level, or there were a few on the second. The only place I saw where $95 tickets were nosebleeds were MSG. The $160 tickets were, of course, even better.

For those still waiting for something to be done, I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse here, but the lady I talked to yesterday was able to reset my code in 20 minutes, so it can be done. I am reading here about them telling you guys you'll eventually get an email or be contacted eventually, and I'm getting nearly as pissed off as I was yesterday.

When I spoke with her yesterday afternoon, I mentioned that I had spoken to "Dave" earlier in the day, and that he wasn't any help and was pretty close to being rude. She said, "well, he blue coded your request", or something like that. So when you complain, evidently your request goes into a pile, and it takes a long time to get to it. I told the lady that I knew it was possible for a code to be reset within 1/2 hour. I was persistent, and she handed it to the manager and told me it would be reset, and within 20 minutes, it was. It CAN be done, most just won't do it. All I can say is be persistent and a little pissy.

Also, when they finally answered the phone yesterday, I didn't go into some drawn out story about how I was being screwed, I immediately said something like "I need to talk to a supervisor now, unless you're going to be able to fix this right away".

The threat to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau might have helped some, too.

That's what worked for me. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Thanks so much for this information. I really do appreciate it. I'm at an hour and 8 minutes right now. Hoping they pick up soon.

I'm glad to know that there is hope.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Thanks so much for this information. I really do appreciate it. I'm at an hour and 8 minutes right now. Hoping they pick up soon.

I'm glad to know that there is hope.

No problem. After reading my last post, though, I don't want it to sound like I was an absolute ass to the Fanfire people, either. The lady who solved my problem thought she had put herself on mute while she was talking to her manager, but she hadn't. I heard everything she said to him, but she couldn't hear me. She said something like "this guy is really nice and really calm, but he's very, very irate". She then asked him when the Propaganda only presale ended, and he must have told her last night, because she said "wow, we have to get this fixed now".

So a healthy mix of nice and irate customer goes a long way, I guess. And by right away saying that you want to speak to a supervisor, they know you mean business, even if one isn't available.

Well, I'm definitely going to take that route if I ever get through.

Are there seriously only a couple of us having this problem? I seem to be the last one left.

I got through after an hour and 43 minutes.

They code guy has a stack of papers to go though first and he came in an hour late this morning because "yesterday was so stressful".

They report that my code should be reinstated "hopefully today".

Are the people who are getting this error Prop members who bought tickets yesterday?

Is your code the same for both presales?

U2SavesTheWorld said:
This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid

WHY WHY WHY

:banghead:

At what point are you guys going to call them back?

I am still waiting for my code to work. My prop code was used once last week just fine but fails this week. I did not use it during the first leg pre-sale.

I just plan to try my code every hour and see what happens. I hope Larry somehow hears about this and cans FanFire!

I have also sent u2.com about a half dozen messages and never received a single reply other than the automated reply to make sure I correctly typed my code in!

Well, now Ticketbastard is saying my presale code is not valid until tomorrow. So apparently, this propaganda member will have to keep her fingers crossed until tomorrow, or go for the public on sale. :shrug: :sigh:

I'm still waiting for my code to become reactivated. I haven't used my code for any of the pre-sales, thats what pisses off. Seems like everyone else was able to buy tickets for at least one show.

Anybody know the status of $160 seats for the Miami show?

I'm done calling for the day, I gotta work today.

binks said:
Are the people who are getting this error Prop members who bought tickets yesterday?

Is your code the same for both presales?

I am a prop member and I was getting the same thing yesterday as I am today.

Still no code.

Ok everyone -- after 24 hours and three calls, 6 emails -- I got my code and there were still GA's for Pittsburgh. Good Luck to everyone else. I guess there still is hope.

:(

I'm truly not holding out hope.

I'm back on hold again....20 minutes and going strong. I don't expect them to ever reinstate my code though.

I'm w/ya U2SavesTheWorld! :hug:
You're still trying at least!!!! I just can't be on hold....I answer the main line at my office. I'm just S.O.L. I'll have to check and see if I can use my code tomorrow. If not....public on sale for me. I've send two emails already to Fanfire and haven't heard anything.

Yeah, this is the 3rd time today that I've been on hold with these jackasses.

I don't even want to talk about yesterday and my hold times.

I've forwarded my email stating "Congratulations! As a former Propaganda member with an unused code, you are eligible in the presale to purchase two tickets to two shows" to them at least 6 times with a long email about what we've all been through.

No response.

Same to U2.com.

:sigh: So probably the presale for the fall leg is split 50/50 that it worked for some and not others.

U2SavesTheWorld.....Did you get tickets for ANY show yet?

the fact that most of us have been on hold between 8 and 9 hours over the past two days is absolutely ridiculous -- these people should have been working through the night.

Additionally, I can't imagine their job is all that hard generally. So, yes, over the past two weeks, they've probably gotten slammed. Boo hoo. That's not that bad when you look at the big picture.

Also, none of this would have happened if they'd done it right in the first place.

zoodishbu said:
:sigh: So probably the presale for the fall leg is split 50/50 that it worked for some and not others.

U2SavesTheWorld.....Did you get tickets for ANY show yet?

Yes, GAs for Saturday first leg Chicago and some nosebleeds for the Monday Chicago show.

I'm so glad I have those, obviously. Trust me, if I didn't have those I'd be having a nervous breakdown right now.
The drama that took place in trying to get those first leg tickets rivals this drama. I faxed my phone bill to FanFire the first time around because it showed 16 calls to them in 3 days.

My code didn't work then which is why I still have it to use now.

And, BLS, :hug: Thanks honey!

:shocked:

118 J K-FAN US $160.00 US $2.00 US $10.60
118 J K-FAN US $160.00 US $2.00 US $10.60

Holy. Shit.

Got a new code and $160 tickets to St. Louis.

I still have no idea if I can use my code twice.

Should I risk it or shoot for Milwaukee general sale?

I'm also going for Omaha general sale.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom