MERGED: All Presale Problems/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My problem also - long time Propaganda and always recognized as such. Bought tickets to Tampa last week but code is no longer good. Tired of listening to U2 on FanFire. Never thought I would get tired of U2 but this fan club is pushing me to the limit.

I'm in the same boat here.

I got this email,

"As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

You will find your UNIQUE PRESALE CODE in the red box on the right hand side of the home page of the Subscribers site when you log in".

Trying to buy tickets to St. Louis and Milwaukee. In TicketMaster at 10:00 on the dot. Go for best available $160 seats.

Instantly get, "Your code has already been used" message.

Call TicketMaster, talk to a manager. She actually says to me, "There is a glitch in our system that is de-activating codes. You'll have to call U2 to get a new code. Thanks for calling".

On hold with Fanfire for 53 minutes, system goes down, kept calling back with two phones. On hold for 25:19 at this point.

Anyone else have the same problem? I did NOT purchase tickets last week.

Here is my question: who exactly are they talking to? If 7 or so of us on here are on hold and haven't spoken with anyone, it makes me wonder. The number of Prop members having trouble can't be that huge. You would think that the number of people here having trouble would account for a reasonable sample for the rest of the country, kind of like a political poll. So if nobody here has gotten through, how many people do they have working there? Three?

In my dealings with Fanfire before (trying to get my Propaganda status recognized way back in December), they proved themselves to be bastions of ineptitude. I'm not really surprised that getting in touch with them is so difficult. But, apparently, my call is important to them.

does anyone have an email address for these people? i have to be in the boardroom to make a presentation in an hour.

or maybe i should just go ahead and get the montreal tickets...

Wow, I hope they have more people working tommorow when the masses of regular u2.comers run into problems. How the hell do you run a business with no system to deal with problems in place for a small number of customers like the Prop members?

when i was on hold before the system outage, i got up and put a michelinas in the microwave, and then returned to the kitchen 4 and a 1/2 minutes later all without a problem. of course, it was all fruitless.

Well, it's officially 9:30 PST. Maybe more people will have slunked into the office by now, including the code man.

I'm actually about to get in the shower. I'm just going to put my phones on the sink and not worry about it.

Of course, it WILL be my luck that they come on while I'm in there and then they will hang up on me.

:|

These are all guesses:
40,000 prop members
20,000 in US
5,000 still had valid codes this week
50 had problems
25 actually know how to get ahold of fanfire
10 have time to sit on the dang phone and they still can't get to any of us in less than an hour?

I don't think our calls are ever going through.

I don't actually think ANY of us have time to sit on the phone. This is insane.

I'm seriously sitting in a hotel room in Overland Park, Kansas. I haven't showered or packed up for a meeting this afternoon and I have to check out of this damn hotel in 21 minutes!!

This is sort of getting funny.

kobayashi said:
does anyone have an email address for these people? i have to be in the boardroom to make a presentation in an hour.

or maybe i should just go ahead and get the montreal tickets...

I would be careful on the Montreal tickets. If they do not recognize your right to use the code twice, you may end up lossing both the set you already bought and the Montreal set you are thinking about (they will eventually figure out people who do not have the right to use their code twice are doing it and pull tickets I've got to believe). Problem is, once they pull the tickets you'll never get them back either. I would keep working on getting the code reset first and only consider the other option as a desperation move later tonight.

whoever gets through first, make the sure the person is ready to help everyone else.

this is getting comical.

I opened my email box this morning to find an email from U2.com advising me that I have finally be recognized as a former Prop member. U2.com changed my pre-sale code, and advised me that I was included in todays pre-sale. Talk about cutting it close, I got the email 40 min before the pre-sale. I wasn't expecting to have the chance to buy today, but I was thrilled none the less.

At 9:50 a.m. this morning I signed into "my account, on the Ticketmaster site, waited until 10:00 a.m. then inputed my Prop pre-sale code and was able to buy amazing seats: :rockon:

Toronto 1, Sec 118, Row 15 (2 tickets).

then I went and bought

Toronto 2, Sec 120, Row 4 (2 tickets).

My Prop code worked great, and there were no issues. I was in and out of the Tickemaster system by 10:04 a.m. with email confirmations waiting in my email box.

Have any of you gone directly to the Ticketmaster site and tried to buy from it? I understand that the Ottawa and Montreal shows are a little more complicated. The reason I ask is becuase I had some doubts about using the links from U2.com.

I hope it works out for all of you. I consider myself very fortunate and I wish all the best of luck to those who are still trying. :sigh:

in all seriousness does anyone know the hours of this place? if i don't get through soon, early tommorow might be the best bet.

I was on hold for an hour, then the line went dead. On hold for another hour and had to hang up. Now I am back on for another 30 mins so far. This is insane!!! I think there is one girl, Michelle, who is the only person on the phones.

Back
Top Bottom