MERGED: All Presale Problems/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome! Sadly, we are all in this together.
I had nosebleeds for Saturday but my friend is buying them from me so he can take his girlfriend (it's her bday). I have GAs for the Monday and Tuesday shows. Maybe I'll catch ya somewhere in the Chitown spread of shows! If all goes well....I'll be hitting St Louis in December and I Chitown in September as well.:hug:

Chizip said:
:up:

just try and see what happens...

Code doesn't work but I've lined up three people to grab Cleveland, Omaha, Milwaukee and maybe two others on Saturday.

We'll see.

Who else is out there that hasn't gotten any yet?

zoodishbu said:
You're welcome! Sadly, we are all in this together.
I had nosebleeds for Saturday but my friend is buying them from me so he can take his girlfriend (it's her bday). I have GAs for the Monday and Tuesday shows. Maybe I'll catch ya somewhere in the Chitown spread of shows! If all goes well....I'll be hitting St Louis in December and I Chitown in September as well.:hug:

We should probably meet and go to therapy together after all of this bullshit.

Maybe we could start a FanFire Screwed Me Support Group. It could meet at each show while we are in line.

:hmm:

CRACK ME UP! I think ALLLLL of us will need some massive support group therapy! :lol:
I'm hoping the shows alone will actually BE my therapy once all is said and done. My hope is that my attitude will go from :banghead: to :dancing: :rockon: :hyper:

Yeah, I should be jumping up and down right now but I'm so exhausted from the drama of the FanFire Incident 2005 that I just want to nap.

Unfortunately, I have to now work because I've done nothing today but copy and paste my code and listen to baaaaaaaaad recordings of Sometimes and City of Blinding Lights.

I tell you what....when they play those two songs, there are going to be a lot of people that are going to spontaneously throw up all over the floor because they think they are back on hold with FanFire.

U2SaveTheWorld.......
I'll let you know if I ever get a St Louis ticket! I'm sure I'll be shut out again tomorrow but I'll let you know after Sat.
Might need to discuss that Fanfire Therapy Group! :scream:

For real, thats cool. I live here so if you need any reccomendations about where to stay, etc. just let me know. There is one hotel that is across the street from Savvis Center that I would reccomend.

mkkearns at gmail dot com

Good luck!

I live in Spfld, IL so I'm only an hour and a half drive away, so I'll be driving back after the gig. I'm down there a lot for shows and such so no biggie but thanks!

Oh right on. Well, thats handy! Make sure you park where you can get out quickly!

I was just in Springfield last week for business.
I stayed at the Hilton downtown. I started out in the Renaissance but the room was so gross that I left and went across the street.

I still haven't received a new e-mail code nor has mine been reset. I just sent another 2 e-mails. If my code doesn't work by tonite and by 10am tomorrow, I'm going to call Fanfire and first words out of my mouth after being on hold for 45+ minutes is "Can I speak with a supervisor please"

This is friggin ridicilous.

Oh, another suggestion.....don't wait until 10 am to call them.

You can go into U2.com and my code was changed in there seconds after I got the email. Keep checking that but, what I did this morning, was call them at about 8:45 central time. Once 10:00 am hits SOMEWHERE all hell breaks loose.

After being on hold for hours yesterday and talking to two people, I finally got a new code emailed to me this afternoon. However, when I went to use it, I got a message that the code had already been used to purchase tickets and was no longer valid. What the hell!?!? Why don't I just give up?

Oh that's awful!!My new code didn't initially work. Then I used the link for the presale on the u2.com website. It worked that time. Is your new code on your U2.com "you've got code" page? My new one was there.

A happy camper here!

New code arrived this afternoon and I was still able to get 2 floor tickets to Minneapolis!

Somehow U2 came through when I had given up hope.

cm said:
A happy camper here!

New code arrived this afternoon and I was still able to get 2 floor tickets to Minneapolis!

Somehow U2 came through when I had given up hope.

Excellent! Same thing happened to me last week. All OK in the end.

Now I'm really confused. Non-Prop. U2.com member here. I was able to get tix in the presale last week but I got another email inviting me to the presale today??? This is such a tease, I'd love to get another pair of tix but I don't want to lose the ones I got last week....

It's a total tease. I AM a former Propaganda member and have received that same email for EVERY presale, and my code has not been active ONCE for any of them. So feel fortunate that it worked for you!! :wink:
I can't be on the phone on hold for hours w/them while I'm at work. No response to my emails either.

I just spoke to Fanfire, I was only on hold for 10 minutes (called at 9:55am). I told them this is my 3rd day in a row my code has not worked and I would like my issue escalated. I believe his name was Rob, and response was "Yes, I can see you've expedited the request on the 15th and 16th" I'm like "Yeaaah". I told him that "I would like this issue resolved ASAP, otherwise I'm going to file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau" I said "I feel like I'm being robbed of my membership fee, I haven't bought any tickets for the tour". Rob's response was "uh huh uh huh"

Man this is irratating. It shouldn't be so hard to reset a freaking password.
If it doesn't work by 2pm, I'm gonna demand to speak with a supervisor.

Last edited:
THERE IS A GOD!!!! I DID get a GA ticket for St Louis today!!! Received the standard email from U2.com today w/my password and the little note that said "there are no GA tickets available" :madspit: but I thought I'd try it anyway! BAM! Got a GA!
U2SavesTheWorld.........Honey! S U C C E S S!! :dancing: :rockon:

After calling for the fifth time and being on hold for 75 mins. I finally got my password reset within 45 mins. That's the good news. The bad news when I used my reset password to look for tickets and searched for $160 seats, I got eats available near the opposite end of the stage. Screw that its now worth $160 to have those seats. So I click on search again, when I re-enter my password I get the same freakin error (password already used to purchase tickets). Arrrrh...Interesting if I logoff U2.com and logon, I can search for tickets, however again best available seats is in 115 section (opposite end of stage). Not worth two $160 tickets. I'll probably have better luck on saturday.

That is so frustratingly enraging, no? I'm sorry that these were your results after days of trying. I think that you're right -- you will have better luck on Saturday.

After sending a few emails, spending several hours on hold, and talking to 6 people...I finally got a new code that actually works after 5:30pm today. There were still GAs available for Cleveland so my patience paid off. Yay. Now, let's hope they don't screw up and cancel my ticket orders!

Back
Top Bottom