MERGED->All Former Prop members with Fanfire issues discussions, comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on hold right now. I've been there before. The reps (who are generally friendly) check the information, confirm your propaganda status, and then forward the information to their supervisor with a promise to send you an email, new code, etc. Except I haven't heard back from the supervisor yet.

Woohoo they recognized me on the Prop list!! Phew. Just hope the code things works out for the presale for Miami next week. They told me it will take a few weeks to get credit back for $20..but right now I care more about the Prop. presale.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point! Phew!

-danielle

I'm glad it went smoothly for the majority of people, but if you're one of those who had code trouble again, it sucks.

I've been a Propaganda member since '94, but didn't get an email yesterday. I called Fanfire and they assured me I was on the Propaganda list and would get 4 tickets. This morning I got 2 tickets for Dallas with no problem, but when I tried to get 2 more was told that my code was not valid.

I spent an hour on hold with ticketmaster and asked to speak to a manager. He was a nice guy, but he honestly didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. He tried to convince me that everyone had a 2 ticket limit. I basically gave up on him and called fanfire again, which was another 80 minute wait, only to be told that their computers were down and they would have to email me a new pass code later.

I have no doubt that it will be resolved, and like I said, I'm glad they got it straigtened out for most people, but when you pay for a service (and get screwed the first time you try to use it) is it too much to expect it to work smoothly the second time around? I've spent the entire day trying to take care of this problem.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but this whole thing has led me to believe that it was a lot easier when you stuck a money order in an envelope.

Quick question .. they told me they would reactivate my old code so I could use it again now as a Prop. member for the Prop. preseale. But I orginally used the code the first time around for leg 1. Should they be sending me a whole new code...or will it be alright since they are now recognizing me as a prop member?

For those who bought tix first time around with u2.com code...when they sent you a prop. email this past weekend.. did it have a new code?

*Just* got my Prop code a minute ago (6pm EST). GAs were still available.

that was the question i was about to ask ! I just got off the phone and they said check my email in 30 mins. I am still waiting...but will post something if/when i do. then again, when i called on monday night, they said i would have something by this morning...

Ok, don't hate me -- I just got my code! Danielle, you will need to log into u2.com and it will appear on the right, in the red box section. My code is/was different from the previous one issued for the first leg. good luck everyone!

Props to fanfire for helping out the truly loyal fans of Propaganda. Yes, I got my code today!

nope..nothing appearing in the red box right now. blah.

aCrobat..did they tell you they would reactivate your old code?

Yes, props to fanfire for sorting this out for propaganda members!

At first they told me they would reactivate my old code, but I never received any email informing me as such and nothing in the red box. of course, the old code never worked at any point today. Around 3 pm PST, I repeated the tortured history to them, basically told them i was still waiting, etc. The woman put me on hold and then came back and promised to send the code within a ha half hour. Sure enough, when i checked u2.com, there it was.

danielle said:
speedracer

how long ago did you talk to FanFire?

I called them this morning, 9 am. I got my new Prop code via email at 6 pm, and it shows in the red box on u2.com.

Well, my 4th call to Fanfire in the last 24 hours. This time the lady was rude after I waited 45 min on hold. She said that they are "being processed in the order received" - which does not jive with the fact that many here have stated that they called this morning and got a code sometime later today.

FOr me, still no email, still no code on U2.com - after 4 calls in the last 24 hours.

The Fanfire rep said that there will be another pre-sale for Prop members next Tuesday. (different cities than this week's).

I'm so freakin upset at Fanfire.

As an aside, it turns out the COO of Signatures Network (the company that owns Fanfire) went to my alma mater. I think I'll shoot him a nice email.

Take back my last email. The code appeared. 2 GA's for 10/4 in Boston bought. I tested a few more cities (like NYC) and GA's are still available.... Thank you fanfire - you almost gave me a heart attack

Happy to hear you got your code. I still havent received word. I will call tomorrow if I wake up and dont receive anything. blah!

They have reps available on the phone 24 hours per day but the backroom people who make the pre-sale thing happen work west coast hours.

Thanks! I just sent them an email too. I know I should not be panicking as I am trying to use the code for Miami, but I just want to feel confident that all is set when I go into the computer system to get tickets next week. I guess I will not truly know until I have the tickets bought!

If I at least see an email and a code on my u2.com site... I will feel better!

;)

Did everyone get new email after speaking with fanfire?

I'm a former prop member, current u2.com. I spoke with fanfire 2 days ago and she gave me my pwd. I still haven't received an email nor does my code show up on u2.com. Did everyone receive a new email or at least see the code on u2.com. Seems like if one of those 2 didn't occur, the pwd may not be invalid. I'm on hold AGAIN with fanfire

Re: Did everyone get new email after speaking with fanfire?

sweetest_thing8 said:
I'm a former prop member, current u2.com. I spoke with fanfire 2 days ago and she gave me my pwd. I still haven't received an email nor does my code show up on u2.com. Did everyone receive a new email or at least see the code on u2.com. Seems like if one of those 2 didn't occur, the pwd may not be invalid. I'm on hold AGAIN with fanfire

They have to do their due deligence. If you are not on former Prop list then you are out of luck in their eyes :(.

Otherwise, the email & code shows up almost same day at least for me.

Sorry if this has been asked but does any1 know:
as a prop member are you allowed to spend your alloted toal of 4 tixs on any 1 show? or spread 2 over 2 different shows?

Thanks

Re: Re: Did everyone get new email after speaking with fanfire?

caylan said:

They have to do their due deligence. If you are not on former Prop list then you are out of luck in their eyes :(.

Otherwise, the email & code shows up almost same day at least for me.

I totally agree but I AM a former prop member and still have the magazine to prove it!! :)

Re: Re: Re: Did everyone get new email after speaking with fanfire?

sweetest_thing8 said:

I totally agree but I AM a former prop member and still have the magazine to prove it!! :)

I wasn't suggesting otherwise :)

I didn't have my prop membership number but I gave them my last 3 addresses that the magazine could have gone to.

That seemed to work.

Still not code/email/u2.com "red box code" for me. I am on hold with them again. Lets see how long it takes today! hehe.

So I finally got through and apparently the person I talked to on Monday didn't request confirmation that I was a former Prop member. Now they are supposed to call me or email me to confirm. Should I hold my breath? (wink)

No...dont hold your breath! hehe. The woman I talked to today say they are very backlogged. They are trying to process all of these requests and promised me it would be taken care of. She told me this is the craziest there office has been with the phones ringing off the hook. She said that the cal she took before mine, the woman was sobbing to her about her code. Man..nuts!! Anyways, she confirmed my info and said she would take care of it as soon as we hung up. I am not holding my breath...cuz I still see no email or code!

fun o fun!

I received my code both in the red box (after you log in to u2.com) and in an email sent to my hotmail account. It took me 3 phone calls to finally get the code, so be patient and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom