MERGED->All Former Prop members with Fanfire issues discussions, comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Former Prop member - called fanfire - still no email????

So I'm a former Prop member and current U2.com member. I called fanfire and they gave me my password yesterday but I still haven't received an email nor have I seen my pwd on u2.com. Should I trust that this pwd works or should I call fanfire again???
thanks!

Fanfire pisses me off...I've been trying to call and get my account upped to Prop status (which it fucking should've been from the start) and I can never get through...I generally hold for about 30 minutes to an hour before I have to just fucking hang up because I have other shit I gotta do.

But it's too late now as th presale started today :( (for prop members that is).

Well here's hopin' I can get some tomorrow.

Just give your old passwrod a try if you remember it - or log in, click on "Tour Info" at u2.com, your code should be on the left side of the page - it is the same from the last time...

Fanfire told me as a former prop member the code would work and that all codes were activated... that is not true. mine doesn't though 5 people there told me it would. Waiting for 30 mins to talk to a supervisor.

btw- all former prop members- was there a mailing or some other notice before U2.com took over and did folks get regular invoices/updates?. I moved and never received anything after 01 and one mag...trying to see who they consider old prop members.

I never got an invoice or update from Prop. Got 3 issues, last in 2002 I believe.

Abogadalme: Did your email from u2.com say "Dear U2.com and former Prop member"?

Same thing happened to me. Ex-prop member who was never recognized as such. 2 calls with Fanfire in the last 3 days. They asured me the email was coming. Still no dice this morning. I called again and was told by a supervisor that the old pre-sale code would work for me. Well it didn't. TM wouldnt accept the old code from the 1st leg of the tour.

now 1 hour on hold and still nothing but hold music. Missed the pre-sale today.

God I hate fanfire. Hoping to get a code for tomorrow's pre-sale.

i only received one email welcoming me into u2.com. since november i have been trying to get the mess resolved cuz i had a feeling this would happen. no help from u2.com. i offered to fax fanfire my prop mags and the stubs from the tix i bought thru prop for elevation. they lied and said all codes were reactivated and i was down as a prop member this morning.

sorry- just to clarify, i did get a code thru u2.com for tix for the first presale which i used. i just can't get them to recognize me as a former prop member eligible to buy today. btw, this presale enda at 10pm so it's not too late to try with a fanfire supervisor for those w/the same problem.

code not re-enabled????

tried to get some tickets for the fall leg and when i went to check out I got a message that said my code was already used. what's going on? the e-mail from u2.com said

"as a former Propaganda subscriber who bought tickets in the earlier presale, we are now reenabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS

This is still screwed up. What a shame! Anyone else having problems. I e-mailed ticketmaster cause I don't have the time here at work to deal with the phone. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Prop member just upgraded U2.com today for presale

Former Prop member (only recognized as such by U2.com this morning) Used code in first sale for SD. Got an e-mail last night with old code no mention of Prop in e-mail. Called (800) 767-7160 this morning and held for an hour. Got through to Maria and she forwarded my info (old address and U2.com order number) to her superviser (whom was not in at the time). Got an e-mail (don't forget to check your Junk Box) within thirty min, just in time to get floors for Dallas. I'm still in shock.... Hang in there and remember you've got all day, so tough it out...

Went pretty smoothly for me!!! I got my 2 GA tickets for Detroit without a problem!
:rockon:

Sorry to hear about those with problems! :sad:

so, i am also trying to get my prop issue cleared up and tried 800-767-7160 number and got thru and waited awhile but had to hang up cause i'm at work. so i called back again got thru to the wait line for about 10 seconds then got disconnected. i called back now 3 times and it says the phone# is disconnected, weird. anyone else have this problem?? is there another # i can call??

Were Propaganda members supposed to be able to buy a total of 2 or 4 tickets today? I bought 2 for a show, went back and put in my code to try to get 2 for another show, and was told my code was no longer valid.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I have noticed people on here saying they got 2 pairs today. Will the codes be reset for tomorrow or the presale next week? Anyone know?

I got 2 pairs today. Went in first and got MSG, then went back in after that transaction and got ATL. I didn't encounter any problems.

medmo said:
Were Propaganda members supposed to be able to buy a total of 2 or 4 tickets today? I bought 2 for a show, went back and put in my code to try to get 2 for another show, and was told my code was no longer valid.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I have noticed people on here saying they got 2 pairs today. Will the codes be reset for tomorrow or the presale next week? Anyone know?

If you were a Prop member who didn't use your code for the 1st leg in Jan, they you were able to buy a pairsfor 2 shows (4 tickets). If you were Prop who used your code, then you were entitled one pair for one show (2 tickets)

I was a Propaganda member and I've only been able to get 2 with my code. My email said I should get 4. I didn't get any last time.

I get the feeling I'm getting screwed again. I guess it's time to do some bitchin'.

medmo said:
I was a Propaganda member and I've only been able to get 2 with my code. My email said I should get 4. I didn't get any last time.

I get the feeling I'm getting screwed again. I guess it's time to do some bitchin'.

I would call Ticketmaster.

I spoke with them this morning and they said U2 were very involved and are watching this closely!

Call them!

I was old propaganda member, but never received the $20 discount for u2.com membership (no biggie, just paid $40 back in dec. to avoid hassle) or a pre-sale code for today. I called last night -- they assured me they'd send a new code (or re-activate the old one) for today. no email. The old pre-sale code does not work. Called again this morning and was on hold for 70 minutes. Finally got through. The rep looked up my info and passed it along to his supervisor. Still waiting to hear back...

so .... let me get this straight.

if you are a U2.com member and you had a code and you got tickets for the 1st leg, then that's it, the code is used up, and those are your promised tickets and you're now on your own to battle with the general public for seats for the 3rd leg?

not trying to be greedy -- am thrilled simply to have tickets -- just want to make sure i've got the facts straight.

Acrobat, I'm in the same boat as mentioned above. I called back 2 hours ago - waited on hold for 60 minutes and was told that they were "re-submitting." Well, after 3 calls in the last 24 hours, I didnt take that as an answer, so I asked to speak to a supervisor again. The supervisor was only slightly more clued in.

I still have no code and no email.There are only a few hours left in today's pre-sale and I am losing hope. I'm going to call one more time and bitch them out.

all the numbers are now busy. i was on hold for almost 2 hours and got kicked outta the system. fuck it. i'll spend my money on bands and venues that aren't so fucking difficult.

good riddance.

Irvine511 said:
so .... let me get this straight.

if you are a U2.com member and you had a code and you got tickets for the 1st leg, then that's it, the code is used up, and those are your promised tickets and you're now on your own to battle with the general public for seats for the 3rd leg?

not trying to be greedy -- am thrilled simply to have tickets -- just want to make sure i've got the facts straight.

You are correct!!

Did anyone have any luck being recognized as propaganda today? Still waiting for a new pre-sale code....Time for another phone call....

I am on the phone with them right now. The woman put me on hold to go check. I am biting my fingers off right now!

Back
Top Bottom