MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
A sneak peek at European leg lighting?

lights.jpg

:hmm:

Last edited:
Also from Willie's Diary. Is this a sneak peak at European stage design (or what is it)????
103.jpg

About the lights...you probably won't see them this closeup during the show....

Last edited:
that is a very ''interesting'' piece of kit. Looks cheap to so i wonder if they're goin 2 make an entire backdrop out of it. Bear in mind they are NOT selling rear-view seats in europe

Vorsprung said:
Also from Willie's Diary. Is this a sneak peak at European stage design (or what is it)????
103.jpg

About the lights...you probably won't see them this closeup during the show....
hmm if that is the stage for europe, i wonder if them 2 things sticking out are ramps?, and how on earth can people say it looks cheesy when its probabley just the test piece? thats obviously not what its going to look like, they are just testing one tiny piece of what could be a huge video screen ala popmart

actually i think that piece is going to be the only lighting they use

Chizip said:
actually i think that piece is going to be the only lighting they use
lol yep, that one piece, right in the middle, nothing else ;-) sounds good

they're are going to set it up on that table at the concerts too

its gonna be so cool :drool:

Chizip said:
they're are going to set it up on that table at the concerts too

its gonna be so cool :drool:
i think i read something ballons being tied to the table also? probabley just a rumour, i will be DISSAPOINTED if we dont get ballons

MTEdge said:
My question is... where is the COBL confetti gonna fall from? :wink: :eyebrow:

i heard they were going to have big barrels of confetti at the entrance, and people are supposed to grab a handful as they go in

then when u2 comes on stage everybody is supposed to throw it in the air

Chizip said:

i heard they were going to have big barrels of confetti at the entrance, and people are supposed to grab a handful as they go in

then when u2 comes on stage everybody is supposed to throw it in the air
cheaper than a blimp

maybe he got the measurements wrong. he's thinking "i told them metres not millimetres", a la spinal tap!!!

Did you notice that all (I believe) stadiums they play at have fold-out (or however you say this) roofs? Maybe this is a clue...

God Part III said:
Did you notice that all (I believe) stadiums they play at have fold-out (or however you say this) roofs? Maybe this is a clue...
nope not at the city of manchester, or hampden

in seriousness, if they want confetti they can just use those canon things that shoot stuff into the air

like they did during zootv with the macphisto money

Oh that'd be a great idea... Anyone remember Adam flinching/ducking during "Crashed Car" as the macphisto money was being launched on the Sydney video?! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

On Willies Diary:

I had come to look at some top secret video technology which is being flung together for our European stadium show. With me came some of the UVA guys, who are getting their heads round how this will all run in the new outdoor format. We were greeted by our favourite Belgians and we spent the afternoon or so figuring out how we would make it all work.

Top secret video technology!:hyper:

LostAtMoon said:
On Willies Diary:

I had come to look at some top secret video technology which is being flung together for our European stadium show. With me came some of the UVA guys, who are getting their heads round how this will all run in the new outdoor format. We were greeted by our favourite Belgians and we spent the afternoon or so figuring out how we would make it all work.

I am so glad I'm going to a show in Europe. Never before has a tour been so different between continents (other than Lovetown since it didn't exist in the US, I'd consider that a drastic difference). I'm smelling Popmart II in the making here. In all seriousness though, why don't they just bring back the screen, or at least sections of it. I don't see how the Popmart screen is that much different that the one in this thread, althought technology has probably improved since 1997 ;)

Re: A sneak peek at European leg lighting?

Chizip said:

Is this the lighting gadget from Mr. Holland's Opus? Where he massacres John Lennon's work for his hearing impaired son? Looks like it.

I like chizip's call of this being the only lighting for the outdoor tour...just that and a stadium. freakin NICE.

"I had come to look at some top secret video technology which is being flung together for our European stadium show. With me came some of the UVA guys, who are getting their heads round how this will all run in the new outdoor format. We were greeted by our favourite Belgians and we spent the afternoon or so figuring out how we would make it all work."

our favourite belgians
:rockon:

:whistle:

the soul waits said:
"I had come to look at some top secret video technology which is being flung together for our European stadium show. With me came some of the UVA guys, who are getting their heads round how this will all run in the new outdoor format. We were greeted by our favourite Belgians and we spent the afternoon or so figuring out how we would make it all work."

our favourite belgians
:rockon:

:whistle:
I am jioning that oppinnion too ! Belgians ruullee !(oh I am sorry :reject:, This is the first time I am proud to be one) :dance: :rockon:

MTEdge said:
Oh that'd be a great idea... Anyone remember Adam flinching/ducking during "Crashed Car" as the macphisto money was being launched on the Sydney video?! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was thinking the same thing. That is funny. Sounded like a bomb going off and Adam is trying to play with Bono looking crazy. Classic.

You guys going to the European stadium shows are lucky. The production is going to be so much bigger. Instead of the confetti, Bono should just walk out with some fireworks, light them and run :|

zoopop said:

I was thinking the same thing. That is funny. Sounded like a bomb going off and Adam is trying to play with Bono looking crazy. Classic.

You guys going to the European stadium shows are lucky. The production is going to be so much bigger. Instead of the confetti, Bono should just walk out with some fireworks, light them and run :|

yeah.. they SHOULD :angry:

it's time for some FIREWORKS... I mean... it's outdoors, right?

It would be like a KISS show, only instead of the ending, this would be the beggining :rockon:

and obviously... fireworks are blinding... right? :wink:

mmm... frieworks :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom