MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoofred said:
On u2achtung.com there is a brand new picture of the unfinished stage.

2005-06-05-12.jpg

There will be two catwalks bracket-shaped with small stages at the end of each, as it has been described previously.

Don't want to worry you but this is just an artwork from someone...THIS IS NOT THE REAL THING...

thank you menelaos, but it is not so similar, you can think what you want but don't pretend to know what is real ;-)

the picture you posted is an artwork based on a real photography.

Last edited:
the spaces behind the two catwalks are lighting pits. the lighting rigs raise and lower from there. Remember Popmarts biggest problem from the lighting side was the lack of space to hang lights. The lighting racks raise and lower from there. There's also going to be two rows of the vari-lights running the length of the two catwalks on the main stage, these give atmosphere lighting to PA stacks.

that is going to be so sweet

i so hope they come to the US for a stadium leg

wow, that looks awesome, are those the LED balls as well, they must be bright because thats during the day and they show very well. i still like the ellipse lighting, but do like the idea of changing it up.

I'm guessing the 2 wide TV screens on the top corners of the rig will be the "4 screens - 1 per member" just like the indoor shows.

Also, they could be getting light curtains - hanging over the speaker stacks and hidden under those silver things.

u2fp

I noticed some openings at the bottom of the front of the stage, do you think they could still extend something from this area to go out into the crowd a bit. I can't see them couped up on the stage as it looks right now, it seems they'd want to add a front section.

Here's where I mean:
outsidewextensions.jpg

<<no curtains>>

That makes sense. The one "work in progress" photo has something over the speaker stacks that's showcasing visuals used in SYCMIOYO.

Also the sideview photo from outside the venue has a close up of the speaker stack that negate any curtains.

Also, the curtains aren't neede because there's no seats behind the stage.

u2fp

menelaos said:

Don't want to worry you but this is just an artwork from someone...THIS IS NOT THE REAL THING...

The pic definitely looks photoshopped, but just to illustrate what things are. The colorbars just look they are illustrating that those are the black and white video screens. The backdrop led lights look enhances as well, but as a whole I don't think it's too far off.

OffAxis said:

The pic definitely looks photoshopped, but just to illustrate what things are. The colorbars just look they are illustrating that those are the black and white video screens. The backdrop led lights look enhances as well, but as a whole I don't think it's too far off.

you're telling us that all these photos at this link are photoshopped?

http://users.pandora.be/benb/pages/brussels.htm

Remember this sketch?

Seems like the current photo that's published doesn't have enough of a main stage other than the catwalks. There's got to be something protruding... hopefully the person taking these pictures can get another shot. Nice work!
oldsketch1.jpg

maybe its just me.......But ....Notice the little mark in the middle of the screen (Not the ones on the side, the 'screen' in the middle......its in the same area on both pictures.....just maybe, It COULD be photoshopped.

2005-06-05-12.jpg

01u2.jpg

Another improvement over the Popmart tour:

Stereo sound!!!!!

u2fp

BTW, it amazes me how good that setup looks from the very back of the stadium nosebleed seats.

after blowing it up in photoshop and looking at it more closely i would say the dark pixel repeatition throughout the middle of the panel is a row of lights, the other repeating bits throughout that seem to make rows look like the behind supports/scaffolding..

looks real to me - turrn it on! we wanna see! :wink:

u2wedge said:

sorry, should have posted this link: http://www.u2achtung.com/01/photos/galerie.php?theme=31

I don't think they're photoshopped, what makes you think that? Just asking, as I can't really see any obvious 'enhancements'.

thanks.

The color bars look way too bright. Think about what those color bars would look like from that far away. (And light does diffuse with distance.) Think about what the Zoo TV color bars looked like. A picture of a video source is never that clear. If you want to test this take a picture of your tv and see if it lost any clarity.

To clarify a little bit I just think the photo was enhanced with photoshop. The stage form is real. The screen just looks a little weird and then the color bars and other gray screens look really weird. I'm no adobe expert so I'm may be way off.

EDIT - Now I just took a closer look at the pic and I have now changed my opnion about the photoshop. I think it's legit and that screen is just freakin' clear. :drool: If you zoom in on the pics the you'll notice the same level of graininess throughout the photo. Now really good photoshop people could do that, but why would someone spend that much time to do that.

Last edited:
do you think there will be catwalks? or b stage? cus there seems to be a barrier already put up in front of stage!

andyuk said:
do you think there will be catwalks? or b stage? cus there seems to be a barrier already put up in front of stage!

If you see more closely the first pic.,the barrier does not "close''....
There are gaps in the down middle....
I think today or tomorrow we are gonna have a clear shot....
To the guy that takes the pictures...:GO GO GO..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom