MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace_Hero said:

Mikal, I have it on authority there will be two 20 ft. lemons in the gaps between the runway and the stage on the left and right sides, where both Adam and The Edge will perform a tapdance on top of each during the new setlist staple of Miami.

now we're rolling!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vertigo%20stage3.jpg

bathiu said:
I don't get it... why not a normal ellipse then???
something to do with health and safety i am lead to belive, i dont know how they worked around it for the elevation tour,

i like the idea of 2 b stages, kinda back to the popmart, zootv days

Good news... it's daylight on those pics and the screen is bright and strong... so even those 4 first songs (still in daylight) may have some special FX... :)

New pictures looking good! Bathiu is that scetch of yours accurate or is it just a guess! From what we have been hearing i thought that there would be no ellipse?

TheEdge1987 said:
New pictures looking good! Bathiu is that scetch of yours accurate or is it just a guess! From what we have been hearing i thought that there would be no ellipse?
its not an ellipse, its just too ramps heading out into 2 different b stages

So there is gonna be two extensions out into the audience with two b-stages attached onto them... Think it would be silly if there was nothing else extending into the audience...

TheEdge1987 said:

That's only a picture I've found on U2tour.de's forum...

As I understand all those rumors about the stage is that the picture from U2.com's diary is exactly the final version of the stage with one small diference... those two walkways/legs are not straight "|""|" but are allitle curved "("")", creating something like "opened ellipse"...
there are still two b-stages and technicaly there is no "ellipse" only "something like ellipse"...:huh:

bathiu said:

That's only a picture I've found on U2tour.de's forum...

As I understand all those rumors about the stage is that the picture from U2.com's diary is exactly the final version of the stage with one small diference... those two walkways/legs are not straight "|""|" but are allitle curved "("")", creating something like "opened ellipse"...
there are still two b-stages and technicaly there is no "ellipse" only "something like ellipse"...:huh:
but the weaird thing is, they have yet to put them in

TheEdge1987 said:
So there is gonna be two extensions out into the audience with two b-stages attached onto them... Think it would be silly if there was nothing else extending into the audience...
why what else would you like into the audience? what else could they put?

ZooTv, only had a walkway leading to a bstage, same with popmart, that actually had a lemon also

KUEFC09U2 said:
but the weaird thing is, they have yet to put them in
Maybe they would disturb the work... all those trucks, machines, people with stage equipment moving around the stage...:shrug:

bathiu said:

Maybe they would disturb the work... all those trucks, machines, people with stage equipment moving around the stage...:shrug:
very true, they may wait until the last minute

When you look at the picture, you'll see that the soccer pitch is still uncovered. The grass will be covered before anything else happens... 26.000 jumping U2fans will destroy the pitch...

Zoovation said:
There will be a kind of ellipse, that means there will be two catwalks on Edge's and Adam's side with a B-stage on both ends, but they know have decided that the two parts of the catwalk will have a round form to built an ellipse. Between the two B-stages there will be a gap. So it is an ellipse that is open towards the audience. There will be barrier between the B-stages, so that there will be two exclusive areas in front of the stage: the first one like it was on the Elevation Tour in the heart, but this time inside an open ellipse. The second area is outside the ellipse in front of the B-stages.

you don't think those two 'arms' extending out from each side of the stage are the 'catwalks'? and the open areas on each side of the stage are the 'inside' GA sections?

so as someone said earlier with the straight catwalks being replaced by ones shaped like ) and ( are off the sides instead of going out into the field?

42458b4e.jpg

Last edited:
On u2achtung.com there is a brand new picture of the unfinished stage.

2005-06-05-12.jpg

There will be two catwalks bracket-shaped with small stages at the end of each, as it has been described previously.

zoofred said:
On u2achtung.com there is a brand new picture of the unfinished stage.

2005-06-05-12.jpg

There will be two catwalks bracket-shaped with small stages at the end of each, as it has been described previously.

Holy Sh...!

Looks like it's going to be the best ever outdoor shows IMHO.

Looks awesome, should be quite a spectacle. Like I said before though, the target stripe sections are the PA stacks, nothing more.

Will be interesting to see what the ramps extending out onto the field look like.

u2wedge said:

you don't think those two 'arms' extending out from each side of the stage are the 'catwalks'? and the open areas on each side of the stage are the 'inside' GA sections?

so as someone said earlier with the straight catwalks being replaced by ones shaped like ) and ( are off the sides instead of going out into the field?

42458b4e.jpg

I don't think that's how they'll do it cos the GA pit's wouldn't be that great! (you'd only be able to see one side of the stage - ie. Edge or Adam not both)

God Bless, Rich

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom