MERGED--> ALL European GA Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope in the Fall that the lottery does not come back to the U.S. If it does we need to protest this lottery.

Super_Fan said:
I hope in the Fall that the lottery does not come back to the U.S. If it does we need to protest this lottery.

the lottery in December is your friend....

so how do ya get up front? theres a barrier there not far from the 2 stages..........

leg 2 ga situation?

how does it work..is it truly ga.

and what time are people lining up..

esp for the dublin shows...

how does it work in europe?

sam b

Are there GA 'tiers' in Europe?

I've read a few posts saying things like, "You'll definately get to the front of the floor (i.e. between the b stages) if you have a blue zone ticket"...

Does anybody know if it's a free-for-all or not? My propaganda GA tickets for Cardiff are bright green and normal GA tickets for London are red.. does this actually mean anything?

And for those of you that were in Brussels, does the front section on the floor get closed once it's full?

Apologies for so many questions, but I'll be trying to organise about 15 people for these concerts (like herding cats), so the more information I have the better!!

the blue zone does indeed only goes for brussels (and poland has also something similiar i think) so its not free for all (those tix were 20 euros more so you had to have a blue zone ticket..)

if you want to be in front at most of the other shows you proabably just have to get there really early

Thanks folks - yes, menelaos it looks like we have a run on our hands!

I think the 'run and walk at the same time' combo (needed to not upset security) is one of the more comedic manouvres that I've seen over the years!!

liverpool u2 fan said:
if you look at the web cam in germany there is a seperate GA section there too

yeah thats probabably in all stadiums to prevent people from crushing eachother. Its just that brussels sold special tix for that area and most other venues dont (im not 100% sure though but i didnt see it anywhere else except for the poland tickets)

So to be in that area you have to come early and be one of the first in..(makes it kind of fair though)

Last edited:
It's a wave breaker as zooholland explain... if you look at Slane, you can see there too...

Lottery elipse in Europe?

Can anyone tell me whether they're back to the good ol' 'first come first served' basis or whether they're still using the shitty lottery system?

:huh:

Re: Are there GA 'tiers' in Europe?

Jim said:
I've read a few posts saying things like, "You'll definately get to the front of the floor (i.e. between the b stages) if you have a blue zone ticket"...

Does anybody know if it's a free-for-all or not? My propaganda GA tickets for Cardiff are bright green and normal GA tickets for London are red.. does this actually mean anything?

I have similar tix to you for Cardiff, the thing that struck me most about them is that mine have "Gate 1" as the entrance point which basically leads to the NW corner of the stadium and presumably onto the pitch at the side of the stage.

I'm wondering if that means we'll get fed through into the area inside the first crowd control barrier and that other GA tix exist which use a different gate that allows the holder to only get so far up the pitch.

I remember the ZOOROPA gig at the old Arms Park my tickets only got me as far as the crowd barrier about a 3rd of the way up the pitch.

Perhaps, fan club ticket buyers got the "up front" tickets with everyone else getting whatever's left on a first come first served basis.

Anyone have GA for Cardiff not using Gate 1?

Back
Top Bottom