MERGED--> ALL Discussion of U2 tickets on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So why are people buying off Ebay...

... when the public sale hasn't even happened yet? I mean, why not take your chances this weekend and then resort to Ebay/scalperes? Plus, one would think there will be even more tickets on Ebay after the public sale this weekend.

What's the rush?

Note that the description says:

"Tickets will ship when received from the promotor"

Hope they don't mean IF received from promoter...

Im looking on ebay to see where all the good tickets went. Either the answer is there or they are lying probably some of both.

bono_man2002 said:
Its a wonder how a scalper survies.....i mean U2 only tour every 4 years or so.
I'd hate to think of how aussie scalpers are doing.

"Two tickets to see the Australian cricket team beat yet another country over here! Anyone want two tickets to see Australia win again?"

How is this legal? (Ebay) Take Action!

As of today, with no tickets on sale to the general public there are currently at least
1006 auctions listed on EBAY for U2 tickets (the majority of the GA) and EVERY SINGLE one selling for multiple times face value.

This is illegal. Why are District Attorney's in these cities not taking action? Why is this criminal behavior allowed in our society?

Write to Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=f:f:US

Report everyone of these illegal auctions.

Contact your Representative:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Sign a petition to enforce NY State Scalping Laws:

http://www.petitiononline.com/nytix02/petition.html

Its just plain bullshit. I understand market economics. I understand supply and demand. I don't understand the morality of providing known ticket brokers premium seats prior to published public onsales. It is fraud.

Don't put up with this.

I am a speech pathologist and even I can't put into words how disgusted I am by the amount of tickets available on ebay. Disgusted about this whole pre-sale B.S. in general.

Selling tickets on Ebay

I hope all the people that ILLEGALLY bought up most of the damn Madison Square Garden *and anywhere else* tickets BURN IN HELL!!! I feel like tracking down and emailing a few of those assholes on ebay and telling them that I'm reporting them to the people on U2.com. That'll be my task this saturday. I spent day after day logging into the site for just 2 tickets and couldn't get a half of one.

I'm pissed but it's okay, I'll go for what I can possibly maybe get on Monday and come autumn if the boys return I'm getting my damn tickets. I hope by then they have a system set up like that for people that illegally download music so that you get a fat fuckin' fine for trying to cash in on U2 fans when you don't give a rat's ass about the band! GRR! :mad:

EBay invisible tickets

If you look at many if not most of the listings on EBay (especially GA) they don't have the ticktets in hand and many sellers say they don't ship until a week or two before the show.

Basically, they are banking on getting tix during the general sale on Saturday, or buying low and selling high from others. I would never buy from EBay for crazy prices, and NEVER NEVER buy when they don't even have the tickets yet (and may never have them).

MrBrau1 said:
Don't bid on them. Then the price goes down, and you can purchace later at a lower price. I remember GIVING away tickets for Popmart. Literally stanting inside the gate, hand outside the fence waving a ticket. Made some girls day.

Why don't people understand that? Geez, talk about overreacting. IF those people have real tickets, it's not like they're gonna stop scalping tickets nor will you gain access to them.

Were there this many auctions on ebay for the elevation tour? Didn't U2 (or was it VH1) auction off tickets?

Over 1000 auctions at ebay.co.uk

For u2 in the tickets category, there are over 1000 listings (including 1 in 'comedy', 1 in 'theme parks' and 1 in 'exhibitions'). Jeez, did anyone keep their tickets?

What gets me is that no-one has any dignity any more. It used to be that you had to advertise you're tickets on ebay as being a 'free gift'. For example, you had to sell "A Shiny 1 Pence coin (with free tickets to see Radiohead June 17th)" or something similar. Kids these days :shrug:

Last edited:
lets expose ebay scalpers here!

I am very frustrated and upset at the fact that scalpers are making the big bucks and getting away with it while us deserving fans can't get seats cos of them. U2.com said they need our help in getting ebay scalpers so why not use this thread to post up the names and id's of the scalpers and then we can send this list to u2.com. Its just one battle that could make a difference. I also took it one step further today and e-mailed bidders to two vancouve tickets auctions warning them that the tickets have not even gone on sale yet and that the seller does not have the tickets. I also e-mailed the seller of the two auctions notyfying him that what he is doing is wrong and that he will be reported. so let me start by putting his id here. I encourage everyone to post ids here if you see people selling tickets at like a 400-1000% markup value. Lets fight these bastards and show U2.com that we mean business and show those jerks of ticket brokers and scalpers that they will go down!

Thank you very much in this matter!
Nico

the one i am exposing now is:

newburystreettickets - he/she is selling vancouver tickets for 250-300 dollars but the thing is vancouver tickets have not yet gone on sale!

buckinut13 - selling tickets at 749 US dollars LA and tickets at 450 US dollars

solid3 - selling tickets at 449 us dollars
live_from_las-vegas - selling tickets at 1095 GBP
whereyousittin - selling tickets at 999 US dollars
lexie2000hunting - selling tickets at 1300 US dollars
yoursourcefortickets - selling tickets at 5,500 us dollars!!!
rumseyisland selling tickets at 1,995 us dollars!
tix_fix - selling tickets at 1,700 us dollars
easytickets124 - selling tickets at 1,500 US dollars

What can you do? Report them? For what?

Emailing bidders is auction interference and actually you could get in trouble for that. :huh:

as long as i can expose one person even if its one person you already made a difference. Its like crime in general there is so much of it that what can you do about it? not much but ill tell you things would be alot worse now if nowbody fought crime and even thought there is so much of it you do what you can to expose it.

Last edited:
Because the guy is an insider???

Not that this is unexpected -- extra shows always magically appear.

Face it. Shows added today have been planned long in advance.

More of a shame that tickets to the added shows were not made available to fan club members.

People start the auctions under the ASSUMPTION that they will get tickets. Most of the time they do - if they don't they'll cancel it.

fmattyh said:
People start the auctions under the ASSUMPTION that they will get tickets. Most of the time they do - if they don't they'll cancel it.

This is a good point -- don't buy from eBay unless the seller can show you an actual scan of the ticket you'd be receiving.

these ebay F*ckers should know that you can't sell something on ebay that is not in their possesion. They are all breaking ebay policy but then again EBAY is a peice of sh*t that doesnt enforce its policies too well!

I hate ebay
I hate tickmaster
I hate ticket brokers
I hate Scalpers

Back
Top Bottom