MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from atu2.com:

Official word on GA lineups

We've received official confirmation from U2's publicity staff on the procedure being used for the GA lineups:

"There are 2 lines: one for U2.com, one for the others. The U2.com line will be allowed in first, tickets scanned, and random selection will determine if the ticket holder gets into the elipse or not.

Fan club members will be allowed the first entrance into the arena.

Once the fan club line has been exhausted, the other GA line will go through the same process."

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
from atu2.com:

We've received official confirmation from U2's publicity staff on the procedure being used for the GA lineups:

"There are 2 lines: one for U2.com, one for the others. The U2.com line will be allowed in first, tickets scanned, and random selection will determine if the ticket holder gets into the elipse or not.

Once the fan club line has been exhausted, the other GA line will go through the same process."

Sorry if this has been mentioned but how do they determine who is a memebr of u2.com?

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
from atu2.com:

And how does one prove they are a U2.com member? When are the tickets scanned? When you arrive? When you are let in? Still plenty of questions.

So what happens to those shows that were not onsale in the presale? A free for all?

Non of this makes much sense........

1) San Jose 2, as someone else mentioned, never had a presale........so obviously some other policy would be forced to be instituted.....

2) How would they know if you were a fanclub member? I hope it's not the keychain, as I just got back to SF from my home which is three hours away....and I can't get back there unless I get my dad to pick me up.....

3) It's interesting to see all of the conflicting policies and zaniness of it all.....I'm still not sure what to expect. :eyebrow:

They know by the ticket whether or not it was bought during the pre-sale or not. Simply as that. I don't think they're going to check ID cards, etc. etc. There just going to check the ticket. If you have a ticket that was bought during the pre-sale it will come up as that during the scan.

J

What happens if you have a presale ticket while your friends have general sale tickets? Do people get to pick someone to go with them to the oval or is it only your ticket which determines this? This could really be messy for people and their friends.

I've got GA's for all four Philly shows. The 5/14 is presale purchased and does not have any indication of FAN on it. 5/22 was not presold so it does not have it either. The October tickets are the same way except both were purchased in presale, neither have FAN written on them.

If it's preordained who gets into the thing, that's just fucking wrong.

What about all the added shows that did not have presales? I realize they did give out additional tickets to some people who had problems with the initial presales, but that could not have been many.

So how will it work for everyone else? Is it still random? This is making less and less sense as time goes by.

OK, what if you are a U2.com member in the uk where there was no presale? I havent had any type of membership pack. Just a confirmation email. Whats gonna stop everyone now joining U2.com so there will be 15,000 in the U2.com line and noone in the GA line???

Oh My God!!!

Jo.

If you think about it, it is pretty simple.

1. If a show had a pre-sale then there will be two lines (one for tickets bought during the pre-sale another for tickets bought during the general sale).

2. If a show had no pre-sale, I would assume that it would be only one line. However, the lottery would still be in effect.

However, on thing this lottery neglects to take care of is the fact that people will still wait on line for ever, since they will want to get the best spot either inside/outside of the egg.

J

BigMacPhisto said:

1) San Jose 2, as someone else mentioned, never had a presale........so obviously some other policy would be forced to be instituted.....

2) How would they know if you were a fanclub member? I hope it's not the keychain, as I just got back to SF from my home which is three hours away....and I can't get back there unless I get my dad to pick me up.....

3) It's interesting to see all of the conflicting policies and zaniness of it all.....I'm still not sure what to expect. :eyebrow:

BigMacPhisto said:

Let's clear something up... the "official word" as posted by @U2 has no mention of a presale. Simply U2.com members.

U2.com members go first? w00t! This will make life easier for me when I go. Props to Bono and Larry et al.!

As far as calling it the Ellipse, I bet they decided to let the Edge design the stage.

Sounds like they scan the ticket when you get there to determine if you go into the general line or the U2.com line.

Then they allow the U2.com line in first, then scan each member ticket a second time to. This is the "random" part of the draw as not all U2.com ticket holders get into the elipse. I suspect that those members who don't get into the elipse will then get first crack at the outside of the elipse. After the U2.com ticket holders are taken care of, the general line will be let in, in the order in which they lined up.

This policy will likely only apply for those shows which were made available to U2.com or Prop members as a "pre-sale" show. The none pre-sale shows will likely institute a wrist-band or random lottery for all GA ticket holders.

Derek said:

Let's clear something up... the "official word" as posted by @U2 has no mention of a presale. Simply U2.com members.

Let's clear something up. @U2 was wrong about the whole wristband thing in the first place. From their supposed "contact" who had an All Access badge.

I would not necessarily rely on what they say at this point.

innominata8 said:
no doubt about it...that's what the 'fan' on GA pre-sale tix is going to be used for.

sweet!!

Of course theres doubts about it. Not every venue has the same system, and not every show was pre-sold.

SoCalMusicLover said:

Let's clear something up. @U2 was wrong about the whole wristband thing in the first place. From their supposed "contact" who had an All Access badge.

I would not necessarily rely on what they say at this point.

So true.

And yes Axver....I'm turning grey as we speak....

My concern is that there are many of us who are travelling to shows with a few people and want to partake in the concert with their friends/family. There are 6 in my family with GA tix for the 2nd Vancouver show.

Also, I traded my presale GA tix already so I could go on the same date as the rest of my family. It seems so much simple to have a regular GA line.

bonosleftone said:

Of course theres doubts about it. Not every venue has the same system, and not every show was pre-sold.

i was referring to determining whether or not the tix was purchased with the pre-sale or not.

boosterjuice said:
My concern is that there are many of us who are travelling to shows with a few people and want to partake in the concert with their friends/family. There are 6 in my family with GA tix for the 2nd Vancouver show.

Also, I traded my presale GA tix already so I could go on the same date as the rest of my family. It seems so much simple to have a regular GA line.

That's because it is. This is the worst idea I've ever heard of for a concert...

Back
Top Bottom