MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
editorinchief said:
You also have to factor in that the odds are that u2.com/presale ticket fans are probably more apt to be there earlier. There could be 200 people in the u2.com line before there are 100 in the other. That 100th non u2.com person probably has a better shot at getting in the "egg" as someone in the u2.com line who got there earlier...

just a thought

Is anybody else feeling like we're living Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

LOVE the quote about "my ticket says SUCK IT"
:giggle:

Mine says U R 1 HOSED FAN (just kidding, I'm happy I'm going)

from @u2
@U2's staff is in San Diego and on its way to the iPayOne Center this morning where we're hearing additional information about how the GA lineup is being handled. It appears the "random generator" method explained by a U2 staffer in Los Angeles Saturday is not in place, or perhaps wasn't explained correctly.

What seems to be happening is that fans' tickets are being scanned by security on arrival, and based on that scan, fans are being sent to one of two lines. Perhaps it'll be U2.com members getting into the egg? That's how most bands do it -- fan club members get the best "seats".

More to come throughout the day - please keep an eye on our blog for the latest.

it sounds like standing there is line doesn't mean anything? That the lottery itself is based on the ticket you have when they scan it at a certain time, probably when the doors open. That is a very good way to do the lottery, having it be your ticket rather than having to put wrist bands on and people having to arrive at 9 am to get the wrist band etc.

It's almost 11 am here

Your ticket will be scanned twice, once to determine if it is a valid ticket and then you proceed to a second scanner to determine if it is eligible for the ellipse.

Ok now, this just sounds silly. I don't care if it's first come first served or lottery. But, if you are going to do a lottery don't make people wait for 12 hours, then tell them you have to go to the back of the line.

The system that was mentioned earlier, with the random number generator seems like a fair lottery, if you are going to have one.

Hmmm.... I'm confused. :confused: but still crazy excited :combust: my first u2 floor show :rockon:

Edited to say: It is now raining in San Diego.

Now would be a good time for those in line to start shitting said lemons.

Of course rain in So Cal is equivalent to a foggy mist, so maybe they shouldn't be too worried.

KentK said:

So is the 2nd scan where a "lottery" system comes in? Does ANYONE sitting there know if they will be in the oval or not?

nope- you only find out once your ticket is scanned for the second time. it is pouring now- i am back at the hotel taking a quick shower, then heading back to the GA line... will report after the show! :)

they just took the TM down, usually before concerts they don't take it down until about 2 pm. Could mean it will come back up with great tickets, or never come back up.

thank you Ally! That is really interesting. So sitting there in line is meaningless then, you will be let in by your ticket when it is scanned? Or you still need to sit there all day for the outside of the oval which is first come first serve?

starsgoblue said:
I'm concerned bout the system....I am taking a family member with me to one of the shows and I really do not want to be separated.

I agree i'm taking my mom i don't want us to be seperated ....:|

Hopefully they will at least allow people to pair up and see if one of their 2 tickets is oval-designated. Otherwise, it will be messy seperating up people/family members.

If your ticket does NOT get you into the Egg surley if your the first person in the line you wil lstill get to go right to the front

So If I am #1 and I aint in the egg surley they will let me stay in line and still be the first into the arena to get outside of the egg?

This is really a weird system. The point of doing a lottery is (partly) to prevent people from lining up too early. Now people will line-up early anyways since it will determine whether or not they will have a good spot, inside or outside the egg/ellipse. Even then, some people will show up at the very last minute and still get in the ellipse because they will have a lucky number.

If you're going to do a lottery, why not do it the simple way? Like, every one is given a wristband or number, then one number is picked up later in the afternoon, and it becomes the first number. Then everyone can go in order and choose to go in the ellipse or not if there are in the first 400.

This system seems to be the most complicated they could think of, and not necessarily fair...

That being said, whatever system they have I'm still pumped about having GA tickets!:hyper: It's going to be awesome no matter what.

(but I'm quite happy I won't see the show until much later and things will have settled down hopefully...)

starsgoblue said:
I'm concerned bout the system....I am taking a family member with me to one of the shows and I really do not want to be separated.

Here what I can guess/assume

1. There are 200 lottery winners, each gets to bring one other person with them into the Egg. 400 GA's in the Egg. So if you are with someone else should be no problem.

My question is: Do you find out when you get there if you are in the "Egg"? or do you have to wait until you get inside the arena. It would be nice if they told you if you "won" the lottery so you didn't have to spend all day on line. However, it would also be nice to know if you lost, since you could concentrate on getting a good spot on the outside of the Egg.

This whole think is just one big omelet.

I'm willing to bet that Fan club tickets are automatic for the oval. It would make sense for a number of reasons. Notice the GA policy has been and still kind of is under wraps. Keeps scalpers from marking up "FAN" tickets until the last minute.

cbradfly1 said:
I'm willing to bet that Fan club tickets are automatic for the oval. It would make sense for a number of reasons. Notice the GA policy has been and still kind of is under wraps. Keeps scalpers from marking up "FAN" tickets until the last minute.

True, but that only realy works for the first show :)

what I don't understand is how people are going to stay on these organized lines if nobod official tells them what these lines mean????

Last edited:
trojanchick99 said:

You've obviously not been in SoCal this winter. More rain than Seattle. WooHoo!

I live in So Cal, so yes, I know what you speak of. Let's not take this sign of the Apocalypse as the standard rule of thumb for So Cal. Those who live here know that typically when it drizzles, people freak.

WAR Storm Watch U2005!! hahahaha!!! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom