MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"printing my ticketmaster screwup letter as we speak" since I can't find my stupid keychain

People in the GA line right now are probably less stressed than all of us here ! I don't think we'll have a problem in the long run, but it's normal for the first few shows to be a little confusing. In the end, I think U2 is trying to please everyone with this.

Holy crap. I walk away from the computer for a few hours and all hell breaks loose... :| :crazy: :crack:

Looks like u2.com/presale ticketholders will get a chance at being in the egg (same as non-presale?).

Even if they don't get in the egg at least they get first crack at being outside the egg.

innominata8 said:

i agree: it's likely the barcode. the GA0, GA6, etc... is based on the system that they use to sell reserved floor seats at shows. they're (i think) just using this system as a way to keep track of how many GA tix are sold, and nothing more.

Thing is though theres two lines, whats to stop someone with a regular sale GA ticket from lining up in the U2.com line when theres no clear distinction on the ticket. I highly doubt they're scanning tickets early.

The only differences on my tickets are the #'s after the GA. One was presale, one was general sale. The bar codes are different though, remarkably at that.

It'll be interesting to see if they have a legend lmao.

so when you arrive at the arena, security shoves a beeper up your ass, simliar to those given out at the outback and other various resturants.

they then split the lines up between those who have a beeper shoved up their ass and those who do not have a beeper shoved up their ass.

when it's time to go inside the arena, security sets off the beepers at random. those who's ass beeps are allowed in, those who's ass does not beep go in second. those who crapped out the beeper earlier in the day are shit out of luck.

ChangeTheTemperature said:
Looks like u2.com/presale ticketholders will get a chance at being in the egg (same as non-presale?).

Even if they don't get in the egg at least they get first crack at being outside the egg.

As of this moment I'd be willing to bet that the entire ellipse thing is totally random. The only thing that U2.com members are guaranteed are first choice at where on the floor they'll be, not all will be in the ellipse. That is totally fair and considering only 300 per venue were presold (GA) that is not a huge # at all in some of these venues.

innominata8 said:

just curious where that 300 number is coming from....

atu2, in one of their postings, only 300 GA tickets were allotted in the 1st leg presales acc to them so take it with a grain of salt.

Skywalker said:
Tour merchandise has showed up at the venue apparently ! Pics are available at vertiblog.com.

Disgusting

"Tshirts are going to be $35 for Vertigo Tour t-shirts, $80-$90 for 'vintage' shirts, and posters will be $10."

learn2kneel said:
What if I have pre-sale ticket but my girlfriend has general sale ticket. What happens there?

If you get the beep you get in and can bring someone with you provided they have a GA ticket. I dont think any differentiation is made between presale/general sale friends being brought in.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Um, don't buy a vintage shirt? :shrug:

It was inevitable, the merchandise bitching has begun! :up:

WOW NO SHIT! I DONT HAVE TO BUY ONE!

You dont think 35 bucks is a bit excessive for a t-shirt?

This is scaring me. I am gong to both Vancouver shows. In the pre-sale I only was able to get balcony tickets, which do say J*FAN, but that won't matter since it's balcony. My GA tickets for the second show I got right when they went on sale. There was no presale though, so I guess there would only be one lineup.

Now I was about to trade my GAs on the 29th for GAs on the 28th and swap my other tickets, but if there is gonna be a u2.com line on the 28th that I wont be able to get into, maybe I shouldnt do that?

The only thing I'm worried about is that, much like Yoda, I am not very tall... around 5 feet. Last tour, I arrived early and secured a spot in the first row in front of The Edge. If I get stuck in the middle I won't see much :( .

No need to shout, buddy.

No need for chastising either especially in regards to prices. Would you lick the sweat off of Bonos scrotum if you got the chance?

So...if I'm a u2.com member going to the show with a non-u2.com member, we'll get split up into 2 different lines at the first ticket scanning??....then later, if I'm lucky enough to have a "beeping" ticket and I want to take that non u2.com member in with me...am I spose to go back out to the other line & find them?? :huh: :crazy:

I must have missed something :|

UKTan said:
So...if I'm a u2.com member going to the show with a non-u2.com member, we'll get split up into 2 different lines at the first ticket scanning??....then later, if I'm lucky enough to have a "beeping" ticket and I want to take that non u2.com member in with me...am I spose to go back out to the other line & find them?? :huh: :crazy:

I must have missed something :|

Actually, this sounds right, as ridiculous as it sounds. :)

All I said was don't buy a vintage shirt. Did I say, "Don't buy the vintage t-shirt, you cheap jerk?"

And to answer your question... No, I wouldn't.

No you acted all high and mighty like a complete and total tosser. Oh Dont buy one. No shit I dont have to buy one, but if I want to say that the prices are disgusting I can and shouldnt have to deal with some fangirl preaching to me about whether to buy or not to.

Goddamn birds.

Jesus....this thread is giving me a migraine. :crack:

And don't yell at me to stop reading it because I am. :)

Back
Top Bottom